IGNORED

Women Who Have Abortions Should Be Hanged

doggie

You have to use the link to read the exchange but as usual the stupid and lack of logic

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/k ... tion-tweet

Kevin Williamson, a correspondent for National Review, suggested Monday that women who have abortions should be hanged.

Williamson's tweet came in a back-and-forth on twitter that started with Williamson's piece criticizing a blog post by actress and director Lena Dunham on why women should vote.

The key part of the exchange was captured by Charles Johnson of the blog Little Green Footballs. Here is the exchange:

Oh man...I just did some research on this guy and realized he and I were studying literature at UT at the same time. There's a halfway decent chance we were in a class together at some point. Why oh why would someone like him choose to go to the Most Liberal University in Texas? Now he's just besmirching the reputation of a fine institution. I feel dirty by association :cry:

You have to use the link to read the exchange but as usual the stupid and lack of logic

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/k ... tion-tweet

Kevin Williamson, a correspondent for National Review, suggested Monday that women who have abortions should be hanged.

Williamson's tweet came in a back-and-forth on twitter that started with Williamson's piece criticizing a blog post by actress and director Lena Dunham on why women should vote.

The key part of the exchange was captured by Charles Johnson of the blog Little Green Footballs. Here is the exchange:

Shall I lead the way to the gallows???

Here is a suggestion instead of hanging women for having abortion, shouldn't we hang the men who caused the pregnancies that necessitated the abortions in the first place?

Here is a suggestion instead of hanging women for having abortion, shouldn't we hang the men who caused the pregnancies that necessitated the abortions in the first place?

That's a great thought!!

But it's not the men's fault! Teh ebul wimmenz tempted them and the men just couldn't control themselves.

[/sarcasm]

It will take a while to hang 28% of women in the USA, and some of the people he hangs might surprise him. And their church, anti abortion groups, etc. prochoiceactionnetwork-canada.org/articles/anti-tales.shtml

Other numbers suggest 45 Million abortions-- but that is since Roe V Wade was legalized, so some may have died of natural causes, before this guy could show up with the noose.

Thank goodness there is no war on women on the right-- if this is peace imagine how horrible war would be.

But but but but but if they do that how will they shame women for daring to have sex????

What about men who kill sperm? Every sperm wants to fertilize an egg, shouldn't they get a fair chance at least and not be doomed to swim their way fruitlessly around an old sock until they die of whatever sperm die of (hunger? old age?)?

Now this is the kind of crazy shit I've been expecting. I've always wondered what the actual agenda was behind trying to abolish Roe v Wade - I always knew that it would ultimately come back around to severely punishing any woman who dares to have an abortion. They don't give two shits about these babies once they are born and they are certainly not willing to help women who find themselves unexpectedly pregnant, either while pregnant or after the birth. So really, this is what it all boils down to - instituting the death penalty or other insidiously harsh punishments for those women who have chosen to have an abortion. Sadly, I think this is only going to gain steam in the coming years - not necessarily the hanging part, but I think we're going to hear a shit ton about the harsh penalties they're looking to impose...

Now this is the kind of crazy shit I've been expecting. I've always wondered what the actual agenda was behind trying to abolish Roe v Wade - I always knew that it would ultimately come back around to severely punishing any woman who dares to have an abortion. They don't give two shits about these babies once they are born and they are certainly not willing to help women who find themselves unexpectedly pregnant, either while pregnant or after the birth. So really, this is what it all boils down to - instituting the death penalty or other insidiously harsh punishments for those women who have chosen to have an abortion. Sadly, I think this is only going to gain steam in the coming years - not necessarily the hanging part, but I think we're going to hear a shit ton about the harsh penalties they're looking to impose...

Well, I believe Feminism is their new witchcraft. It is the "Jezebel Spirit" and it is rebellious-- and lots of fundie pages call rebellion the same as witchcraft. Go a few more steps and get some literalist who is for stoning disobedient sons and not suffering a witch to live and pretty much whomever is in power gets to choose who lives. I'd not like my sitting governor, nor some Ayatollah like Doug Phillips to have that much power. But the people who I know who are either dabbling or swimming in Christian Dominionism /Theonomy might see that as a good thing. And that is where it gets ugly and the purges could begin--and these groups have been preaching that Feminists are the enemy of all that is good and right, and the cause of all that is sad and wrong in our country and our families for a long time. Do you think Ken and Lori would be against the hanging of a woman who had an abortion? Or would Lori be in line to watch, finally getting a little thrill in her life?

How many of the fundies we follow would not only think it was only fair to hang women who had abortions, but get quite the little tingle from it? And after them the rest of the feminists!

What about men who kill sperm? Every sperm wants to fertilize an egg, shouldn't they get a fair chance at least and not be doomed to swim their way fruitlessly around an old sock until they die of whatever sperm die of (hunger? old age?)?

This reminds me of the scene in Legally Blonde where Elle starts coming into her own and argues in the mock case that the sperm donor has no right to the child because "why this sperm." "In fact any masturbatory emissions where a sperm clearly wasn't seeking an egg could be labeled reckless abandonment"

[bBvideo 560,340:121g2rpj]

[/bBvideo]

Oh man...I just did some research on this guy and realized he and I were studying literature at UT at the same time. There's a halfway decent chance we were in a class together at some point. Why oh why would someone like him choose to go to the Most Liberal University in Texas? Now he's just besmirching the reputation of a fine institution. I feel dirty by association :cry:

If that's the UT that just came out with the all-vegan cafeteria and is super active in environmentalism, you can bet that's one of the most liberal universities in the US. If we are talking about the same university then I am shocked.

Archived