IGNORED

Shraders in Zambia - Welcome to Poisonwood, Stephen- Part 3

happy atheist

Oh, John made a funny about the changes God recently made in his life. How can God's perfect plan cause him to have the need to get his mind off of (what he now calls) a very serous situation? God made it clear that everything was for the best.

So, all of that scripture in his last post was because some people have a problem with his position on repentance, I guess. He says "our position" and I will assume by that he means his and Esther's but I think we can be pretty sure that his is the only position that counts.

I wonder if his reference to Baloney was meant to have significance as well? In any case, it looks like the shit has really hit the fan.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When ( not if) he has to leave Zambia I wonder who will benefit from all his new super duper household gadgets?

Will he( he will) pack them all into a container and ship them back to America?

Place bets here! :roll:

He's now asking for old iPhones laptops etc for his ministry. Claiming to help people set up their own businesses.

What training does he have in this? There are already many very very experienced organisations that do this. I don't know how John can help, he's not a stellar example of a successful businessman. Not being a job type person.

Knowing John what has happened is he got tired with the printing ministry, the church planting ministry, the trying to convert souls ministry, and he can't get his plane, so he has a new project. He has grand plans I'm sure, but like everything else it will amount to nothing. By the time he collects stuff and ships it over there he will be bored with the idea. He will probably end up selling anything he gets to pay his bills as his funds continue to dry up.

He's now asking for old iPhones laptops etc for his ministry. Claiming to help people set up their own businesses.

What training does he have in this? There are already many very very experienced organisations that do this. I don't know how John can help, he's not a stellar example of a successful businessman. Not being a job type person.

Well, that's VERY generous of him but I wonder if he has thought to check with customs about used phones and computers. In the country I live in you can only bring in used phones and computers for your own personal use. New items like that are taxed at a very high rate. Hè would not succeed in getting a box of used cell phones and computers into Mexico but maybe Zambia is different.

Yikes, Salex! Could you "Spoiler" those pictures of meat rather than Hide them for Members Only. They almost made me barf and I have a pretty high threshold for gross stuff!

Also, I totally love (love!) the copies from John's FB, but is it within the TOS as his FB is set to private? I thought we were meant to paraphrase only and wouldn't want you to get into hot water.

John's cultural insensitivity and general idiocy continues. I can't wait until he gets the boot from Zambia.

Sorry I thought the warning I added would be enough and I thought hidden meant even members had to click to see it. :embarrassed:

I'm not sure he's on private with his facebook. All I did was click "follow" to follow him... does that mean it is private?

I can't edit it, but if it needs it, would one of the mods please do so (sorry for the trouble) And I'd love a clarification on if a facebook that anyone can follow is "private". Thanks

I looked at John's father's page for the first time today. He posted this a few days ago:

"Also, all you out there that pray are a true blessing. Please pray for John and Esther in Zambia. Satan is surely fighting this special missionary team."

Satan is fighting John. We must pray that things get easier for him.

See when bad things happen to other people it is God punishing them for being wicked. When bad things happen to fundies it is Satan attacking them because they are so godly. :roll:

See when bad things happen to other people it is God punishing them for being wicked. When bad things happen to fundies it is Satan attacking them because they are so godly. :roll:

No it is their BAD KARMA

So we were on a long drive today and I was telling my husband about John.

He said was I sure this guy wasn't just one big con artist getting money etc and using it for himself.

I said I didn't but could see why he would think that.

Maybe in a way he is a con artist but not in the traditional sense?

Sorry I thought the warning I added would be enough and I thought hidden meant even members had to click to see it. :embarrassed:

I'm not sure he's on private with his facebook. All I did was click "follow" to follow him... does that mean it is private?

I can't edit it, but if it needs it, would one of the mods please do so (sorry for the trouble) And I'd love a clarification on if a facebook that anyone can follow is "private". Thanks

No problem on the meat pics. I may have been the only person grossed out and I'm still working out the spoiler, hidden and OT buttons myself.

And whoo hooo! It looks like Shrader changed his settings on FB. He was in lockdown mode for a while there but perhaps it limited his fundraising too much. I'm rubbish with FB but think I just followed him myself. :D

Yes, a clarification from a mod would be good, but I think we are fine with C&Ps as he is no longer set to private. Yay!

When ( not if) he has to leave Zambia I wonder who will benefit from all his new super duper household gadgets?

Will he( he will) pack them all into a container and ship them back to America?

Place bets here! :roll:

Oooh! ::Waves hand in air::

My bet:

1. John will post on FB that sadly he has to leave Zambia for health reasons and Satan, but God has miraculously provided another missionary to Zambia who needs the Troupie, printing stuff and appliances. As the donors intended the contributions for mission use he's sure they will be OK with that.

2. Voddie Baucham will update his followers that God has miraculously provided an opportunity for him to buy a second-hand Troupie big enough for his whole family, printing equipment, washer, fridge and freezer from a missionary returning to the USA. Even though they are second-hand, so frugal of him, they still cost a massive amount of money because Zambia. Send him $$$$.

3. They'll work out a deal and John will have enough cash in hand to rent a shack somewhere in the boondocks USA for the family and set up his next small business venture. I suggest he focuses on making soccer balls out of recycled plastic bags. That is the only real talent other than grifting I've seen him demonstrate yet.

4. Rea will keep the plane he doesn't know how to fly.

Yes!

I was just thinking the same thing and send a message to the mods!!!

I want to edit that last post so so so so badly. I could make him sound like less of a doof, for one thing, and for another...

The writing style... The grammar... Must... Go.... Read... Something.... Intelligent sounding.... Before..... I.... Dkshrjskrhejs

Well, this is interesting. Just went to the JohnEsterShrader/Team Zambia facebook page. Nothing new (public?) since October, but there is a picture of Arcade and John. Turns out, Arcade studied at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas. Huntsville is 90 miles from Katy, Texas, where (presumably) John grew up or at least where John's father's church is now (I think). So John goes halfway around the world, and one of his first converts attended university in Texas. Has John ever addressed this in any of his facebook/newsletter posts?

Well, this is interesting. Just went to the JohnEsterShrader/Team Zambia facebook page. Nothing new (public?) since October, but there is a picture of Arcade and John. Turns out, Arcade studied at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas. Huntsville is 90 miles from Katy, Texas, where (presumably) John grew up or at least where John's father's church is now (I think). So John goes halfway around the world, and one of his first converts attended university in Texas. Has John ever addressed this in any of his facebook/newsletter posts?

Huh. That is strange. I don't think John has ever mentioned it. Has John converted anyone besides Arcade?

So Arcade is a plant huh? The plot thickens!

Wait just a gosh darn minute! On Arcade's FB page -- the From: section lists KATY

Link to Arcade's FB page here

Also: Former A etudie a Houston university at Zambia

Wait just a gosh darn minute! On Arcade's FB page -- the From: section lists KATY

Link to Arcade's FB page here

Also: Former A etudie a Houston university at Zambia

This could be why John's original sending church dropped him like a hot potato. This is a dumb question but could John's supporters sue him and Arcade for defrauding them?

I can't find a Houston University in Zambia. Arcade may have just messed up when editing his "about" section.

ETA: Perhaps I'm confusing him with Arnaud. Looking for Arnaud's FB now. Quick edits below to clarify.

This came up before but a very quick search of old threads didn't turn up the posts. So from memory only, we first sighted Arnaud on John's FB. John friended Arcade several weeks/months later. Arcade's (or Arnaud) FB originally had Bujumbura as his home town but was "studying at Sam Houston U" and "living in Katy, TX." We hypothesized then that Arcade/Arnaud was a plant.

To be fair, it is also very possible that John's leg humpers paid for Arcade and or Arnaud to go to Texas on a student visa (and registered him for a course at a legitimate college to get that visa) for a few months so John could disciple him.

If Arcade's story is on the level, when (not if) John's mission crumbles, he is the person I feel most sorry for. The poor kid supposedly has no family, relocated to Zambia from Burundi to be discipled by John, and will be up shit creek when John leaves. It is unclear who paid for his travel to Zambia, and even more unclear how he is supporting himself in Zambia, but I doubt John is helping him financially.

David Rea will probably balk at Arcade because he has been taught false doctrine by John the apostate. So poor Arcade will either have to "convert" all over again to Rea's standards, find another preacher to study with, or schlep himself back to Burundi to find a new job.

So poor Arcade. Unless he is absolutely a plant from Katy, TX and that would be fraud.

Either way, shame on Shrader.

I can't find a Houston University in Zambia. Arcade may have just messed up when editing his "about" section.

This came up before but a very quick search of old threads didn't turn up the posts. So from memory only, we first sighted Arnaud on John's FB. John friended Arcade several weeks/months later. Arcade's FB originally had Bujumbura as his home town but was "studying at Sam Houston U" and "living in Katy, TX." We hypothesized then that Arcade was a plant.

To be fair, it is also very possible that John's leg humpers paid for Arcade to go to Texas on a student visa (and registered him for a course at a legitimate college to get that visa) for a few months so John could disciple him.

If Arcade's story is on the level, when (not if) John's mission crumbles, he is the person I feel most sorry for. The poor kid supposedly has no family, relocated to Zambia from Burundi to be discipled by John, and will be up shit creek when John leaves. It is unclear who paid for his travel to Zambia, and even more unclear how he is supporting himself in Zambia, but I doubt John is helping him financially.

David Rea will probably balk at Arcade because he has been taught false doctrine by John the apostate. So poor Arcade will either have to "convert" all over again to Rea's standards, find another preacher to study with, or schlep himself back to Burundi to find a new job.

So poor Arcade. Unless he is absolutely a plant from Katy, TX and that would be fraud.

Either way, shame on Shrader.

Up until now I didn't even know Arcade's last name is Niyomwungere. All I remembered is Arcade was a kid John met in Burundi. Who is Arnaud and how does he figure into this, I don't remember.

Arnaud and Eddy were John's other two "converts" in Burundi. Again, IIRC, Arnaud was reasonably well off. His mother cooked Shrader and Rea a massive dinner and Arnaud paid for a lot of taxi rides. Eddy was the one with a wife and children, and Arcade was the orphan.

I haven't found Arnaud on FB yet and need to stop looking soon because I'm going out. I can't remember his last name, damn it. If you want to look, he's a very spiffy dresser, his FB precedes meeting Shrader, he has a surprisingly liberal taste in books and movies for a John-type convert, and had a lot of photos of himself with very pretty girls. :)

ETA. Old thread on Burundi trip. Eddy and Arnaud info w/ comment on Arnaud having FB. I'll have to try to find Arnaud's last name and FB later. I definitely remember seeing it before though. viewtopic.php?f=132&t=18333&start=100

Archived