IGNORED

Teri Maxwell on Modesty

kpmom

I sort of feel like this is what the Maxwells really want us to look like:

1.jpg

They just can't say it because that would be too much of an association with Islam. Frankly, people like them and some of our other fundies terrify me. I think it's their obvious goal to basically turn America into Saudi Arabia, as far as women's rights go.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even dressed like the woman above or in a full burqa, women would still be doing something wrong. Maybe walking too seductively or something. These are people who are very small and scared inside.

From that lovely article:

We only wear dresses, skirts, or jumpers that are mid-shin or longer. Before I made this change in my way of dressing about ten years ago, I asked Steve whether it was true that men looked differently at a woman dressed in slacks than they would at a woman in a modest dress. He said, Yes. I also noticed this on my daily walks. Once I began walking in a jumper, I was no longer subjected to the hoots and hollers from the uncouth that had been a regular occurrence even though I wore clothes I considered modest. My new walking clothing seemed to raise me to a level of respect.

I think there is a bit of confusion about the word respect in Maxwell land. She wasn't respected when she walked the streets in a frumper, she just became part of the scenery and if she were acknowledged at all by the uncouth passers by, it was no doubt humorous or at least gave the passers by a WTF moment. Respect and not being worthy of an uncouth hoot or holler are entirely different things.

I'm torn as to whether I want the shirt that says "eye trap" or if I should hold out for "stumbling block".

I feel sorry for them that their life is this small and petty - and that they think it's oh-so-full of meaning. What does it matter if a woman wears whatever makes her feel good?

I would love for someone from FJ to get their hands on Wisdom Booklets and do a little "distance course" using them. We could all go to our respective airports and look for eye traps, then we could talk about bankruptcy and how to curl our hair. Then later, maybe we could try to write the SATs.

I so wish my mother hadn't thrown them all away. The stuff that is in them has to be seen to be believed. Some of it is that crazy.

I'm torn as to whether I want the shirt that says "eye trap" or if I should hold out for "stumbling block".

I feel sorry for them that their life is this small and petty - and that they think it's oh-so-full of meaning. What does it matter if a woman wears whatever makes her feel good?

I would like a shirt that says eye trap, and sweatpants that say stumbling block on the butt :D

I wish they would just worry about themselves instead of what other women are wearing. But all that staring at "immodestly dressed" women...they are more clevage obsessed than the heathens :lol:

Dear Teri,

In church today A lady about my age wore an ankle length aqua skirted suit with a sensible slit in the center back of the skirt from the hem to just below the knee. Sure enough, the pretty curves of her inner shins and ankles were visible when we all stood.

I post this because I am 99% sure that my The Spousal Unit saw her leg skin, however

, I am just A's sure that he did not become aroused in any way.

Teri, help! Has my man become a sodomite??

VTY,

MJB

Ok, I came up with an even better solution. All women will have to go around in a giant cardboard box on wheels (no feet showing!) There will be a window in the front with black fabric that women can see out of but no one can see into. To go shopping or do anything where items are exchanged, the woman will have to use a robotic arm similar to the claw found in those toy machines at Denny's and cheap motels. To exchange money, a little cup on the end of a pole will be sent out with exact change. See, it's really simple and it will totally help men learn the favored character quality of SELF CONTROL! :roll:

She will have to use a voice modulator so that she doesn't sound too feminine. We don't want to create a ear trap for men.

I sort of feel like this is what the Maxwells really want us to look like:

1.jpg

They just can't say it because that would be too much of an association with Islam. Frankly, people like them and some of our other fundies terrify me. I think it's their obvious goal to basically turn America into Saudi Arabia, as far as women's rights go.

Demgirl, her eyes are sticking out!! What were you thinking? That is so immodest, she needs a screen over them! What if she were to MAKE EYE CONTACT with a man? For shame!!

No, the contrasting buttons on the skirt of the woman on the right are a defrauding eye trap. Obviously.

I was thinking more in terms of that pattern around the edge - right around the naughty bits!

How about "eye trap" on one boob, and "stumbling block" on the other?

Archived