IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell is MARRIED!!!

anjulibai

I didn't realize that Christopher was still an active photographer. I agree about Melanie looking tired. I didn't realize that Elissa had 2 brothers. Also it looks she & her sister look exactly like their mother.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE Elissa's dress and think she looked beautiful at her wedding.

GiGi looked so pretty. I hope she's holding up ok.

Agree that Melanie looks tired. She's usually so attractive, but a difficult pregnancy, and now a newborn will do that to you.

Did anyone see NR-Anna in those pictures? Odd that Christopher would show photographs of everybody except his own wife.

They didn't have many wedding guests. There can't be more than a couple hundred.

She does have a pretty dress. 1000% better than Anna's. Nath's girls are adorable. It looks like that had actual food, not just baloney on a toothpick.

:lol: I looked at it and thought they had a good number of wedding guests. More than the last wedding I attended.

Ugh, Christopher, those pics are terrible. I feel bad for the family that they have to choose him as their photographer even though they probably get the pics for free or cheap.

That pic if Sarah looking at herself in the mirror is really sad.

Christopher- STOP with the vignettes and shining harsh light on people in the outdoor photos! Ever heard of using natural light??

No surprise that most photos focus on the Maxwells. But I'm amazed he took as many pics of Nathan and his family as he did.

I dislike groomsmen jumping photos and this one just really, really looks like a groom celebrating that he finally gets to have sex!

They didn't have many wedding guests. There can't be more than a couple hundred.

She does have a pretty dress. 1000% better than Anna's. Nath's girls are adorable. It looks like that had actual food, not just baloney on a toothpick.

Just wondering what your criteria for a large wedding is? I had 85 guests at my wedding and did not think of it as particularly small. And I play for a lot of weddings (professional musician)--a couple hundred guests is at least average.

Christpher Maxwell's website is a study of what not to do in photography. :? He has a great knack for photographing the backs of people's heads!!!

And what's with the horror movie filter( as my daughter called it)? And pics with no definitive subject? :shock: Just blech!

I actually really like the brown ombre maxi skirts the girls are wearing in the latest post. I feel uncomfortable with myself now. :?

In the cover picture for the album (I'm on my phone so I can't post it) his facial expression looks like he's about to eat her :/

Oh I'm sure they're not allowed to do that. :shifty:

They weren't kidding! I assumed they meant conference hall. I don't blame the guy on his phone, I bet the people in back couldn't hear anyway. Those kids look bored.

Shoot! I didn't notice the guy in the other room, I was so astounded that that a session was in a hallway and a pretty long one at that.

Wonder if Steveovah admonished the guy when he went back into the session? Or did this guy just hide there the whole time?

I always thought that some of the venues that host the conferences won't always have sufficient space for all the sessions. Wonder if this church knew how much room that they were going to need? It's been discussed here before whether or not people going to these conferences really know what they are in for when they sign up. What's advertised on the website doesn't seem to conform to what's actually goes in in these conferences per reports. Also wonder if the church venues know what they are in for as well. Steveovah gets very bothered when things don't go to plan.

Oh good...another FUN time UNLOADING crap! Even for the Maxwells this is getting to be a boring topic. Show us RELOADING the bus! lol...

Christopher is a shitty photographer.

And Melanie looks exhausted. i hope it is just because she has a bunch of little ones and she isn't pregnant or ill.

The Aunties were nowhere in sight to help a sistah out, were they? So much for family devotion. (I can't really fault them too much - it was the first time any of the Maxgals got to wear pretty, bodice-defining dresses.)

Elissa has wonderful good looks, very Mediterranean, and there's an openness to her face and in her eyes that indicates she was raised by intelligent, educated, reasonable parents.

And now she's in Maxhell ... well, 0.6 miles away from it.

I really don't like the stubble-beard Joseph wore. FWIW.

In regards to Poor Sarah's reports of how terribly the family miss Joseph (note, they don't miss Elissa.....) -- I wonder how much of that is Sarah and how much her editor, Steve. If it's genuinely Poor Sarah missing yet another brother, I fear for her mental health when the last one flies the mothership.

Then again, at least they weren't all in tears, as when Nathan moved to the house across the street.

Also, Terified, you hypocrite with your form-fitting belt and contrasting buttons. All are equal, but some are more equal than others, right, George Orwell Maxwell? :roll:

Ooh! One last thing. Is Mr.Elissa's father an ordained pastor? Did he and/or Stevus get a one-day marryin' certificate from the state? Such utter b.s., this patriarchy!

I find it confusing the way the blog posts are jumping around from wedding to conferences. Are you guys only seeing wedding pics on the blog or is there a seperate wedding site I have missed? Conference, conference, blah blah. Who cares Sarah! Give us the courtship/wedding info!

I actually really like the brown ombre maxi skirts the girls are wearing in the latest post. I feel uncomfortable with myself now. :?

It could be worse. I know someone repinning pins from ZooZoo's Pinterest :whistle:

I find it confusing the way the blog posts are jumping around from wedding to conferences. Are you guys only seeing wedding pics on the blog or is there a seperate wedding site I have missed? Conference, conference, blah blah. Who cares Sarah! Give us the courtship/wedding info!

christophermaxwell.com/weddings/joseph-elissa/index.html

One thing that is sorta off topic: why do so many fundie bridesmaids wear the same type of bridesmaid dress? So many of them are the same short sleeve, same neckline, same skirt design. The the only variation is color and maybe something at the waist (like in the Maxwell wedding) or something on the skirt (thinking the inverted pleat with contrasting color at Josh and Anna's wedding) But it's always the same dress! Yeah, I know it's modesty, but this certainly isn't the only modest design out there!

That said, I did like the sashes on the bridesmaid's dresses here and Elissa's dress was quite stunning.

I finished looking at the wedding album and I do have to say the very last photo (in the garden) is a very pretty one. I hope they actually took more pics of her family than what is on Chris's page.

I really want to hear what Joe and Elissa sang together. Come on Steve, throw us a bone.

One thing that is sorta off topic: why do so many fundie bridesmaids wear the same type of bridesmaid dress? So many of them are the same short sleeve, same neckline, same skirt design. The the only variation is color and maybe something at the waist (like in the Maxwell wedding) or something on the skirt (thinking the inverted pleat with contrasting color at Josh and Anna's wedding) But it's always the same dress! Yeah, I know it's modesty, but this certainly isn't the only modest design out there!

That said, I did like the sashes on the bridesmaid's dresses here and Elissa's dress was quite stunning.

I think a lot of them make their bridesmaid dresses and that seems like an easy pattern for someone who's only sewn prairie dresses. For those who buy them, it's in a pain in the butt finding modest and affordable dresses.

He still has no dress standards for the blokes though- arseless chaps are still A-okay.

This made me laugh out loud. All I could think of was Joseph & his groomsmen, dancing up the aisle in arseless chaps, maybe to a catchy tune like "I Got Spurs That Jingle, Jangle, Jingle."

Elissa's dress was really nice and she did look very pretty. I would personally hate to not wear makeup on my wedding day, but then I'm not fundie, and some people can pull off the no-makeup look. Elissa is one of them!

The visible hems on the bridesmaid dresses made me cringe.

Archived