IGNORED

No shoe modesty!

Ivycoveredtower

I think Jill's hair has a lot of blonde highlights, and she was photographed in sunlight... nothing more.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anybody else think that Jana and Joy joking/making light of the modesty rules was a little.... weird? As if it is so ridiculous a question to ask about modesty rules surrounding the feet? I mean, it seems like a normal question to me, given all the people in the world who have foot fetishes.

And Jill went barefoot to her wedding?!?!??!?! That is utter nonsense. I cannot believe this. I was a bridesmaid at my cousin's wedding recently, and the morning of, she stubbed her toe really bad. I mean bad. When we were on our way to the church, it was still bleeding and being held together by gauze. The gauze was preventing her foot from fitting in her (brand new) bridal shoes, and I was literally shoving her feet in the shoe. My poor cousin was close to tears from the pain, but I kept saying, "You must wear shoes to your wedding!!!" I had thought ahead, though, and packed her some flats in case the shoes didnt work out. Luckily they did. I'll be damned if I had allowed her to go in barefoot.

Did anybody else think that Jana and Joy joking/making light of the modesty rules was a little.... weird? As if it is so ridiculous a question to ask about modesty rules surrounding the feet? I mean, it seems like a normal question to me, given all the people in the world who have foot fetishes.

And Jill went barefoot to her wedding?!?!??!?! That is utter nonsense. I cannot believe this. I was a bridesmaid at my cousin's wedding recently, and the morning of, she stubbed her toe really bad. I mean bad. When we were on our way to the church, it was still bleeding and being held together by gauze. The gauze was preventing her foot from fitting in her (brand new) bridal shoes, and I was literally shoving her feet in the shoe. My poor cousin was close to tears from the pain, but I kept saying, "You must wear shoes to your wedding!!!" I had thought ahead, though, and packed her some flats in case the shoes didnt work out. Luckily they did. I'll be damned if I had allowed her to go in barefoot.

I have notice Jana making Joking lately before they went to DC for Jill's dress she was asked if they all had to agree on a dress and she Yes of course if we don't all agree she'll end up with an ugly dress.

Hm, it is really interesting to see such strong reactions about being barefoot in public. I have a friend who is Buddhist and he walks barefoot as often as he is able, even in winter. I certainly don't think it is the cleanest or safest thing, but it is important symbolically to him. So I would not think to call it "unacceptable."

Now I really want to know if there is an underlying religious symbolism, or if it is just a creepy Gothard rule. Anyone have a source for this? Maybe Candy has written about being barefoot. Her blog seems to cover everything...

FJ is funny. :lol:

The Duggars say they don't have any rules for footwear, so we get all outraged and are like "but what about all those sexy shoes and guys with foot fetishes!!!"

If the Duggars had rules for footwear we'd all get outraged and be like "Those poor Duggars can't even choose what they put on their feet because some dick might get erect!!!"

I love FJ!

FJ is funny. :lol:

The Duggars say they don't have any rules for footwear, so we get all outraged and are like "but what about all those sexy shoes and guys with foot fetishes!!!"

If the Duggars had rules for footwear we'd all get outraged and be like "Those poor Duggars can't even choose what they put on their feet because some dick might get erect!!!"

I love FJ!

For me it was Ironic. I mean they have to wear sleeves but no shoes is okay. and No shoes in a church Really. :pink-shock: Especially after the whole Gothard thing.

For me it was Ironic. I mean they have to wear sleeves but no shoes is okay. and No shoes in a church Really. :pink-shock: Especially after the whole Gothard thing.

yeah, i think it's more of the ignorance in their thousands of rules. girls have to wear skirts and have long hair and can't wear tank tops or anything to low cut or skirts that are too short, but wearing no shoes is okay! i understand if the kids don't know about foot fetishes, being sheltered as they are, but boob and j'chelle were out in the world for a good long while, i'm sure they would know SOMETHING, especially about a fairly commonly known fetish (as opposed to other, lesser known fetishes).

I still don't think any of the J'Slaves would be allowed to wear a stiletto if they wanted to.

Seriously, why not wear cute flats or something? Why just go barefoot? You're asking for him to step on your feet and crush them.

You don't have to wear "heels" and be uncomfortable. I'm 4'11 and DH is almost 5'9 and I wore a pair of wedge sandals. Best decision I ever made. My feet didn't hurt for a second all night. And they were pink!

My goodness, the shoes they did choose sure were ugly, though I must say Jana did a good job with the dresses. What I think is interesting regarding modesty is the Duggar's take on it as opposed to the polygamist Brown family's opinion. The Brown wives believe in long sleeves that cover the elbows but the Duggars do not. But I think the Brown women wear pants. I'd love to see a show where they get the Duggars and the Browns together to discuss theology.

My goodness, the shoes they did choose sure were ugly, though I must say Jana did a good job with the dresses. What I think is interesting regarding modesty is the Duggar's take on it as opposed to the polygamist Brown family's opinion. The Brown wives believe in long sleeves that cover the elbows but the Duggars do not. But I think the Brown women wear pants. I'd love to see a show where they get the Duggars and the Browns together to discuss theology.

The shoes Jana wanted Joy to wear were alright. Can't remember if that's what she actually ended up wearing though. Jana was very big on the gals wearing heels. Is that some snark we see? ;)

Going shoeless in public places is not considered "done" in the US.. for the most part. Even Quickie Mart type stores have the signs: "no shirt, no shoes, no service"... I would consider a church a public place, and shoes would be a must. Think parking lots, etc. Consider the alternative: stepping into gum or bird poop, or stepping on rocks or a piece of glass.. just walking barefoot on the floor of a public place skeeves most people out. I don't understand anyone doing that, but that's just me.

I think the show just might have been poking fun at the Duggars no shoe modesty. Because if you go back and watch the new episode when Jana is mending the dresses they make sure to get a good shot of her bare feet. :lol:

From this picture, I would say white flip flops

article-2665963-1F09C20900000578-489_634x410.jpg

This is not a flattering shot of Jill at all. I still think Jill is by far the ugliest of the J'slaves, just like she's always been (well, at least since 14 Kids).

Conspiracy theory: JB went out of his way to find a husband for Jill because he still saw her as the ugly awkward one and worried she wouldn't be able to find a mate on her own.

Okay, I'm done being mean.

This is not a flattering shot of Jill at all. I still think Jill is by far the ugliest of the J'slaves, just like she's always been (well, at least since 14 Kids).

Conspiracy theory: JB went out of his way to find a husband for Jill because he still saw her as the ugly awkward one and worried she wouldn't be able to find a mate on her own.

Okay, I'm done being mean.

This is possible - Jill is fairly dowdy looking, but she looks much better than she used to!

Sometimes I am of the thought is that Boob married her off first because she would actually do what Mullet wanted and get preggers on her wedding night, starting off the path for 20 little blessings. Maybe, just maybe, he is waiting to marry the other ones off as he knows that's not really what they want, and he doesn't want to force them into it. Hence, the long Benessa courtship.

I don't know - this is most likely not the case at all, but Boob seems to actually care about his children and be invested in their interests, unlike Mullet who has crowned herself the dairy queen...

I think the show just might have been poking fun at the Duggars no shoe modesty. Because if you go back and watch the new episode when Jana is mending the dresses they make sure to get a good shot of her bare feet. :lol:

A lot of people sew barefoot. I am one of a handful who doesn't in a sewing group I'm part of.

Archived