IGNORED

Homeschool parents/SIX sons charged with sexual abuse of gir

Ex 2x2

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad at least one of them chose to do the right thing and that the pastor encouraged him to. Too often the church leaders are only too happy to cover up abuse. I hope she's able to get the help and healing she needs.

OMG - this would be Dan Horn of Scott Brown's business church:

The man, Eric Jackson, agreed shortly thereafter to tell his story to the Perquimans County Sheriff's Office, said Elder Dan Horn, of Hope Baptist Church in Wake Forest, NC. Horn said Jackson believed he needed to "walk in the light and confess his sin to the authorities."

hopebaptistchurch.info/leaders/

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/05/six-nc-brothers-accused-abusing-girl-over-decade

Another news link. It appears she may be the sister. The oldest of the six who were arrested told a church elder in 2012 and this articles states he is 4th oldest of 11 children. Three above him plus the girl still leaves one unaccounted for though

Why did it take them a year and a half to arrest them though? I want to blame slow courts or something but it also makes me suspicious for the church covering it up and then claiming they didn't when this finally reached the authorities...

So sad. That poor girl.

I'm thinking it has to be a sister.

From the first link (http://wtkr.com/2014/05/12/six-brothers ... e-of-girl/):

Deputies then spoke with the girl and they say the parents would not allow her to talk. The family then moved to the Colorado Springs area of Colorado.

While in Colorado, the girl spoke with Child Protective Services about the alleged abuse.

The sheriff’s department went to Colorado to speak with her. This lasted about eight hours they say.

From the second link (http://www.wvec.com/news/Six-brothers-c ... 36601.html):

When deputies went to the family's property on Chapanoke Road, they denied them access. Tilley said by mid to late 2013, the parents moved much of the family to Colorado.

The defendants returned to North Carolina rather than be arrested in Colorado and await extradition. Tilley told 13News Now the parents are not cooperating with deputies and that they returned to Colorado after they posted a $15,000 secured bond.

So it seems that when police tried to question her, the family clammed up and soon moved to CO. At some point in CO, the girl was able to speak to CPS and the police. Interesting though that it says they moved "much of the family" to CO. That presumably includes the six defendants and the girl, but that would leave four other children from the family. Lots going on here, to be sure.

ETA: Reclusive homeschooling family + 27 y/o who can't write his name + known sexual abuse by multiple children = a ton of culpability for the parents, IMO. Of course the six men are responsible for their own actions, but it sounds like they were raised and living in one fucked up environment.

Why did it take them a year and a half to arrest them though? I want to blame slow courts or something but it also makes me suspicious for the church covering it up and then claiming they didn't when this finally reached the authorities...

So sad. That poor girl.

The link I read made it sound as if there was a lot of stonewalling by the parents. Now, I have no idea if their behavior (refusing to let police on the property, packing up and moving to a different state, etc.) would cause a delay that long, but I'd guess it would definitely delay things some. Also, they may have had to go through a LOT of evidence since there were so many people (allegedly) involved in the abuse. Crossing Ts, dotting Is to ensure a conviction, that no one would wriggle out of the charges.

"We believe their repentance is genuine," Horn said.

right seems they did not repent till they were aught. but I am sure god forgave them :angry-banghead: :pull-hair:

Eric posted on Scott’s Memorial Day 2012 FB page:

facebook.com/events/262377640509695

Eric’s FB page. Oh, the familiar faces you’ll see…

facebook.com/eric.jackson.37625843?fref=nf

Eric posted on Scott’s Memorial Day 2012 FB page:

facebook.com/events/262377640509695

Eric’s FB page. Oh, the familiar faces you’ll see…

facebook.com/eric.jackson.37625843?fref=nf

I spy Seppis, Bradricks, a Brown, a Darnell & a Swanson! Even the photographer of the Isaac-Heidi Botkin Nuptials!

This could be the death blow to the American Dominionism/Patriarchy movement that-- so far-- the Phillips' scandal has unfortunately not been.

Watching the WTKR news right now--it's the sister. :angry-banghead:

This could be the death blow to the American Dominionism/Patriarchy movement that-- so far-- the Phillips' scandal has unfortunately not been.

But this family is in no way the royalty of the movement. They aren't pretty. They aren't television material. As much of a scandal that this will be locally, this will probably not be the actual nail in the coffin that takes down the movement. And I'm aware that I'm a cynical bitch. I feel so sorry for the girl involved, and feel no empathy for the parents or brothers- the lot of them should be strung up and quartered.

But this family is in no way the royalty of the movement. They aren't pretty. They aren't television material. As much of a scandal that this will be locally, this will probably not be the actual nail in the coffin that takes down the movement. And I'm aware that I'm a cynical bitch. I feel so sorry for the girl involved, and feel no empathy for the parents or brothers- the lot of them should be strung up and quartered.

It will all depend on whether it's presented in a way that ties it to Brown. How well does he know this family? How long has he known about this? So far, Hope Baptist is keeping Horn out front, but what if that drives a wedge between him and Brown? How long will Horn agree to be the only one facing the cameras?

I'm glad at least one of them chose to do the right thing and that the pastor encouraged him to. Too often the church leaders are only too happy to cover up abuse. I hope she's able to get the help and healing she needs.

And has the strength to survive the victim shaming that will be thrown her way

And has the strength to survive the victim shaming that will be thrown her way

Seriously, if they victim-shame a girl who was a FOUR-YEAR old when this is supposed to have started, it will be the end of all credibility.

Oh they will victim blame, alright. Her parents will say she was troubled and difficult, and her brothers will say she TEMPTED them.

It's just to easy to make fun of. Last October he called Halloween "a culture of darkness and death." Somehow I think giving candy to kids in cute costumes will just NEVER rank with the darkness and death of RAPING YOUR BABY SISTER FOR A DECADE OF HER LIFE!!!!!!!

Yeah his facebook page made me sick. He's ranting about politics and mormons and halloween while knowing he's being investigated for raping his baby sister. Does this family have a blog or a webpage?

And would someone mind giving me a super quick explanation of who scott brown is? I had no idea when I read this article they were connected with anyone we'd "know."

And would someone mind giving me a super quick explanation of who scott brown is? I had no idea when I read this article they were connected with anyone we'd "know."

ncfic.org/about/board/

thewartburgwatch.com/2011/09/23/ncfic-vision-forum-and-the-bottom-line/

What a sick and strange family where the brothers will all do this to a little girl, and the parents cover it up and don't stop it. Do you think in some twisted way they let her be used in order to keep the boys from sinning publicly by having real girlfriends?

Archived