IGNORED

Mullet's hypocrisy strikes again

CorruptionInc.

I am very annoyed by what Michelle said about the Doctor who delivered Josie.

She says that due to "all his skills in school, he was able to save you".

HIS SKILLS HE LEARNT IN SCHOOL.

You deny your kids any real chance of going to university to pursue dreams, yet you know that this Doctor wouldn't be where he was if it wasn't from school. I don't think you can get a medical degree from College Minus.

:angry-banghead:

Could you imagine how different we might view the Duggar's if Josh was just graduating from law school? If he had been allowed to follow that dream a lot might be different.

I noticed that to. I want to point at her and say your son wanted to be a lawyer and it's obvious you wouldn't let him.

I wonder what the bible says about hypocrisy?

Because if it's mentioned, Mullet obviously chooses to ignore that bit.

Could you imagine how different we might view the Duggar's if Josh was just graduating from law school? If he had been allowed to follow that dream a lot might be different.

We can only imagine. Anna would've of been allowed to bug him every day at work for starters.

We can only imagine. Anna would've of been allowed to bug him every day at work for starters.

He might not have ended up with Anna. He would have been finishing up pre-law and trying to get into a good law school about the time they started courting.

I wonder what the bible says about hypocrisy?

Because if it's mentioned, Mullet obviously chooses to ignore that bit.

Jesus himself mentions "hypocrites" quite a lot...and does not think highly of them. Matthew 23 is often called "A Warning Against Hypocrisy". It applies to Michelle quite a lot.

Here's the KJV:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

I'm 10 days younger than Josh, and I went straight through to law school after undergrad. I've been an attorney (in NY where it takes *forever* to be sworn in) for 8 months now. While I have no children, but I do have a new headship, who is very newly a doctor, despite all the desires we created and fulfilled, though unrighteously. I always wonder if I had an opportunity to speak with Josh if he would pity me for all my sin/having a career/the 8 years of premarital sex (with the headship, so maybe that's redeeming?) or wish he had pursued an actual education so he could be an attorney as well.

I'm 10 days younger than Josh, and I went straight through to law school after undergrad. I've been an attorney (in NY where it takes *forever* to be sworn in) for 8 months now. While I have no children, but I do have a new headship, who is very newly a doctor, despite all the desires we created and fulfilled, though unrighteously. I always wonder if I had an opportunity to speak with Josh if he would pity me for all my sin/having a career/the 8 years of premarital sex (with the headship, so maybe that's redeeming?) or wish he had pursued an actual education so he could be an attorney as well.

I think no matter what came out of his mouth he would be jealous of the fact that you got to do what he wanted. I often wonder if he questions why others he works with were allowed to pursue their dreams while he wasn't. Even though FCR is really out there, he's got to be one of the very few on staff who doesn't have a degree. There's gotta be some regrets and jealously there.

Jesus himself mentions "hypocrites" quite a lot...and does not think highly of them. Matthew 23 is often called "A Warning Against Hypocrisy". It applies to Michelle quite a lot.

Here's the KJV:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

How ignorant then is Mullet? Because that is clear as day that hypocrisy is a big no no.

I wonder what Michelle and JB thinks of Ob/GYN doctors. They won't let a male doctor examine their daughters but surly always let's a female doctor do it.

I often wonder if the Duggars ever consider that if everyone believed the same as they did and raised their children the same way, there would be no doctors who could help save babies like Josie. There would be no real scientists to find medical breakthroughs. There would really be no truly educated people.

Can you imagine living in that world? It makes me furious that they go on and on about not using any birth control and "letting God decide" and yet if they had "let God decide" about Josie, she would have died, and maybe Michelle as well. It was scientific medical intervention from professionally educated doctors (and scientists) and nurses etc. that is the reason Josie and Michelle are alive today. So they like to have their cake and eat it too! They leave it up to God when it's stuff they want, but are happy to accept medical intervention instead of leaving it up to God when there's any medical risks. They don't leave crooked teeth up to God. They are happy to take medicine when needed. Where do they think all those skills they take advantage of come from? People go to school to become scientists and dentists and lawyers and other professions that the Duggars and others like them then use.

People make me so angry when they comment stuff like "If everyone raised their kids like the Duggars it would be such a wonderful world". No it wouldn't. It would be the Dark Ages. Disease would run rampant and mortality rates would rise. It would be horrible.

This really just shows the lack of critical thinking skills that they force onto their children. They claim they want this and that while not living like that. They deny the science but use it deny the education but use it.

I often wonder if the Duggars ever consider that if everyone believed the same as they did and raised their children the same way, there would be no doctors who could help save babies like Josie. There would be no real scientists to find medical breakthroughs. There would really be no truly educated people.

Can you imagine living in that world? It makes me furious that they go on and on about not using any birth control and "letting God decide" and yet if they had "let God decide" about Josie, she would have died, and maybe Michelle as well. It was scientific medical intervention from professionally educated doctors (and scientists) and nurses etc. that is the reason Josie and Michelle are alive today. So they like to have their cake and eat it too! They leave it up to God when it's stuff they want, but are happy to accept medical intervention instead of leaving it up to God when there's any medical risks. They don't leave crooked teeth up to God. They are happy to take medicine when needed. Where do they think all those skills they take advantage of come from? People go to school to become scientists and dentists and lawyers and other professions that the Duggars and others like them then use.

People make me so angry when they comment stuff like "If everyone raised their kids like the Duggars it would be such a wonderful world". No it wouldn't. It would be the Dark Ages. Disease would run rampant and mortality rates would rise. It would be horrible.

Unfortunately, without doctors, there would BE no Josie to save...because Michelle had pre-eclampsia with Jana and John David, and before the rise of modern medicine, that was a condition that was unknown, almost undiagnosable even after it had been discovered, and almost inevitably fatal until relatively recently.

So there wouldn't even be the Duggar family that we know today. Michelle would have died giving birth to the twins, and Jim Bob would have likely remarried.

When more of their children are adults and can't make JB-sized incomes, it might feel more real. I think JB has that Oprah mindset of "if you work hard, you'll reap the rewards, God will provide, yadda yadda." JB might be good in turning real estate but that doesn't mean his children will be able to find similar skills that will be able to support huge families. I mean, to suggest that you could raise "even 10" kids on, say, a one-person, $40,000 a year income...paying for everyone's health insurance, all that food, emergencies, a house (since they don't seem to be huge fans of renting, though I'd assume Josh is renting in Maryland?) - it's just impossible. No amount of coupon clipping and "buying used" will make that work. I love how the Duggars always act like "buy used, save the difference" is some novel concept! Hello, you're not the first folks to shop at Goodwill. And most of the people there are shopping there out of necessity, not just for funsies so they can save up for their plane.

I think there's a reason the Duggars and the Bates are on TV and not all of the other fundie families that are dirt poor and miserable. Everything worked out for the Duggars. Most people aren't that lucky. Few women can have that many pregnancies with only two miscarriages and not a single serious birth defect, disability etc. I knew a fundie-lite family growing up with FIVE boys - all with autism. I don't at all mean to suggest that their children aren't loved and aren't wanted (they very much were) but it's just no coincidence that it's a "perfect" family like the Duggars that we see on the screen.

Uhg, I can't deal when they spout of how God will always provide. There are people - (and Christians!, who supposedly get first dibs on God's blessings) all across the world starving, living in extreme violence, young girls trapped in marriages with no education, people dying of horrible and preventable diseases...and they have the nerve to suggest the reason they're doing so great is because God blessed them. But just them! - not those other people. Guess they should have prayed a little harder not to die.

When more of their children are adults and can't make JB-sized incomes, it might feel more real. I think JB has that Oprah mindset of "if you work hard, you'll reap the rewards, God will provide, yadda yadda." JB might be good in turning real estate but that doesn't mean his children will be able to find similar skills that will be able to support huge families. I mean, to suggest that you could raise "even 10" kids on, say, a one-person, $40,000 a year income...paying for everyone's health insurance, all that food, emergencies, a house (since they don't seem to be huge fans of renting, though I'd assume Josh is renting in Maryland?) - it's just impossible. No amount of coupon clipping and "buying used" will make that work. I love how the Duggars always act like "buy used, save the difference" is some novel concept! Hello, you're not the first folks to shop at Goodwill. And most of the people there are shopping there out of necessity, not just for funsies so they can save up for their plane.

I think there's a reason the Duggars and the Bates are on TV and not all of the other fundie families that are dirt poor and miserable. Everything worked out for the Duggars. Most people aren't that lucky. Few women can have that many pregnancies with only two mi scarriages and not a single serious birth defect, disability etc. I knew a fundie-lite family growing up with FIVE boys - all with autism. I don't at all mean to suggest that their children aren't loved and aren't wanted (they very much were) but it's just no coincidence that it's a "perfect" family like the Duggars that we see on the screen.

Uhg, I can't deal when they spout of how God will always provide. There are people - (and Christians!, who supposedly get first dibs on God's blessings) all across the world starving, living in extreme violence, young girls trapped in marriages with no education, people dying of horrible and preventable diseases...and they have the nerve to suggest the reason they're doing so great is because God blessed them. But just them! - not those other people. Guess they should have prayed a little harder not to die.

:text-+1: This a million times.

:evil:

This really just shows the lack of critical thinking skills that they force onto their children. They claim they want this and that while not living like that. They deny the science but use it deny the education but use it.

When it comes to science vs religion, most of the time science wins. You don't pray away a sickness or disease you go to the doctor and get treated. I also hate how people always thank god for saving the it life or making the better instead of the doctors that treated them

I'm probably crediting Josh with long-range critical thinking skills that he doesn't yet possess, but outside of his mind immediately jumping to the "sin" of premarital sex, he would probably be greatly jealous of the the longterm earning potential that you and your husband both have. You both will have better financial prospects 20 years from now because of your respective educations, compared to his limited Gothard-inspired wisdom booklet curriculum.

Josh, on the other hand...unless his luck with political connections holds out, I can easily see him taking Anna and the kids and grifting from an RV, similar to the Rodrigues clan.

I was always told that the Dr's skills were their gift from God. So I when ever I pray for someone ill or having surgery etc it is always similar to "God guide the doctors blah, blah, blah". It's just asinine that the Duggars can't wrap their head around the fact that God can use doctors or lawyers or photographers or whatever but they think they are his chosen people. If only they'd read about the fact Jesus hung out with sinners.

I was always told that the Dr's skills were their gift from God. So I when ever I pray for someone ill or having surgery etc it is always similar to "God guide the doctors blah, blah, blah". It's just asinine that the Duggars can't wrap their head around the fact that God can use doctors or lawyers or photographers or whatever but they think they are his chosen people. If only they'd read about the fact Jesus hung out with sinners.

Also, Science is fact (or hotly contested previous facts); religion is ?????

Archived