IGNORED

Bradley Bates, son of Zach and Whitney, is here! (renamed)

Justme

Whitney was due on Oct. 22nd. I would predict a Halloween baby except I don't think many docs let moms go 9 days past a due date.

The baby could share a birthday with Kelly Bates if it comes today...

Allowing otherwise healthy mums to go to 42 weeks is normal here. Sometimes 43 weeks. I think it depends a lot on the doctor you go to.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why if/when I get pregnant, I wouldn't give a date, must get frustrating people continuing to ask, is baby here yet?

I'm happy for Whit, hope she doesn't have too long a wait!

My second daughter's official due date was Feb. 28th. I was not about to spend the entire month of February with people breathing down my neck so I just told everyone (including my mother which drove her crazy) that she was due "sometime in the beginning of March." :lol:

My first son was due in the middle of September. my ex was in a war zone at the time but got to come home for 2 weeks for the birth. I finally had to put an announcement on Facebook saying I would charge a quarter every time we were asked about where the baby was, because people were calling about every 2 hours! He ended up coming 9 days late, and X had to go back on deployment when he was 4 days old. Yeah, THAT was fun! Now I just tell people the month and not any specific day.

None of my kids were born in their due month... all were overdue, and all were induced. First two were 2 weeks late (14 and then 12 days). By the third I knew I'd need an induction anyway so I let them induce me at just one week late. (He was still over 9 1/2 lbs). But it's funny because I was kind of active in those 'month due' lists they used to have (still have?) and my June list kid was born in July, my October list kid was born in November, and my November list kid was born in December...

I know nothing about the Bates family other than what I've read here. I do hope Whitney has a safe delivery and that the new family is happy and healthy.

While it isn't uncommon for first babies to come late, I think it is also possible that Kelly is waiting a few weeks to post the baby news to the world. One of the few things I like about the Bates is that they do tend to delay announcements to give the people involved time to privately celebrate/grieve before opening the event up to the public. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the baby is here, and the family is just enjoying this time on their own.

I don't think so, Kelly said just yesterday that the baby wasn't here yet. I think Zach and Whitney will probably want to tell everyone within a day or so. Most people I know seem to announce within a few hours of the birth.

On 10/27, Kelly posted the babe isn't hear yet. They are planning on going to Jessa's wedding. However, she will stay back if Whit hasn't delivered.

I could have sworn the baby would be born by this Tuesday so that they can drag a newborn with them to Benessa's ordeal wedding. :whistle:

What happened with Erin and Chad? Did they have a baby? I never heard.

Erin had a miscarriage.

Are the Bates still filming their new show? I wonder if photos of the baby will be released or kept for the show then?

This has to be tough on Erin and Chad since their baby would have also arrived around now. Hope they attend the wedding just so they can get their minds on something else.

This has to be tough on Erin and Chad since their baby would have also arrived around now. Hope they attend the wedding just so they can get their minds on something else.

It's sad, that's for sure. I generally think that everything happens for a reason, and this way Cherin at least got a chance to spend more one on one time with each other. I'm glad they had the chance not to be parents/ pregnant right away.

[hidden][/hidden]

It's sad, that's for sure. I generally think that everything happens for a reason, and this way Cherin at least got a chance to spend more one on one time with each other. I'm glad they had the chance not to be parents/ pregnant right away.

FYI: Please don't ever say that to a couple who has miscarried. It's very hurtful and not at all helpful or a way to put their mind at ease. Especially if it was a much wanted pregnancy, as Erin's was. Trust me, from experience, it's not the right thing to say.

Bradley Gilvin Bates has arrived.

usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/bringing-up-bates-stars-whitney-and-zach-welcome-baby-boy-picture-20143010

Erin had a miscarriage.

I think that that baby would have been very much loved and that any baby they have in the future will be very loved as well. From what I've seen on this forum, it sounds as if Erin and Chad are very much in love and very much want to have a family one day. I hope they are doing well and that they are able to have a child when they feel ready.

Bradley Gilvin Bates has arrived.

usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/bringing-up-bates-stars-whitney-and-zach-welcome-baby-boy-picture-20143010

Congratulations to the new parents! Their little man is beautiful.

I hope they got some $$ from US magazine for the exclusive, and I hope they get to keep it & not loan it to Gil!

Also hopes this means Kelly gets to go to the Duggar wedding on Sunday & wear a better dress than Michelle. :D

According to a press release, the reality show will "take a fresh look at an uncommon, ultra-conservative American family with larger-than-life personalities." Bradley's birth will be a major plot point in the new season, as will the relationships between Erin Bates and husband Chad Paine, and Alyssa Bates and husband John Webster.

Cool, I look forward to this.

Archived