IGNORED

No shoe modesty!

Ivycoveredtower

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gah. Michelle. GAH.

That is very ironic in light of Mr. Gothard but come on Michelle, you never seen a pair of stilettos or Loubotins? Well maybe not. That no TV, no movies, limited Internet, no magazines, well okay.. ugh still not buying it, Michelle's got to be aware that some shoes are just flat out sexy.

I also found it interesting that Jill said she was going barefoot I never realized she did that. I mean you have to wear sleeves but sure you can go barefoot. guess they never heard of foot fetishes. :lol:

Gah. Michelle. GAH.

That is very ironic in light of Mr. Gothard but come on Michelle, you never seen a pair of stilettos or Loubotins? Well maybe not. That no TV, no movies, limited Internet, no magazines, well okay.. ugh still not buying it, Michelle's got to be aware that some shoes are just flat out sexy.

It's probably because Mullet has never really got to wear those sorts of shoes or maybe afford them. The shoes she has worn in the past, even my Nana wouldn't have worn.

If I could link a picture, I'd show y'all how Jill may have gotten married barefoot (can't ruin that all-important "height difference" :roll: ), but left the church in cheap white flip-flops.

Poor Jill, a kitten heel would have been MODEST and very minimally affected that precious height difference.

I also found it interesting that Jill said she was going barefoot I never realized she did that. I mean you have to wear sleeves but sure you can go barefoot. guess they never heard of foot fetishes. :lol:

They're allowed to be barefoot in church? For reals?

They're allowed to be barefoot in church? For reals?

guess so. maybe just for the Duggars though remember they are backyards and bare feet according to Michelle. :lol:

I've said this before and I will mention it again. When I was about 15, I was complaining about some flats showing toe cleavage and my mom just said, "No, you don't understand, toe cleavage drives some men insane."

Does Michelle not see what heels do for some legs? Like, damn.

This woman hasn't heard of foot fetishes either apparently.

Ironically enough, they have almost certainly heard all about foot fetishes recently as their circle gossips about the Gothard sex scandal.

That's a big thing in some Beachy Mennonite circles. (this was in TX and OH) Those girls have trendy shoes, strands of bangs out of their coverings, and try to make their dresses as modern as possible in color and shape. (just going to Kohl's or Target for sweaters can give them a lot of inspiration on what's in fashion).

i can see the Duggars not caring about shoe fashion, they probably had to get sturdy hand-me-downs in their poorer years.

But Gothard has a foot fetish. No wonder he says there are no modesty rules for feet. He only says he likes long skirts and curls because he finds that hot. The whole ATI dress code was made up by Bill Gothard's dick.

Maybe that's why many fundie maidens wear flip-flops to headquarters. Maybe it's a rule so it's easier for Gothard to play footsie when the urge strikes. :shock:

I think that Gothard has tried making his own version of the innocent Catholic school girl look, but has failed miserably. Or maybe he's trying to recreate the 1950s school girl look. Maybe the woman, whom his mother didn't like, that he wanted to marry back in his younger days, was a strong opinionated woman (hence the desire for women to speak like babies and have no opinions).

As for no foot modesty, Michelle probably had nobody in her younger days tell her that her feet turned them on. It was all about her face and body. What a clueless woman.

at the christian high school i attended for three years, flip flops were banned. at first, we were told it was a "safety issue for the district" (we were tied to a school district). well, we called bullshit on that pretty quick because some people knew students in said school district that wore flip flops just fine. one of the school administrators broke down and said that flip flops "showed too much". looking back, i think he personally probably had some foot fetish, because i really don't know who the fuck would say some shit like that. granted, he was a 45 year old unmarried man living with his mother and was devoutly religious to the extreme, so obviously he never had any outlet for anything sexual. but goddamn wtf we were minors, why was he so fixated on our feet?

at the christian high school i attended for three years, flip flops were banned. at first, we were told it was a "safety issue for the district" (we were tied to a school district). well, we called bullshit on that pretty quick because some people knew students in said school district that wore flip flops just fine. one of the school administrators broke down and said that flip flops "showed too much". looking back, i think he personally probably had some foot fetish, because i really don't know who the fuck would say some shit like that. granted, he was a 45 year old unmarried man living with his mother and was devoutly religious to the extreme, so obviously he never had any outlet for anything sexual. but goddamn wtf we were minors, why was he so fixated on our feet?

I went to a heathen public school. Flips flops were also banned there. The safety issue excuse was cited as well.

If she likes the height difference, couldn't she have just found some cute ballet flats?

Honestly, I always assumed heels/wedges weren't allowed in the Duggar house, because until Jill's wedding I don't think I've ever seen the girls where any. Bates girls, yes, but never Duggars.

And Michelle..have you seen a pair of high heels? Some of those are very sexy!

I went to a heathen public school. Flips flops were also banned there. The safety issue excuse was cited as well.

the funny part: we were allowed to wear birkenstock-like "jesus" sandals (with the really wide straps going across the foot). but flip flops were a no-no. i gotta hand it to us, for being raised in a strict christian-worldview environment in that school, most of us were pretty perceptive when it came to bullshit.

Apparently the Duggars didn't learn about the eroticism of bound feet (or anything else) when they were in China. Granted bound feet were banned a century ago, but its still something to learn about in Chinese history.

I have also been baffled by the lack of ballet flats on the J'Slaves. Ballet flats can be had for pretty cheap at a Target-type store--or my local Goodwill. And I would think most of us would agree that they are more "feminine" than plastic flip-flops

Apparently the Duggars didn't learn about the eroticism of bound feet (or anything else) when they were in China. Granted bound feet were banned a century ago, but its still something to learn about in Chinese history.

I have also been baffled by the lack of ballet flats on the J'Slaves. Ballet flats can be had for pretty cheap at a Target-type store--or my local Goodwill. And I would think most of us would agree that they are more "feminine" than plastic flip-flops

yes! i love ballet flats. i used to wear heels all the time to work in my late teens/early 20's, and i'm already paying for it at 27. cute flats are my new best friend. :)

i'm not sure what it is about flip flops, honestly. i went to northland camp and conference center camps as a teen (skirts/dresses required for chapel and in leadership camp, if we weren't wearing knee-length guy shorts, we had to wear skirts) and most of the girls wore flip flops over ballet flats. honestly, i was one of them, but that was because i liked being able to take them off and feel the cool floor during the service and then kick them off and carry them while walking back to our cabin. the others i can't speak for. but, it is something i've noticed with fundie girls in general.

If I could link a picture, I'd show y'all how Jill may have gotten married barefoot (can't ruin that all-important "height difference" :roll: ), but left the church in cheap white flip-flops.

Poor Jill, a kitten heel would have been MODEST and very minimally affected that precious height difference.

I somehow missed where Jill went barefoot to save height difference. It doesn't make sense -- I've had the impression that Derrick is a little on the tall side for a guy, and Jill is average for a girl. That isn't enough height difference? It's not like Katie Holmes marrying Tom Cruise.

yes! i love ballet flats. i used to wear heels all the time to work in my late teens/early 20's, and i'm already paying for it at 27. cute flats are my new best friend. :)

i'm not sure what it is about flip flops, honestly. i went to northland camp and conference center camps as a teen (skirts/dresses required for chapel and in leadership camp, if we weren't wearing knee-length guy shorts, we had to wear skirts) and most of the girls wore flip flops over ballet flats. honestly, i was one of them, but that was because i liked being able to take them off and feel the cool floor during the service and then kick them off and carry them while walking back to our cabin. the others i can't speak for. but, it is something i've noticed with fundie girls in general.

I read that to mean that they wore flip flops on top of ballet flats, and I was like "how the fuck?!"!

If she likes the height difference, couldn't she have just found some cute ballet flats?

Honestly, I always assumed heels/wedges weren't allowed in the Duggar house, because until Jill's wedding I don't think I've ever seen the girls where any. Bates girls, yes, but never Duggars.

And Michelle..have you seen a pair of high heels? Some of those are very sexy!

I was wondering that to. I know we've seen Jinger and I think Jessa wearing fashion boots but heels I'm not sure. I think it was rude of them to practically force Joy to wear those wedges when it was clear she didn't like them.

At least the Duggars are relatable in THAT respect. They don't find everything immodest, otherwise the women would be wearing head coverings and pilgrim boots.

It's just so fascinating how Bible-based values are interpreted differently by so many different sects. Although, I don't recall the Bible mentioning footwear (Correct me if I'm wrong!).

That's interesting; do heels cause skeletal problems of some sort? I've never heard of that, because I don't wear high heels myself.

Archived