IGNORED

Homeschool parents/SIX sons charged with sexual abuse of gir

Ex 2x2

I wonder about the rest of the children in the family. Did the abuse only start after older siblings left home, or are there younger children who may, or may not, also have been abused? And I hope they can find some way to charge the parents just as seriously as the sons...that youngest son is very close in age to the daughter, so I wonder what kind of pressure/abuse the younger boys must have also faced. This isn't a case where one sibling is out of control and doing things in secret, if six sons are all involved I don't see how the parents couldn't have known.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume if it is a sister (which we don't know), they are keeping that information back to protect her identity. Since the identity of the abusers are known, then her identity would be outed.

I hope all these fuckers rot.

Here is a breakdown of the charges:

wavy.com/2014/05/12/6-brothers-charged-in-decade-long-sexual-abuse/

Eric Jackson, 27, was charged with three counts rape of a child, three counts statutory rape of a child less than six years old and three counts of sex offense.

Jon Jackson, 25, was charged with first degree sex offense.

Mathew Jackson, 23, was charged with five counts of rape of a child.

Nathaniel Jackson, 21, was charged with two counts of first degree sexual offense and three counts of statutory rape.

Benjamin Jackson, 19, was charged with three counts statutory rape.

Aaron Jackson, 19, was charged with three counts statutory rape.

During the time of the abuse, Tilley said the Jacksons lived with their parents, John, 65, and Nita, 54, who were also arrested Tuesday, each charged with felony child neglect.

Thank goodness that that church elder actually took action:

Horn said he met with Eric twice about the assaults. After the first meeting, Horn called the Perquimans County Sheriff’s Office himself and reported the situation; he explained, it’s the law for an adult to report the sexual molestation of a child, despite the fact that he’s a pastor.

ARGH:

One of the brothers allegedly told deputies his mother witnessed the abuse on at least one occasion and walked away.

There was some discussion in the comments that she is their sister, but in order to protect a victim's identity, they don't list her name OR her relation.

This story just popped up on my Facebook post, from The Huffington Post. They included a quote from the sheriff laying blame on the parents for letting this abuse happen. Glad that it is getting noticed.

There was some discussion in the comments that she is their sister, but in order to protect a victim's identity, they don't list her name OR her relation.

I think it is a sister, and they are withholding that to protect her identity. But if the family is as secretive and reclusive as they're painted in the articles, who else would it be?

This article states that the girl currently lives in Colorado Springs. The parents have returned to Colorado while out on bond. I'm very curious about the family structure and dynamics, as well as how the girl managed to speak with CPS in Colorado since her parents (whether they're the Jacksons or not) stonewalled police in NC. I also thought it was interesting that the two oldest two brothers are noted to be members of Hope Baptist, but not any of the other family members.

ETA a link to this article from CO Springs, which adds some interesting details.

Six brothers accused of sexually abusing sister; parents also arrested

By Peter Williams The Perquimans Weekly • Updated: May 13, 2014 at 9:04 pm • Published: May 13, 2014

A sex-abuse case that brought North Carolina investigators to Colorado Springs has led the arrest of six brothers accused of having sex with their younger sister over a 10-year period.

The brothers' parents also were arrested on charges of enabling the crimes.

Eric Tilley, the sheriff of Perquimans County, N.C., said the brothers, who range in age from 27 to 18, are charged with either rape of child, first-degree sex offense or statutory rape.

According to Tilley, the brothers began sexually abusing their sister when she was 4 years old. The abuse continued, apparently at the family home in North Carolina until about four years ago, Investigator Shelby White said. The victim is now 16 and living in Colorado under the care of child protective services.

The parents allegedly knew about their sons' sexual abuse of their daughter but didn't intervene, Tilley said.

"The parents were arrested because they actually had witnessed the assaults and did nothing to stop them," he said.

All eight members of the family turned themselves in to the Perquimans County Sheriff's Office between Monday and Tuesday after they were indicted by a grand jury.

The suspects are: Eric Jackson, 27, and Jon Jackson, 25, of North Carolina; Matthew Jackson, 23, and Nathaniel Jackson, 21, of Monument; Benjamin Jackson, 19, and Aaron Jackson, 18, of North Carolina; and their parents, John Jackson, 65, and Nita Jackson, 54, of North Carolina.

The charges against the brothers vary because their participation in the crimes varied, White said

The allegations of sexual abuse in the Jackson family home first came to light in December 2012, when one of the Jackson brothers and his minister visited the Perquimans Sheriff's Office and the brother admitted having sex with his sister.

The sheriff's office began an investigation and child protective services intervened. Charges couldn't be filed, however, because the victim initially was uncooperative. Both parents also were uncooperative, White said.

Several of the Jacksons apparently fled to Colorado, where the children were born, after learning that one had spoken to authorities about the alleged sexual abuse of their sister.

The investigation picked up steam after the victim began cooperating with law enforcement officials. Two months ago, White traveled to Colorado Springs, where over an eight-hour period, he interviewed the victim.

All eight Jacksons agreed to return to Perquimans County and face the charges instead of being jailed in Colorado and wait two or three weeks to be extradited, Tilley said.

"They did it because it was in their best interests, not out of cooperation," Tilley said.

Tilley said John Jackson, the patriarch of the family, was born in Georgia. Besides Perquimans County, where the family has lived for the past 14 or 15 years, the Jacksons also had lived in Wyoming and Colorado, he said.

John Jackson listed his occupation as "disabled," Tilley said. Nita Jackson listed her occupation as homemaker. The sheriff's office declined to release the Jackson brothers' occupations. All of the Jackson children were homeschooled but not very well, Tilley said.

"One of them took the better part of a minute just to write his first name," the sheriff said. "It was obvious they had no formal education."

Besides the six Jackson brothers and the victim, the family also includes another brother and older sister, White said. Neither is facing any charges.

http://gazette.com/six-brothers-accused ... le/1519926

I think it is a sister, and they are withholding that to protect her identity. But if the family is as secretive and reclusive as they're painted in the articles, who else would it be?

This article states that the girl currently lives in Colorado Springs. The parents have returned to Colorado while out on bond. I'm very curious about the family structure and dynamics, as well as how the girl managed to speak with CPS in Colorado since her parents (whether they're the Jacksons or not) stonewalled police in NC. I also thought it was interesting that the two oldest two brothers are noted to be members of Hope Baptist, but not any of the other family members.

In another article, it said the NC authorities contacted CO authorities, who took the girl and interviewed her. The NC authorities had previously had CONFESSIONS from three of the boys and still could not get access to the girl, as it was denied by her parents.

He's FB friends with a bunch of fundies, including Nattie Darnell......

I wonder if the parents had a copy of the Pearl's book in the house ?

This is totally sickening. Also, it reminds me of a certain X-Files episode...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_(The_X-Files)

right seems they did not repent till they were aught. but I am sure god forgave them :angry-banghead: :pull-hair:

TO paraphrase Rhett Butler, theyr'e like a thief who isn't sorry he stole, but is very, very sorry he got caught.

Thank goodness that that church elder actually took action

What worries me, though, is that Brown/Horn will be excused simply because Horn did what any human being with a shred of decency would do, and that their dangerous teachings on homeschooling, sheltering children, and female submission will be ignored. Of course they didn't flat-out tell the family to abuse their daughter-- but they did create a subculture that made this inevitable.

Oh, and I also find it very interesting that two of Peter Bradrick's brothers are friends with Eric Jackson, but Peter is not.

ETA: Well, duh, DWT-- that would be because Peter is not on FB anymore!

Did anyone else notice Aaron and Benjamin, 19 yo twins, are dressed alike in the mug shots?!

Matthew's FB page. WARNING: There is a gross bloody photo of his finger right at the top, so you might want to skip over that quickly.

facebook.com/matthew.jackson.794?fref=photo

"Expedition to Patagonia," huh? Was it... manly and sweaty, by any chance?

This is totally sickening. Also, it reminds me of a certain X-Files episode...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_(The_X-Files)

Yikes! I hadn't seen that X-Files episode. It does echo the theme. That poor girl.

Nathanael's FB page:

facebook.com/nathanael.jackson.167

Do you think maybe these guys are playing dumb with the cops to try to build some kind of defense? Sure, they're no Einsteins, but they seem functionally literate on their FB pages.

I spy Seppis, Bradricks, a Brown, a Darnell & a Swanson! Even the photographer of the Isaac-Heidi Botkin Nuptials!

Lots and lots of NCFIC/VF fundie luminaries in Eric's collection of FB friends. This is truly appalling - the entire organization is rotten to the core.

ETA: Julie Anne at Spiritual Sounding Board has posted this story, too.

The rape culture is alive and well. Even the news article phrases it as he "had sex with his sister." Let us be clear and accurate: He did not have sex with her, he raped her!. This crap makes my blood boil. Call it what it is, people. Especially journalists.

Nathanael's FB page:

facebook.com/nathanael.jackson.167

Do you think maybe these guys are playing dumb with the cops to try to build some kind of defense? Sure, they're no Einsteins, but they seem functionally literate on their FB pages.

Maybe. One article did say it was Eric who could barely write his name, but the direct quote from the sheriff just says "one of them." So who knows.

On Lourdes’ FB support page: “Light is being shed on Darkness. The battle is real. Don't think for a sec that God will be mocked. Cults will be cults. There is no way around it. Praying for this girl's healing. Praying for all the blind to walk in light. Let us not keep our heads in the sand. Look around at relationships you have. What is going on in thier lives. Open up yourself to love unconditionally. You may be the person God uses to shed light on the darkness and show the blind the way out… My blood is boiling.â€

facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1481227835442671&id=1468859266679528

Lourdes is one step away from becoming an advocate. As a more mature victim who is getting support in healing, she would make a kick ass advocate for these girls, but the more your blood boils, the more you start speaking out about these abuses.

That poor child. :cry: :angry-cussingblack:

I hope this helps expose the filthiness of the patriarchy crap.

They have posted several local news videos over on the Spiritual Sounding Board thread, and guess what? Dan Horn and Hope Baptist are the big heroes. Never mind that a 25-year-old son felt he had to "ask his dad for permission" to tell Dan Horn the truth! Golly, who could have taught him that?

http://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/ ... er-sister/

I don't think I want to understand... :?

the most pathetic part is I am sure they think god has forgiven them and they will still go to heaven while they think the girl is hellbound.

Archived