IGNORED

The Kleins- inKLEINation!

nelliebelle1197

how weird

how can this website be so professional and on trend for tech web design when their own website is just a bunch of html text walls

it seems like they are more normal/functioning than they want to seem which is weird itself.

I did a little googling on the conference. It seems legit and has respectable speakers, but it seems small (150 people doesn't even seem like it would cover the costs of a space and speaker fees). They must do something else in the industry that gives them the connections and knowhow to do this. The reviews are positive.

robpeck.com/2013/11/cocoaconf-atlanta-2013-a-review/#.VOvx_VPF_7c

blog.8thlight.com/craig-demyanovich/2012/03/19/great-conference.html

accidentaltechnologist.com/objective-c-2/cocoaconf-dc-2012/

artandlogic.com/blog/2013/03/cocoaconf-dc-13/

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At first it looked like she is wearing a wonderful satin wedding skirt and a cotton top from the mall. Upon closer look, though, it kind of looks like her "under shirt" might be satin as well. Could she have been wearing a sleeveless gown with a blouse thrown over it?

If you look at some of the other pics, their are sleeves under the dress that go down towards her elbows. The bodice is also high going up to the start of her neck.

No, she had on a dress modest by most fundie standards on there. She put on the white cotton shirt to make it even more modest. Can't have any hint of her having a female form.

She's extra special fundie, I guess.

ETA: no, I was wrong about the sleeves. The neckline, though, is right. I bet that is a normal modest dress, though.

It is like they only had the funds for half a dress. :shrug: It might have been better if the bride and groom just wore their "Sunday best". They do look happy though!

The dad's personal blog and twitter

twitter.com/daveklein

dave-klein.blogspot.com/

When fundies are clearly educated themselves but deny their children that education, that is the worst IMO.

I think we talked about their engagement pictures before, but their wedding was recent.

The wedding was in July but parts 2, 3 and 4 of pics were recent.

If you look at some of the other pics, their are sleeves under the dress that go down towards her elbows. The bodice is also high going up to the start of her neck.

No, she had on a dress modest by most fundie standards on there. She put on the white cotton shirt to make it even more modest. Can't have any hint of her having a female form.

She's extra special fundie, I guess.

ETA: no, I was wrong about the sleeves. The neckline, though, is right. I bet that is a normal modest dress, though.

Her family has been in Romania for years converting the 81% Eastern Orthodox population to the right kind of Christian. Yeah, so she she is xtra speshul.

The dad's personal blog and twitter

twitter.com/daveklein

dave-klein.blogspot.com/

When fundies are clearly educated themselves but deny their children that education, that is the worst IMO.

He's really mainstream in his career. I even saw an exchange between him and a female colleague on Twitter. Maybe he fell into the fundie life through his wife.

Time (and obviously money) were short between engagement and wedding, only 40 days:

"On June 2nd, I asked Elizabeth if she would become my wife."

"We are working on getting together the pictures from their wedding day and will hopefully be posting those soon, but first we wanted to share the testimony that Zak and Beth gave at their wedding in Rhinelander, Wisconsin, on July 12."

There was only 1-1/2 months from the time he even broached the subject of he liking her to their engagement too: "Over the next six weeks after Beth and I first talked, God continued to give us many indications of His leading."

That doesn't leave any time to make a dress, and it sure looks so far like their only purchases except for taco salad fixings were from Goodwill. I bet that is where Beth purchased the dress (that she covered with a blouse) from. The blog states pictures are still to come of the reception ("Last post will be photos from the reception!"), so hopefully they spent a little on sweets too.

I thought it was interesting that Beth's vows mirrored Zak's. She did not promise to obey him: "I, Elizabeth, before God and these witnesses, take you, my dear Zachary, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish according to God’s holy and wonderful will. And so I pledge to you my love, and faithfulness, and I give myself to you as your wife."

Definitely a sweet, simple wedding. I like how happy they seem with each other. Why such a hurry though?? I like that they tried to take at least some time to spend time together and get to know each other better during their engagement (definitely more time and proximity than a Maxwell would!): "Patrick Clough and his family, dear friends in St Louis, graciously opened their home to Elizabeth, and she stayed in the area for just over one month. During this time we saw each other almost daily, and spent the majority of our time together in prayer and Bible study as we discussed various issues and possible differences between us."

But goodness, people, that was quick. I hope Zak has a job now. No mention yet of how or where they will live.

Such a very sweet picture of the newlyweds smiling with delirious, goofy joy.

Astoundingly short time line, but sometimes I wonder if these Fundies have the right idea -- getting right down to it and ironing out the important stuff in focused conversation. I can't help but think that this will set the tone for being able to discuss things in the marriage. Any word on the age of the bride and groom?

Best wishes to them now and going forward.

Pastor's daughter, I also noted the omission of "obey" in the vows and was instantly intrigued.

Criminal, IMHO.

Archived