IGNORED

What to expect when you're married to an asshole....

From the comments:

To remain an "introvert" is to be disobedient to the command of Jesus to love others as ourselves.

Yes, Lori et al., introverts are just totally, over-the-moon in love with themselves and that's why they're introverted.

These people are so unimaginably stupid that I don't even know how they manage to even navigate to Lori's blog.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for starting this thread.

Lori has really crawled over one commenter for actually saying "...maybe I misunderstood, but..." It was a perfectly polite, well worded comment and Lori was her usual hateful self in response. I think it's funny she has a picture of Ronald Reagan as an example of a Command Man. Anybody here think Nancy was submissive?

Anyone? :?

Bueller....?

LOL - Ole Ronnie dearly loved his Mommy and she loved him, but Nancy was definitely in charge (the same way Michele Duggar runs her marriage).

In their ideas of love and marriage, there is always a winner and a loser-- a boss and a follower. It is the weirdest philosophy, to me-- I always see marriages between people who are not equals as sad, while they seem to promote them.

It has always struck me that people like Lori and Ken view most close relationships as adversarial, especially those between parent and child, husband and wife. It's as if they thrive on conflict, and expect others to, as well.

There are many women out there who don't like strong men. They dislike Ken, Cabinetman, Michael Pearl, John MacArthur, Mark Driscoll, etc. These men are all Command Men and many women seem to prefer gentle, sensitive, and emotional men, like themselves.

Did it ever occur to Lori that women dislike Ken, Cabinetman and Michael Pearl because their "strength" manifests a deep disdain towards women?

Having gentleness, sensitivity, humility, and compassion sometimes takes an awful lot of personal strength, Lori. Look at Christ's life as example of that.

Did it ever occur to Lori that women dislike Ken, Cabinetman and Michael Pearl because their "strength" manifests a deep disdain towards women?

Having gentleness, sensitivity, humility, and compassion sometimes takes an awful lot of personal strength, Lori. Look at Christ's life as example of that.

OK, if Lorri prefers "Command Men" why is it always very clear that she doesn't much like Ken?

I thought Cabinet Man pulled his things because of privacy reasons and because he thought Lori was misrepresenting what he said?

I thought Cabinet Man pulled his things because of privacy reasons and because he thought Lori was misrepresenting what he said?

Well, sure, but you don't really expect Lori to be honest, do you?

There must be something g wrong with me for wanting the men in my life to treat me with respect

When someone tries to tell me why a man who is a pompous, overbearing opinioned tool is a "commanding" man - I immediately wonder if that person is being abused by the "commanding" man. No one other than someone beaten down by abuse mistakes Ken's or the cabinet man's behaviour for leadership.

edited for clarity

You ever get the impression that women like Lori write stuff like this for the sole purpose of having it discussed in forums like Free Jinger?

She must really enjoy her masochism.

She has to get traffic somehow after Ken's visit here :wink-kitty:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :text-goodpost: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Had to grab this comment before Lori zaps it:

There is nothing sinful about being introverted.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-introvert.h...

Certainly, introverts can have their "pet sins" just like extroverts, but that doesn't make introversion innately sinful. It's just a personality type, much like Lori has an unemotional personality. Those things are just a way of being and not sinful in and of themselves.

From the fb comments:

Love, love this!

The biggest blessing to my married life is that I learned the art of making an appeal withOUT questioning authority very young!

And that I also learned to accept NO as an answer. Lol.

Years ago my mom stayed w us for almost a year and I remember her being so turned off to my husband" she even said to me one day "I don't know how u can b married to him!? He is just like ur father!" (My parents are divorced)

I replied "yeah I know isn't it great! " (lol my dad and I were always close)

She went on to marry Mr. Steady. Extremely nice human but he like waits on her and always says "yes dear" and she buys whatever she wants when she wants it... it is very weird to me actually. Like it sounds nice and pretty but when I dated a guy like that I was soo unhappy inside! I have a need for a strong man to keep me in check.

"And I was like, ooookaaayyy, marry a nice guy if you want, but I need an asshole with an aggressive streak to tell me what to do!"

From the fb comments:

"And I was like, ooookaaayyy, marry a nice guy if you want, but I need an asshole with an aggressive streak to tell me what to do!"

Apparently she took "Johnny Get Angry" to heart.

[bBvideo 560,340:1tz0tsaj]

[/bBvideo]

Apparently she took "Johnny Get Angry" to heart.

[bBvideo 560,340:17ruqd2v]

[/bBvideo]

The creepiest song of all time.

One time k.d. laing sang it in an over-the-top, emotionally raw manner on a TV show (this was before she came out) to demonstrate how fucked-up that song is, but people didn't get it, and one horrified woman wrote in to TV Guide to chastise her for singing something so anti-feminist.

Well, if she's going to quote learned, storied scholars such as Debi Pearl, I'm not sure how I can form a lucid counter argumemt.

You ever get the impression that women like Lori write stuff like this for the sole purpose of having it discussed in forums like Free Jinger?

She must really enjoy her masochism.

Ken's visit here pretty much solidified that for me. She reads here, I don't care what Ken said. Part of me thinks they tag teamed here under Ken's username.

Ken's visit here pretty much solidified that for me. She reads here, I don't care what Ken said. Part of me thinks they tag teamed here under Ken's username.

That might explain why once in a while Ken's posts made absolutely NO sense and had nothing to do with what he was supposedly responding to. I hadn't actually thought of that. Makes sense though.

Well, if she's going to quote learned, storied scholars such as Debi Pearl, I'm not sure how I can form a lucid counter argumemt.

Amen. As soon as i saw who she began the post quoting i couldn't read the rest, until i saw it here, in a safer place. That book really damaged my relationship with my husband at the beginning of our marriage.

So a "command" man feels the need to overcompensate for being an insecure, small dicked, lousy in bed asshole?

Thank God my husband is a confident man who doesn't feel the need to act like an asshole...it's not like I "rule the roost" but we rarely have a conflict about ANYTHING!!!

I think Michael Pearl, Ken Alexander, Cabinetman and Stevehovah all have wee, little dicks and they're way overcompensating.

Your post reminded me of this song, and I have been laughing ever since. This should be Ken's official song when and if he ever shows up here again. :lol:

Sorry, I am on my iPad and can only post the link. And if anyone is sensitive to language about short dicks, you might just want to not click on the link.

Your post reminded me of this song, and I have been laughing ever since. This should be Ken's official song when and if he ever shows up here again. :lol:

Sorry, I am on my iPad and can only post the link. And if anyone is sensitive to language about short dicks, you might just want to not click on the link.

I suggest not eating or drinking when clicking it either. Silly me thinking mini sweet tarts would be safe on FJ. I am obviously a very slow learner ;)

My husband is strong enough to not be threatened by me not being a meek little wifey. What Debi's talking about are men who are wusses who are too insecure to handle a strong woman.

Yes I thought of posting kd langs version but thought this was more lorri...though I could be wrong.

From the comments:

Yes, Lori et al., introverts are just totally, over-the-moon in love with themselves and that's why they're introverted.

These people are so unimaginably stupid that I don't even know how they manage to even navigate to Lori's blog.

You know, my introverted self doesn't even like people (nor do I follow the commands of Jesus), and I'd be willing to bet I've done more to show love to others in the last year than Lori's done in her entire life. I'm sure just about everyone could say the same, introvert or not. Especially since it has to be things Lori has PERSONALLY done, not sent her nanny to do ;)

Archived