IGNORED

Lori and Storage Sociopath = A match made in heaven

I have to take it all with a grain of salt. I have learned that sometimes what a therapist tells someone, and what they actually hear sometimes get completely scrambled.

The comments made me sad. I gave up all my dreams becuase God has a plan for me!= I don't want to take any responsibility for my life and happiness.

My mom got me that book as I was going through a divorce. It was called something like holiness over happiness. Despite being the "wronged" one in the relationship I was told to just be a good christian and pray for reconciliation because that's all that matters. I had Christian friends tell me the same thing. That lasted about 6 months before I gave up on that, which vastly improved my mental health.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My husband does the housework and cooking because I'm not able to. I was an only child and my own children are adults so there are no passel of children in either case (or weird fundie beliefs), but your post made me wonder what would happen if the wife could no longer be a helpmeet (ie: do everything for the husband, plus take care of the kids/house/cook etc).

I believe the accepted practice is to drive to the beach with boxes and boxes of copies of "incorrect" editions of the Bible- non-KJV, in most cases. On the beach they gather driftwood while praying. They use the small pieces to light a blessed fire, and as the sun begins to set they continue to pray while lashing the raft of wood and errant satan-bibles together. Blessed ribbon is available for this purpose at your local Family Christian, but in thriftier fundie families it's considered better for the woman to cut up her used clothing once it's too worn to mend and save it in a box for this purpose. Once the raft is created, the family ties the woman to the raft with the rest of the ribbon/strips, and as the sun hits the horizon they shove her off into the sea.

What they do from there varies a little from denomination to denomination- for Zsu, PP will probably use a rifle with a blessing bullet. Other churches light an arrow with the Building Fire and use it to set fire to the raft. Still others just walk away and let God/nature judge her.

She is dead to them from this moment on, even if she should somehow return to her family she will be treated as a ghost.

Using this as a method of divorce is only recommended for strong swimmers from non-shooting denominations, or wives of husbands with lousy aim.

Oh and also, herecomestheLIGHT (perhaps a CM sock) commented on the joyfilledabusee's post with some WOT that makes little to no sense.

He just misses having his own space in which to pontificate.

He just misses having his own space in which to pontificate.

At first I was really convinced it was CM and now I'm not sure. He's capitalizing and using words and punctuation I never saw CM use. I'm not sure right now.

Believing someone else's criticism about someone is slander.

This is funny because the dictionary doesn't think so:

noun: the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

verb: make false and damaging statements about (someone).

Lori, you don't get to be the thought police. People can think (or believe) anything they want. It's funny how you go on and ON about your freedom of speech, but it seems like YOU are the only one who has it. And this isn't even speech! It's BELIEF! Someone's private thoughts, and you're yammering on about it being slander.

As for her post today, someone apparently wrote a negative blog post about the Pearls, then Lori spoke up and won this anonymous writer over, and the writer apologized profusely to Lori and is now a devoted Lori leg-humper who is "always learning" from her. And then Lori plagiarized her because while it's not ok for people to have personal, private thoughts about things, it is TOTES ok for Lori to steal other people's work and post it on her blog.

I don't know why I read the title of the blog post and thought we would hear about how Lori deals with rebuke. I guess "I hit delete" and "I am always right and I am the only one who gets to rebuke others." wouldn't make for a long blog post.

Give instruction to a wise man and he will be still wiser,

Teach a righteous man and he will increase his learning.

Since Lori refuses to budge on anything and refuses to listen to stories of others that don't match with her preconceived ideas we can learn from the Bible that she is not wise or righteous. Ken, if you want to debate this issue, I dare you to find an instance where Lori has listened to the rebukes of others and changed her mind.

It makes me sick to see her defending the Pearls.

I really try to get along with all people, even if we disagree on many issues. Political, social and religious issues are not deal breakers for me, even if we disagree. But if somebody abuses a child, or defends the abuse of a child, there is NO WAY in my mind that you are a good person. Many of us have talked about instances where we were too harsh with our kids, and how we regret those times. But when you continually abuse your kids, write books about how to do so and offer suggestions on the tools to use to do so, YOU ARE A DISGUSTING PERSON. If you proudly defend a person who abuses a child, if you show no remorse from abusive behavior in your past, if you encourage, and label as "godly", a person who abuses a child, YOU ARE A DESPICABLE PERSON.

If you devote an entire blog post to ridiculously praising a woman who encourages others to beat an infant, you have no redeeming qualities, in my opinion. If you crawl naked across broken glass to feed hungry lepers but still abuse a child, you belong in Hell.

To sum up: Ken and Lori, I don't give a ripe fig if you have four grown children who walk in truth. I don't care how many marriages you've "saved," your endorsement of the Pearls and the way they treat children says everything I need to know about the kind of people you are.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I replied to her after one of her posts about not playing with kids...

That bitch never played with her kids and never cleaned her house either! She had a nanny and a housekeeper. Fucking lying-ass bitch.

My mom did not have a nanny or a housekeeper even though my dad made a decent income working a regular job that required a bit of traveling and having a home business (two jobs-suck it, Ken!). However, my mom did manage to keep the house reasonably clean (not perfect, but not hoarders' territory, either). She cooked, did the laundry, gardened a bit, sewed a lot of her kids clothing, helped with the homework, volunteered when she could, went to church, supported my dad's home business and still managed to have girl time with her besties.

And though she was hardly a helicopter mom and she trusted me and my sister could entertain ourselves, she also played with us at times. I have some awesome memories of my mom playing Barbies with us, reading books to us, playing outside with us, taking us to the pool, doing crafts,etc.

My mom (an ebil Catholic with moderate political views) probably did more in a month than Lori ever did in a fucking year!

Lori is not a loving mother and she admits it. She lets her babies cry themselves to sleep. She doesn't believe in excessively holding them. She made her kids spend two hours a day in their rooms so she could have alone time. All the while she had no job, but she had a nanny dealing with the kids and a housekeeper dealing with the housework. She admits she didnt play with her kids. Oh and she beat them and gave them body issues and eating disorders by calling them fat. What, exactly, is she proud of?? She views sex with her husband as an unenjoyable duty. She is rich but tells people to live in poverty. Women who work are evil except her two daughters who work. Why anyone would take her seriously is beyond me.

Lori is not a loving mother and she admits it. She lets her babies cry themselves to sleep. She doesn't believe in excessively holding them. She made her kids spend two hours a day in their rooms so she could have alone time. All the while she had no job, but she had a nanny dealing with the kids and a housekeeper dealing with the housework. She admits she didnt play with her kids. Oh and she beat them and gave them body issues and eating disorders by calling them fat. What, exactly, is she proud of?? She views sex with her husband as an unenjoyable duty. She is rich but tells people to live in poverty. Women who work are evil except her two daughters who work. Why anyone would take her seriously is beyond me.

Oh donchaknow...she's a paragon of Christian womanly virtue...and any woman who wants to be another paragon of virtue must do exactly as she did...without the housekeeper and nanny...now, heaven forbid you nurse your children, snuggle them, play with them, rock them to sleep, not beat them, and love them just as the creator made them...if you do that, you are not a "good mother". And if you willingly drop your drawers to do the nasty with the old man just as often as possible (or maybe respecting that one or the other is not in the mood), you're either a shameless hussy or a non-submissive wife.

Lori - we're on to you...we know you're a hypocritical lying sack of shit...

I love these fundie hubbies who go on about their willingness to lay down their lives for their wives. How often does a man actually find himself having to do this in real life? I'd say it works out to approximately never.

I'd quickly swap one of these heroes-in-his-own-mind for one who picks up after himself and knows what a vacuum cleaner, dishwasher, and washing machine is for.

I love these fundie hubbies who go on about their willingness to lay down their lives for their wives. How often does a man actually find himself having to do this in real life? I'd say it works out to approximately never.

I'd quickly swap one of these heroes-in-his-own-mind for one who picks up after himself and knows what a vacuum cleaner, dishwasher, and washing machine is for.

I got one of those!!! He does all the laundry, occasional dishes, vacuums and even cooks! He's also busting his ass today to get our shit in storage before I leave for my new job on Friday...have I mentioned that he's tall and cute too???

My husband and I might be heading towards hell but at least we like each other and we aren't miserable. Lori gets to spend her life with a man she was not attracted to and when asked if she loves him has to ignore the question and then she gets to go spend an eternity with him after they die. Lori is the type who will find things to complain about in heaven.

I re-read today's post. I'm completely blown away that there are women out there who read Debi Pearl and are NOT horrified. It's so overtly awful that you can't possibly miss its depravity. Does lori really not see how it reads like an abused women's manual?

Its really sad that even though they have been married for so long, Lori can not honestly say that she loves Ken. Does he know of this and stay with her anyway just because he doesn't believe in divorce, or is he in denial. After all, he is the guy who defended her for sabotaging their birth control and getting pregnant.

Its really sad that even though they have been married for so long, Lori can not honestly say that she loves Ken. Does he know of this and stay with her anyway just because he doesn't believe in divorce, or is he in denial. After all, he is the guy who defended her for sabotaging their birth control and getting pregnant.

While Ken was slumming in here, I once said that the person who loves the least had the most power in a relationship, and thus Lori had the most power. I actually felt sort of mean, later, for saying it, but Ken seemed to agree/acknowledge it.

Remember, Ken lives in a community property state. IF he travels enough, he doesn't have to put up with her on a day to day basis--as we've noted, there is zero reason for her not to travel with him, if he wanted her to do so. Are any of their parents still alive? If his missionary parents are still alive he may be loathe to have a "failed" marriage--as old as he is, I've seen this scenario before. And, they both have a lot of ego / self worth tied up in the "miserable but godly marriage role model" personae they have developed.

The upside of Ken being married to a woman who doesn't like him is that neither of them is free to prey upon new victims/mates.

I re-read today's post. I'm completely blown away that there are women out there who read Debi Pearl and are NOT horrified. It's so overtly awful that you can't possibly miss its depravity. Does lori really not see how it reads like an abused women's manual?

No. Abusers rarely if ever see the truth about themselves. Or if they do, they deny it.

I remember in one of her posts that was written months ago about the Pearls, she was talking about the misrepresentations of the Pearls and how they are misquoted. Someone in the comments said something like "on page 68 is says..(some horrible abusive thing)" and Lori responded that it doesn't say that in her book. So, even if you give her exact quotes and the page number she still refuses to see what the Pearls are and just closes her mind. She's a lost hope.

If that is true (which it's not, but let's live in Lori's reality for a few minutes /shudder), then isn't Lori guilty of slander (libel) against working women, feminists, day care workers, just about everyone that doesn't live her exact way (which she doesn't even live)?

My husband and I might be heading towards hell but at least we like each other and we aren't miserable. Lori gets to spend her life with a man she was not attracted to and when asked if she loves him has to ignore the question and then she gets to go spend an eternity with him after they die. Lori is the type who will find things to complain about in heaven.

Their marriage is a biblical concept or model

An evangelical soap as it were.

Their marriage is a biblical concept or model

An evangelical soap as it were.

There you are! I noticed the other day I hadn't seen you posting in a while :)

Again, I will say that these guys who come up with x number of times a week requirements for sex must be for shit in the sack. If they were any good, they'd not have some "no fewer than" requirement and would be having plenty of mutually satisfying sex without demanding it.

Yes,I think I would need some good lube and a sack to put over his head for sex with him! ick!

Archived