IGNORED

Asians want to ruin the West...by funding hospitals !11!!

ILikePie

reclaimbeauty.blogspot.com/2014/06/what-are-li-ka-shings-intentions-for.html

Oh dear. To recap, Kidist recently went to St. Michael's hospital in Toronto for some health issues she was experiencing and noticed on a trip to the souvenir shop that the hospital was taking the angel sculpture off of its logo. She attributes this to the encroaching threat of multiculturalism in Canada and goes on to rant about the Hong Kong billionaire who recently donated millions of dollars to the hospital.

She claims that Li Ka Shing wants to promote Buddhism and Chinese culture at the expense of Christianity and that his sponsorship of St. Michael's hospital was a means to this end. According to her, he's secretly a Buddhist who hides his beliefs in order to not be held accountable to all the Christian organizations he's affiliated with. Kidist cites his giving money to Buddhist shrines and rumors of desire to have a 249 foot goddess statue at his grave (which Li Ka Shing has denied) as evidence. :roll:

:popcorn2: Kidist is entertaining. Although I have been watching Stalked and Nightmares Next Door so I only hope she writes the crazy in her blog and doesn't take it to real life.

Yeah, but a Christian billionaire donating to a large hospital in China or with Buddhist affiliations is no big deal, because Christianity is awesome and it's not imposing our beliefs on them, is it? :roll:

Wow, the crazy is strong on this one, even by Kidist standards.

The women is having an emotional breakdown over a hospital changing its logo.

reclaimbeauty.blogspot.ca/2014/06/st-michaels-disappearing-legacy.html

The saleswoman had told me at my list visit that the hospital was changing its logo, and would be bringing in new items in a couple of months.

So I asked her what was new.

She showed me a couple of t-shirts with just the words "St. Michael's, Inspired Care, Inspiring Science" in bold, plain white print against a navy blue background.

"How about the sculpture?" I asked.

"Well, this is the new logo," she replied.

"That doesn't make sense. How is it St. Michael's without that famous sculpture as its logo? The older signs all had it."

"I don't know. We have no say,' she answered, clearly not very happy. [Once again, Kidist project feelings onto the unfortunate staff that have to deal with her, since she doesn't have conversations with actual friends.]

I got a little emotional, and said that if he wasn't going to be around to watch out for us, then who was?

Ok, I understand that there are plenty of non-crazy people who have attachments to various saints - but do they literally believe that removing an image from a logo magically makes the saint disappear?

We then get this weird rant that the modern architecture on a new wing is somehow the same as getting rid of God.

Fear not, though. Kidist, thanks to the voices in her head, is the savior of society.

It is no surprose that I am getting all kinds of premonitions. We, those who get these because of our attention to our cultural changes, need to keep a vigilant eye, and are responsible for conveying our knowledge. I will continue to do so.

In case anyone wants this story translated into reality, it goes like this:

Chinese billionaire makes a generous donation to St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto. The hospital names a research center after him. He gets some prestige, and possibly some personal satisfaction or bragging rights. Hospital gets funding for research, which benefits patients and quite frankly the rest of the world if any breakthroughs are made as a result. Hospital is happy. Citizens of Toronto - who will benefit from high-quality jobs and from any research done - are happy. Kidist is the only person who is not happy. St. Michael's, like many hospitals, periodically updates its branding. My husband's hospital just changed its name as well - but since it didn't involve Asians or God, Kidist didn't notice. St. Michael is still in the name. The Catholic church still has an influence on treatment. Picture or no picture, you still can't get birth control or abortion services at that hospital.

:popcorn2: Kidist is entertaining. Although I have been watching Stalked and Nightmares Next Door so I only hope she writes the crazy in her blog and doesn't take it to real life.

I haven't been reading Kidist lately. But I still remember her postings about the little boy who used or lives near her that had an Asian nanny. She also posted something hateful about an interracial couple and then there was the posting about her uninvited visit to a ballet school dorm area. I agree, I hope she doesn't do anything crazy. Off to read Kidist's entry.

I'll give her that the salesperson wasn't all that happy. It was probably because she was talking to Kidist though rather than any logo change. :P

I haven't been reading Kidist lately. But I still remember her postings about the little boy who used or lives near her that had an Asian nanny. She also posted something hateful about an interracial couple and then there was the posting about her uninvited visit to a ballet school dorm area. I agree, I hope she doesn't do anything crazy. Off to read Kidist's entry.

Kidist is sad, lonely and troubled, and I have no doubt that she makes random and shockingly insensitive statements to strangers. I'm just not sure it's as often or as detailed as she writes about. I think though, that that's as far as she'll take it. She seems to let off steam through her blogs where she believe she's talking to like-minded people, so as long as she keeps posting, I don't think the crazy will jump too much farther off her track.

How is she going to react if/when she is faced with an Asian doctor or nurse at the hospital?

Being at a teaching hospital means that students and residents get involved, not just your main doctor. St. Michael's is a teaching hospital, and the majority of the med students aren't white. Is she the type to file a frivolous complaint based on racist delusions?

I met someone from Toronto the other day and I had to rein myself back from mentioning the insanity that is Kidist.

Kidist reminds me of my sister in law. No, that is not a compliment and never will be. :cray-cray:

Kidist reminds me of my sister in law. No, that is not a compliment and never will be. :cray-cray:

I met someone from Toronto the other day and I had to rein myself back from mentioning the insanity that is Kidist.

I remember there was a poster here from Toronto who knew someone who had encountered Kidist at lecture event for a concert IIRC. I can't remember that poster's name.

How is she going to react if/when she is faced with an Asian doctor or nurse at the hospital?

Being at a teaching hospital means that students and residents get involved, not just your main doctor. St. Michael's is a teaching hospital, and the majority of the med students aren't white. Is she the type to file a frivolous complaint based on racist delusions?

My guess is that she will act pretty cold with an Asian healthcare professional. I can see her being the type to file a frivolous complaint.

I cordially enjoin Kidist to go fuck herself. The Japanese cardiac surgeon Dr. Hiroyoshi Takata performed a quadruple bypass on my mother, when four other cardiac surgeons refused her case (they feared she couldn't survive the surgery). She was able to live long enough to see her 50th wedding anniversary and my baby sister's first child born. Dr. Takata learned and perfected surgical techniques in the US and periodically returned to his hospital in Japan to educate surgeons there.

(Fun fact: Around the same time frame and at the same hospital, Dr. Takata performed the same operation on the actor Art Carney.)

I didn't realize this was Kidist thread, and almost missed the crazy.

I knew this thread was about Kidist just from the title.

Archived