IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect - "Gayby" on Board

happy atheist

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder what Lauren does for diapers. I was thinking about it for some reason, and I cant think of how she must have done it. I cant see her using disposable ones, she is too sparkly and special, but she is too lazy to do elimination communication, cause you have to really know your baby's cues well to not get poop everywhere, and I don't think Lauren even knows or cares where at least half of her kids are at any moment in time. Also what would she do to wash cloth diapers in a sanitary way while living in a bus. Just sooooo much to wash, and I don't think laundry is a concept that Lauren knows well, as the whole family looks like they smell. I would hate to live in a bus with so many unwashed bodies. Ew.

She definitely used disoposables for Delaney and Calista- lots of photos of them. It doesn't look like Lauren does any laundry unless they are at "friends" houses. The girls do change clothes pretty regularly but Lauren wears the same outfit for days on end. Oh, and they have a chemical potty in the bus. Can't imagine it smells too sweet in there, but on the other hand they'll be well used to it by now.

I wonder what's going to happen when in the next year or so, Aisha starts wanting privacy?

I think that as soon as one of the girls starts showing signs of opposing Sparkles she will cease to be seen by her Un-mother as an easily manipulated satellite of the Sparkly one (narcissism rules remember) and will be shipped of forthwith to an auntie. There must be one member of the extended family who would take her in. Either that or she will be shunted around rainbow friends.

I think that as soon as one of the girls starts showing signs of opposing Sparkles she will cease to be seen by her Un-mother as an easily manipulated satellite of the Sparkly one (narcissism rules remember) and will be shipped of forthwith to an auntie. There must be one member of the extended family who would take her in. Either that or she will be shunted around rainbow friends.

Honestly, being shipped out to an auntie would be a substantial improvement over their current lives.

On Instagram is a picture of Lauren holding a package of whale blubber. She indicates that "this is one reason Iceland hasn't joined the EU.... That they don't want to follow the santio a on whaling" (paraphrased). Really? That doesn't sound like the negative reaction I would have expected from her. Didn't she take Brioni to see all the pictures of violence against killing animals for meat just a few months ago? And here she appears to be ok with whale slaughter. Anyone else think this seems odd?

On Instagram is a picture of Lauren holding a package of whale blubber. She indicates that "this is one reason Iceland hasn't joined the EU.... That they don't want to follow the santio a on whaling" (paraphrased). Really? That doesn't sound like the negative reaction I would have expected from her. Didn't she take Brioni to see all the pictures of violence against killing animals for meat just a few months ago? And here she appears to be ok with whale slaughter. Anyone else think this seems odd?

She probably thinks it's ok because the Icelandic are sparkling, authentic and traditional and all that jazz. Not like the rest of us who eat cows. She's a hippocrit.

IIRC, Lauren wrote that she "does not share the same love for animals that Brioni does", or something along those lines.

I thought everything for Lauren had to go against the flow. Eating cattle is normal in Australia therefore ... Oh the horror! The poor animals! Most of the world is against eating whales therefore ... Oh how exciting! Whale blubber!

The comments on the blubber instagram are hilarious..

what do they use it for?

would love to know what it's for!

geez people, it is EATEN.

Pick me! Pick me! Lightly fry in whale oil. Locals say it is delicious but I understand it is an acquired taste. You aren't suppose to eat it while pregnant, breast feeding or give it to young children as its really high in Mercury.

Guess who is married to a scientist who both brings home a lot of research papers for me to read "because they are interesting" and makes us watch a lot of documentaries?

Pick me! Pick me! Lightly fry in whale oil. Locals say it is delicious but I understand it is an acquired taste. You aren't suppose to eat it while pregnant, breast feeding or give it to young children as its really high in Mercury.

Guess who is married to a scientist who both brings home a lot of research papers for me to read "because they are interesting" and makes us watch a lot of documentaries?

Does it taste lake sharks ?

Just putting out there that here in the US, people can and do go to prison for profiting off black market surrogacy. Illegal surrogacy can be called "human trafficking," also known as selling a human, if someone were to, in theory, sell their child for money. That's illegal in most home countries, most destination countries, and anywhere in between.

That doesn't apply here because Lauren is not getting paid, and is doing this for love. Obviously.

*Like not lake :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Your English is a million times better than my French (or my Any Other Language). Don't be embarrassed!

Your English is a million times better than my French (or my Any Other Language). Don't be embarrassed!

I concur about not being embarrassed.

That being said...

...the idea of lake sharks existing is terrifying! :pink-shock:

I learned from watching Happy Days that there are lake sharks in every lake in Wisconsin. :lol:

I learned from watching Happy Days that there are lake sharks in every lake in Wisconsin. :lol:

And that water skiers like to jump over them? :lol: :roll:

Well, there are sharks in estuaries, which sometimes get closed off to form lakes. Does this count? (We use to get Wobbegongs where we kayaked when I was little and we were a long way from the coast.)

In answer to the question, as I have never eaten whale or shark I have no idea if they taste alike. Lol. Maybe I will ask Lauren...

Muktuk is... an acquired taste. If it's done right it is edible. If it's bad, it's rubbery and fishy.

It's also not recommended, because of pollution.

I know Mercury levels are a major problem in Northern whales. In countries where it's eaten (Iceland, Faerie Islands, Norway) the guide is not while pregnant or breast feeding and not young children.

I am trying to find out whether this applies to southern whales. Japan catches a lot of whales for "research" and the meat is used for school dinners.

Shark tastes like and looks like white fish. I have eaten it once knowingly (while camping) but probably many times unknowingly because it is often in fish and chips here, when you don't know which fish you are eating. It is sometimes listed as 'lemonfish'

Vv

Whale tastes kind of like tuna, and looks like tuna or beef. I have eaten it once (in a sushi bar in Japan) and did not know what it was until I had eaten it. I do not plan to eat it again.

I have no idea what blubber tastes like and no plans to ever find out.

Edit: my school dinners in Japan never involved whale, but I understand that they do in the areas where whaling is (was -I understand it is currently banned but they are fighting to return to it) done.

Shark tastes like and looks like white fish. I have eaten it once knowingly (while camping) but probably many times unknowingly because it is often in fish and chips here, when you don't know which fish you are eating. It is sometimes listed as 'lemonfish'

Vv

Whale tastes kind of like tuna, and looks like tuna or beef. I have eaten it once (in a sushi bar in Japan) and did not know what it was until I had eaten it. I do not plan to eat it again.

I have no idea what blubber tastes like and no plans to ever find out.

Edit: my school dinners in Japan never involved whale, but I understand that they do in the areas where whaling is (was -I understand it is currently banned but they are fighting to return to it) done.

I really like shark. It's very cheap compared to other firm white fillets, and it holds up really well in curries, pies, sauces etc.

If it lived in the water, it's not welcome on my plate. I know the meat in fish and chips is usually shark but the smell makes me heave so I've never tried it. I did eat a fish finger as a child. That may have been shark. I threw up afterwards. I leave the staffroom at work if someone has salmon or tuna for lunch because vomiting at work isn't pretty. I can't even feed my cat food that contains fish.

Despite all this, I would still give whale a try, if the opportunity arose. I suspect I would be sick but sometimes it's worth it to satisfy curiosity.

I know Mercury levels are a major problem in Northern whales. In countries where it's eaten (Iceland, Faerie Islands, Norway) the guide is not while pregnant or breast feeding and not young children.

I am trying to find out whether this applies to southern whales. Japan catches a lot of whales for "research" and the meat is used for school dinners.

I would think the concentrates would be worse in southern whales. Although I'm not 100% on whale migration. AFAIK mukluks is made from bowhead whales. I don't know what other northern peoples call their whale fat dishes or what whales they harvest. Or how far south the whales go before coming back.

I really think you would regret trying it.

Archived