IGNORED

Lori Alexander's Quiet Time

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would hate to live next to Lori for a variety of reasons.

I live half a continent away from Lori, and that's way too close.

I live within a few miles of her and I check her photo occasionally as I'd want to change aisles should I see her at a store.

California yards are small compared to many parts of the country so the houses are relatively close together. Lori lives in an area with CC&Rs I believe. I expect control of one's animals, number, and allowable type are all covered. Those conditions are likely more stringent than the city noise and animal codes. We also have a climate such that windows and doors can be open several days of every month making noises more noticeable year round. That said I imagine Lori is the type who might complain if she heard a dog barking once or twice. If she's worried about a neighbor's housekeeping she has too little to do herself IMO.

I would hate to live next to Lori for a variety of reasons.

Oh, I don't know. If your house is messy she might send her nanny over to clean it for you.

Oh, I don't know. If your house is messy she might send her nanny over to clean it for you.

In my case that would be a great idea!! In exchange I can offer some therapy......for the entire family.....

If Lori sent her nanny to clean my house, I'd shoo the cat off the couch and offer her a seat. Then I'd pull out a tray of junk food and casually ask "Sooooo.....how do you like working for Ken and Lori?" :popcorn2:

I think it's very telling that all of Lori's "bossy" energy was directed into campaigns against something. Now, if she'd used her gifts for organization to collect money for the Red Cross or organize a walk to raise money for cancer research it'd be different. But then it wouldn't be Lori...

Lori doing something positive for others, it will be a cold day in hell when that happens.

Lori doing something positive for others, it will be a cold day in hell when that happens.

Lori considers her little blog to be a ministry. She actually says she's been called to mentor younger wives :? . To do anything outside of that would require an actual effort on her part - and compassion. I was wondering if she does any work through her church but then I realized that would require her to work with others and I doubt she does that well. She seems to cook nice healthy meals. Wouldn't it be nice if she took one of those meals to a new mother, a widow, or someone who has just had surgery?

Sometimes people, like me who had happy and loving childhoods, forget how lucky we were.

IKWYM. When I was in my twenties I came to the conclusion that my parents had Royally Screwed Up.... Then I got on the Internet.

Hugs to you all.

This.

Archived