IGNORED

The Kleins- inKLEINation!

nelliebelle1197

I know it's been mentioned many times how much Davey and Priscilla look like siblings, also David's brother and his wife Valerie. But I'm pretty sure in Zak and Beth's engagement photo, if you did a face swap, you could tell absolutely no difference!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That wedding outfit is so out there it's practically haute couture. Seriously, I could totally see it closing one of McQueen's Paris shows. It's so bad, I actually kind of love it.

As for Tracy's blog…oh dear. That's quite a wall of words. tl;dr "I'm out of my fucking mind."

Who IS this woman? She's seriously one of the most delusional fundies I've ever come across and I weep for her daughter's lack of education. I'm currently horrifying my scientist husband with her daughter's science curriculum.

If she didn't have a child, I would find her just hilarious. I have never wished so hard that a person's daughter is actually just a figment of her overheated imagination.

I had an ex who said peeing on your feet was good for athletes foot. Said he learned it in the army.

I've heard it's supposed to soothe stings from jellyfish. I would rather just avoid the jellyfish.

I've heard it's supposed to soothe stings from jellyfish. I would rather just avoid the jellyfish.

They are welcome to live in the mid-1400s with all of that era's attendent delights, I for one welcome the 21 st century with topical analgesics for jellyfish stings and anti-fungals for athlete's foot.

blog.inkleinations.com/search/label/politics?m=1

I love the part about why they don't vote.

Thank the FSM for small favors. Would that more fundies would follow their example!

:) Makes me think of the episode of Friends

Thank the FSM for small favors. Would that more fundies would follow their example!

Our fundie church in Ohio used to despair about the convictions of the Amish who refuse to vote. In some places, like down in Florida, it could make a difference. Nowadays i'm just as glad that they don't vote!

They are welcome to live in the mid-1400s with all of that era's attendent delights, I for one welcome the 21 st century with topical analgesics for jellyfish stings and anti-fungals for athlete's foot.

:laughing-rolling::handgestures-thumbupleft:

Regarding the Jesus is lord lady, I tracked her down with my google fu and I'll make a thread about her when I get on my computer (kids dropped the charger in the dogs water so I have to replace it).

I look forward to your post! Sorry about your charger. :o

It is just the German word for "small," and there are certainly non-Jewish Kleins.

http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=klein

If he converted, though, I want to read the story of his conviction. Must be a lulu.

MTE, there are a lot of Dutch and German Kleins. There is a great movie called Monsieur Klein on this subject. It takes place during the Nazi occupation and is about a German Klein who is mistaken for a Jewish Klein. Thats what this made me think of.

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to decipher the latest post on their blog. The Kleins live in Ferguson, MO-- which surprises me, since most of the STL-area white evangelicals I've ever met are from the lily-white exurbs and are palpably terrified of THOSE parts of the city (for totally non-racist reasons, I swear! :? )

Anyway, I just read their post from about a month ago, which has pictures of an "I <3 FERGUSON" sign in their yard along with about a mile of inscrutable Bible- speak about justice and God's law. I do not have the theological savvy to know what they are trying to say. Any guesses?

Thanks for the info to their blog. I think they r friends w/ Rebekah (his way serves) & family.

Yes. Somewhere out there on the internet is a photo with Rebekah K!1!1!! and Abi in it, they're taking a walk around some St. Louis suburb with a bunch of their siblings (and it looked like they were quite enjoying themselves).

So technology is unholy but a perfectly acceptable way to make a living...good to know.

Of course technology is unholy - it can connect you with other people - other people who might be very far away and live a very different life than you do, and teach you all kinds of interesting stuff. Can't be having that!! :naughty:

As for urine... I remember reading as a kid that in the days of the Roman empire people would brush their teeth with it, because whitening. And apparently, Portuguese urine was said to be the best. Reason for that was just that it came from far away, so had turned more to ammonia. Dunno if that's just an urban legend or what, but pee will make ammonia.

So yeah I guess it's one way to get ammonia. But now? We can get the purified stuff!

• 2 months later...

blog.inkleinations.com/

That is definitely the most modest wedding 'dress' I've ever seen. Most of the men and women are wearing an extra layer to hide the skin that isn't covered by a buttoned up shirt. Is that really an area that needs to be covered?

Oh gosh. I'll try to refrain from commenting on the poor girl's dress (are these people Mennonites?), but all I can think of when I look at these pics is how much those two look like they could be siblings. :shock: There is always something just a little bit unsettling about couples that look like they could have the same parents...

That shirt is an abomination unto good taste. It takes determination and planning to look that awful on your wedding day. I will mnever understand is "modest" about looking that ensemble. It screams "look at me! I am the holiest modest virgin ever!"

At first it looked like she is wearing a wonderful satin wedding skirt and a cotton top from the mall. Upon closer look, though, it kind of looks like her "under shirt" might be satin as well. Could she have been wearing a sleeveless gown with a blouse thrown over it?

This is the weirdest thing ever:

http://cocoaconf.com/

These are the nutty Bible copying instead of actual school Kleins. Except for the tiny bit about the Kleins at the bottom, there doesn't seem to be a whole lotta Jesus or headcovering or creationism or Bible copying or orthopedic shoes at weddings going on. I am flummoxed and Steve Maxwell is JEALOUS.

Oh, yeah, and Beth has on orthopedic shoes with her wedding dress.

Isn't this one of the weddings that Christopher Maxwell photographed recently? I want to know why everyone is in business casual for a wedding? The men look like they just got off of work, and the women look like they finished doing the housekeeping for the day and drove straight there.

Why, oh why would any woman wear a cotton button-down over her wedding dress? Tacky, tacky, tacky. I get it if you don't want to wear an expensive or fancy-looking wedding dress due to religious beliefs. That's fine. However, there are plenty of modest and flattering patterns you can get at the fabric store, and just make the dress out of plain satin, no embellishments. Argh!

I think there is an older thread on this somewhere.

I think we talked about their engagement pictures before, but their wedding was recent.

Archived