IGNORED

Shraders in Zambia - Welcome to Poisonwood, Stephen- Part 3

happy atheist

Arnaud and Eddy were John's other two "converts" in Burundi. Again, IIRC, Arnaud was reasonably well off. His mother cooked Shrader and Rea a massive dinner and Arnaud paid for a lot of taxi rides. Eddy was the one with a wife and children, and Arcade was the orphan.

I haven't found Arnaud on FB yet and need to stop looking soon because I'm going out. I can't remember his last name, damn it. If you want to look, he's a very spiffy dresser, his FB precedes meeting Shrader, he has a surprisingly liberal taste in books and movies for a John-type convert, and had a lot of photos of himself with very pretty girls. :)

This must be him. He is FB friends with John

https://www.facebook.com/arnaudderrick. ... ts&fref=ts

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just popped in to say that reading this thread with the film version of Flannery O'Connor's Wise Blood on in the background (TCM is showing it right now) is a surreal experience.

The book and film are filled with men rattling off lots of verbiage, that sounds like good ol' Southern preachin', with very little sense, substance or Bible.

Just like John!

I think The Holy Church of Christ Without Christ may be right up John's alley.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080140/

https://books.google.com/books?id=hYAWf ... od&f=false

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wise_Blood

Thank you! Yes, that's him. Now did the conversion stick? :mrgreen:

I don't know, when was he " converted" ? He was posting for Jesus in 2011. Not sure what it says exactly, but it mentions Jesus on the cross.

Arnaud Derrick De Bergerac

September 19, 2011 ·

Chacun de nos choix est une graine que nous semons et qui produit du fruit dans notre vie – fruit de vie ou fruit de mort. Si nous voulons avoir la vie que Jésus nous a acquise à la croix – une vie abondante de paix et de joie profondes – nous devons faire des choix sages.

Isn't Esther usually pregnant again by now? Any chance that she's disgusted with John, too? We can only hope.

She had Stephen in Sept, Sophia was born in March '13, her kids are usually spaced out at 18 months, so the next one should be born around March '16 which means she should be concieving this late spring/early summer.

I don't know, when was he " converted" ? He was posting for Jesus in 2011. Not sure what it says exactly, but it mentions Jesus on the cross.

Arnaud Derrick De Bergerac

September 19, 2011 ·

Chacun de nos choix est une graine que nous semons et qui produit du fruit dans notre vie – fruit de vie ou fruit de mort. Si nous voulons avoir la vie que Jésus nous a acquise à la croix – une vie abondante de paix et de joie profondes – nous devons faire des choix sages.

Very quickly. Like Zambia, Burundi is a predominantly Christian country. Eddy and Arnaud belonged to a "false" church before they met the TeamZambia dolts. Rea and Shrader "converted" them to true Christianity and patted themselves on the back at length for stealing them away from the other Pastor's heresy.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Mr P. is pointing to the time. I have to run. :animals-dogrun:

I can't believe that John was trying to pass off Eddy and Arnaud as being dirt poor, what with all of their "sacrificing" and "giving out of their poverty" to buy John soft drinks and pay for a taxi. Arnaud appears to be quite affluent even with no evidence of employment and Eddie is educated and employed in a bank. They are no where even close to being impoverished . John is so full of shit. He is truly not someone to be believed. I don't see how John can say he converted them since they were both Christians. John practically squealed with delight when he gave the account Arnaud told him about his discontent with the pastor at his church. Arnaud appears to still be a christian but definitely not Fundy, which is what John is surely aiming for. They look like normal Christians to me, have diverse interests and there are no modestly dressed women hanging around waiting for orders from their headships.

John wrote:

"What a blessing it was to meet with both of these men (Eddy in the morning and Arnaud in the evening) and see that it is not their lack of desire or hunger for the Word of God that has kept us apart. We dealt with some very serious issues with Eddy in the morning, and it was wonderful to see him receive the Word of God, and then had a sweet Bible study at Arnaud's house again in the evening. Again these precious people bought US soft drinks and THEY paid for our taxi home as they did last week! Truly they are sacrificing, and ministering unto us in these "carnal" things as we minister unto them in the spiritual (Rom. 15:27). It is so precious to see them give out of their poverty just as the churches of Macedonia did (II Cor. 8:1, 2)."

My Saturday night has just become a whole lot more interesting!

(Television is always bad during the winter)

This just cannot be true??!! :o

:popcorn2:

It is sad that John didn't think to pay for his own taxi home, also as a visitor surely he should have taken the soft drinks with him to the house as a gift for his hosts? That is a common curtesy all in a lot of countries especially as a return visitor.

Johns lack of social skills must be noticed by Esther.

Anna and Priscilla both seem polite girls.

Mr Keller certainly had his potential husband radar switched off when he gave John the thumbs up. :?

One other thing. In order for an international student to get a visa to study in the US, s/he has to to show that there are funds available to pay tuition and cover costs of books, housing, food and other expenses over the course of the year. Currently at Sam Houston State University, this cost is estimated at between $32,000 and $33,000/year, with tuition accounting for almost $20,000 of that. This amount has climbed maybe $8,000 in the last 10 years and does not include the costs of traveling from the home country to the US and back.

I would guess that if Arcade did study at the college level in Texas, there was some type of sponsorship program or other type of support that covered these costs.

I also googled to see if Sam Houston State University had some kind of extension campus or program, remote learning or SOMETHING in Zambia or Burundi and came up with zip.

Anyway, what is the name of John's father and what is the name of his church in Katy? I want to check that web site and see if they sponsor African students.

Anyone up for a drinking game? Bottoms up for every time John uses the word "precious". He just makes me want to drink something -- even though I don't use alcohol. Chocolate whey protein with whole milk sounds good. Think I'll chug some now.

No problem on the meat pics. I may have been the only person grossed out and I'm still working out the spoiler, hidden and OT buttons myself.

And whoo hooo! It looks like Shrader changed his settings on FB. He was in lockdown mode for a while there but perhaps it limited his fundraising too much. I'm rubbish with FB but think I just followed him myself. :D

Yes, a clarification from a mod would be good, but I think we are fine with C&Ps as he is no longer set to private. Yay!

!  {TEXT1}:
It's fine to quote a non-private facebook page. If you have to be friends to see the page, then it can not be quoted here, but it can be paraphrased.

See when bad things happen to other people it is God punishing them for being wicked. When bad things happen to fundies it is Satan attacking them because they are so godly. :roll:

I meant to say the same thing in another topic (Zsu and PP) now that they are being persecuted for their godliness. Mind if I paraphrase you later on?

Ask and ye shall receive.

See! You are not a fun killer! You are a fun maker! :lol: :dance:

John is very rude. It is not polite in any country I have ever visited to expect your host to pay for your taxi fare home.

He should also have taken the soft drinks with him as a gift to his host.

Mr Keller certainly had his perfect husband finding radar switched off when he gave John the thumbs up to marry Esther.

Sorry if this is a repeat post, the original seems to have disappeared

It was very kind of John's host to pay for his Taxi and provide refreshments. I don't see any mention of John asking for them or expecting them to pay the Taxi. It doesn't seem to be any big deal to me. Arnaud is not impoverished like the Macedonian Churches. He was probably just being a good and kind host. John would have you think that he had to go out and sell his goat to be able to give him a soda. He is exaggerating the circumstances in order to show the folks back home how much the poor people of Africa adore him. Here is the verse he cited along with the story.

2 Corinthians 8:1-5New International Version (NIV)

The Collection for the Lord’s People

8 And now, brothers and sisters, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. 2 In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 3 For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, 4 they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the Lord’s people. 5 And they exceeded our expectations: They gave themselves first of all to the Lord, and then by the will of God also to us.

I know, not KJV, sorry John. And I copied the entire verse just to show what a Jerk you are.

OK. I have to admit that I'm sometimes amazed by how good my memory is on Shrader. And how bad it is! And how obsessive I can be on minor details.

How good is my memory? viewtopic.php?f=132&t=18815&start=440

Re: Burden to Burundi, Zealous for Zambia

PostAuthor: snickerz » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:06 pm

Hold on a second...John was claiming Arcade as someone he converted in Africa, right? He's FB friends with Arcade Niyonwungere, whose profile says he's from Katy, Texas, and studied at Sam Houston State University. Methinks his "convert" was already converted long ago... John, lying is a sin. :naughty:

Not Arnaud (I was wrong about that, sorry for the confusion) but most certainly Arcade.

How bad is my memory? Having scrolled on a page or 3 -- I really can't see any discussion on FJ about Arcade being a plant. So I probably had that discussion with me, myself and I. My belated apologies, Snickerz. Fantastic pick up. I'm so sorry I failed to acknowledge it at the time.

And in all this obsessive searching of old threads for the Arcade/Arnaud trivia ...

I have to say that I am bowled over by the intelligence, knowledge, perceptions, and freaking brilliance of so many FJ posters. Thank you all. We may not have been right on all minor details but we were so damn close.

Those old threads are well worth reading or re-reading.

Mitz and Gobsmacked? Do I need to ready the rescue ferrets? It looks like you are already down that old thread rabbit hole.

And another high five to Sharon Bailgoat and her contributions to John's FB page. She originated the phrase Supreme Butthole of the Universe TM for John Shrader. Love it!

I meant to say the same thing in another topic (Zsu and PP) now that they are being persecuted for their godliness. Mind if I paraphrase you later on?

Sure!

Since Arnaud appears to be fairly well off, I don't think it is that bad that he paid for the taxi and bought John soda to drink. John clearly didn't want people to realize that the people he was hanging out with weren't living in huts on the brink of starvation. I'm not really sure why he wanted people to think that he took money to buy "carnal" things from people who couldn't afford to give him that money, but that was apparently the image he was going for.

I don't remember Arcade being discussed as a plant! How did I miss that?! John is actually getting to be more interesting than the Poisonwood Bible. What crazy shenanigans is he going to get up to next? :popcorn2:

I'm nut sure if it's a strong word or not but he's a typical parasite that uses religion, his family and being a missionary as means to live off of other people's donations and never to have to reenter the workforce again.

The word "work", to him is like the aroma of the burning myrrh to the devil.

As to him acting like a leech to his host is absolutely not surprising. He is convinced that other people out there exist and work and sweat to make sure he'll get everything he needs and that he owns them nothing in return, no matter what sacrifices they make.

As to him showing up with no little gifts or tokens whatsoever, the Cantonese people have a byword for that: bringing a "bunch of bananas", referring to the human hand with the five fingers. It's considered really rude (I guess in most cultures). It's like he doesn't even feel like he's a guest and he doesn't care what sacrifices the hosts made. He just walks in casually, in a "hey, wassup, what's for dinner" kind of manner. He is so rude and so very pathetic.

Sure!

Since Arnaud appears to be fairly well off, I don't think it is that bad that he paid for the taxi and bought John soda to drink. John clearly didn't want people to realize that the people he was hanging out with weren't living in huts on the brink of starvation. I'm not really sure why he wanted people to think that he took money to buy "carnal" things from people who couldn't afford to give him that money, but that was apparently the image he was going for.

I don't remember Arcade being discussed as a plant! How did I miss that?! John is actually getting to be more interesting than the Poisonwood Bible. What crazy shenanigans is he going to get up to next? :popcorn2:

You didn't miss that conversation about Arcade being a plant, Palimpsest now believes that was a conversation she had with herself. It kinda worries me that I find that totally understandable.

Thank you , Palimpsest , for offering to send the rescue Ferrets for me but I made it out o.k...

Archived