IGNORED

All Things Kidist the Jealous Hater - Merge

GolightlyGrrl

Kidist claims:

"My photography is superior to the work of my more successful college classmate!"

reclaimbeauty.blogspot.ca/2014/04/art-thieves.html

If you ask me, Kidist's example photograph looks like something I could have taken with my smartphone while walking along Brady St. yesterday afternoon.

I would be very surprised if kidist did not have a mental health issue.

As an aside, does she still work at the Eaton Centre? I always look for her in the clothing store she is supposed to have worked at but so far I have not seen her.

As an aside, does she still work at the Eaton Centre? I always look for her in the clothing store she is supposed to have worked at but so far I have not seen her.

Kidist is one of the few people we discuss here who I think may have a mental illness.

Not sure if she's still working at the clothing store. I thought she was only holiday help. I don't really think she works. I'm sure her family is supporting her. She seems to travel a lot.

in her earlier posts she said she had been a student at Rutgers - hard to believe, but then the good ole' Kidist returned with a photo analysis of Ellen Page. I guess K was a fan and she was thrown for a loop when EP came out of the closet. True to form, K can divine so much by just looking at Ellen's parents.

Oh and she spent some time in NYC researching for her book. From her posts, she was staying around 106th St. Not quite Columbia U , definitely too uptown for a gal who considers herself superior to those with darker complexions. Wonder how she liked Spanish Harlem.

I think she's living in Mississauga now - so I doubt she's working at the Eaton Centre. There's definitely something wrong with her - seems like she was educated and then went batshit, if her cv is to be believed.

Good god. I now want to stop by the bakery outlet store, buy a few dozen loaves of the cheapest (white!) bread, make toast of it all, and ship it to her in a gigantic box. Because clearly girlfriend needs something to spread all that mad jelly on.

Alas, given the glacial pace at which packages get through Canadian Customs, I will have either forgotten or grown bored with the joke long before she gets her gigantic box of toast.

That said, this is a pretty typical post for Kidist; the only difference is that she may have once known the artist she's slagging (though I doubt it was in more than just a passing way). Bitterness, jealousy, projection, and pretending to actually know anything about who or what she's criticizing? Same old Kidist.

In this case, she's also falling back on the old, "If I don't get it just by looking at it, and don't understand the artist's statement, it must therefore be bad art--or non-art--and the so-called 'artist' is just spewing a bunch of high-falutin' gobbledygook in order to fool people." Rather than admit she's got a gaping hole in her education about art, or that she's not so intellectually gifted as she'd like to appear, she calls what she doesn't understand bogus.

I have my own creative work, that I make a living at. I also make art that requires a bit of explaining, and no, doing so in Plain English isn't always possible. (By the way, Kidist? Installation is not just sculpture by another name. You showed just how little you actually know about contemporary art, and how laughably unfit you are to pose as an art critic with that particular nugget.)

I have an academic background, and have read enough dry, densely-written theory to tell when an artist's statement is willfully obscure bullshit and when it's making a real point. Like any field, contemporary art has its own language, its own set of concepts, and they can be really tough for outsiders to get; it really can be like learning a new language, or deciding to learn very advanced math. There's a whole conceptual toolkit you need to assemble, plus a new vocabulary, in order for it to not sound like a load of willful obfuscation. It can make sense, if you decide it's worth your while to learn all that--but Kidist obviously hasn't. So all she's really done here is show her ignorance, arrogance, and burning jealousy. It's the kind of peanut-gallery "criticism" that can safely be ignored (and should be).

Oh and she spent some time in NYC researching for her book. From her posts, she was staying around 106th St. Not quite Columbia U , definitely too uptown for a gal who considers herself superior to those with darker complexions. Wonder how she liked Spanish Harlem.

I live in New York. I used to live in Manhattan, actually Spanish Harlem, now I live in the Bronx. 106th Street has become gentrified from east to west. I actually lived in a housing project on 105th and First Avenue, and while the projects are still there, the area south and west are being gentrified fast. Depending on when she spent her time in NYC, she might not have felt that uncomfortable.

BTW, I agree with everyone here that she is a serious basket case.

Didn't know that. I remember when it was impossible to get a cab north of 96th St.

For some reason, when I look at her photo of the statue of St. Michael, it looks as if he's got his middle finger out.

She doesn't seem to get any comments to her blog. She is definitely......unique.

That comparison piece reads like a 100 level essay. Her 3rd person mini bio on the side is painful to read... I *almost* feel bad for her.

I have a blog where I take pictures of stuff around the city with a cellphone, like flowers and grass and other things you wouldn't find in Canada :lol: (Hi there Toronto!) I certainly don't think it's something that is really artistic or making a socio-political statement or anything like that. If she wants to take pictures of buildings and blog about what interests her, which seems to amount to bashing other people.... great. I guess.... but for her to think she is all that and a family sized bag of chips is just :cray-cray:

She took a picture of a storefront with people walking by. So artistic. So revolutionary. *yawn*

What store was she working at?

I can't get over how not good her photography is. It is just not good. I really think she is very mentally ill. Is there anyone in her life to point this out to her?

I can't get over how not good her photography is. It is just not good. I really think she is very mentally ill. Is there anyone in her life to point this out to her?

My photography work consists of taking quick snaps with my smart phone. I'm hardly Margaret Bourke-White. However, I did take a black and white photography class in college (old school-using actual film and a dark room), and I have to say the photographs I took that semester were superior compared to Kidist's dreck.

I wish Kidist would get help. She's a hateful wretch, but do think she's mentally ill. I believe she has family to help her out financially; I just wish they'd help her out with her mental health.

I wish Kidist would get help. She's a hateful wretch, but do think she's mentally ill. I believe she has family to help her out financially; I just wish they'd help her out with her mental health.

I wonder if her family is aware of her blog. It seems she spends a lot of time writing those entries, and (from the few I've read) it doesn't seem like she has much offline interactions with others. Nothing about "I was with my friend soandso in the Tim Hortons and we saw a darkie walk in and try to order a grande instead of a large. What an uneducated n..... ever in my day would I ever make such a mistake, because I would look at the board before ordering; the board which my friend and I could clearly see, even though we were across the store. People need to get their eyes checked at least once every few years. It may cost a couple hundred dollars, if you are not educated and do not have a Well Paying Job, but you only have a couple eyes!"

Agreed. I don't understand the composition with the traffic light pole and shadow are majorly distracting. On her blog she had the sense to crop it and photoshop the picture a bit so it's not just a snapshot she took on her phone that supposedly looks awesome.

Oh, Lordy. She's got a post on Failte Pub, making it look like it's some lovely antique place in Toronto.

FYI, it's in the first floor of an office tower in Mississauga, next to the mall. The interior is a decade old and was manufactured to look old and charming. It's one of those suburban pubs that's built to look like a big Irish stereotype.

Is anyone else here oddly reminded of Toni Morrisons´"The Bluest Eye", everytime Kidist posts another glimpse of her sad crazy?

Kidist is here to lecture you on how current men's fashion is an attack on western society!!!!!

reclaimbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/05/the-aggression-behind-scruffy-jeans.html

Kidist is well known for her bizarre Asian hate fetish. I'm surprised she chooses to stay in Toronto with it's huge Asian population!

Archived