IGNORED

Romantic History's Sarah Jane Leaves Husband

DomWackTroll

And Sarah Jane seems to have pulled her FB page altogether, which is a good thing.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Russell, kudos to you for getting out of that situation. Mrs. Romantic History does not sound stable at all. I've known some people that claimed they'd leave their wife/husband for someone and they never did. Some make up complete fabrications just to get one's attention and they just use the person(s) for a short time because they were bored and felt they needed a break from their home life. Also, some people who claimed they have been abused will turn on you in a drop of a dime and turn around and say you abused them etc when you didn't do a darn thing but help them. You said she is recanting her story, so, it is all going to back fire on her if she goes into the court house changing everything around. What goes around comes around, I think you could say.

I cannot help but think of those children. I pray someone does or is doing wellness checks on them. It says on her blog that she home-schools them, but I wonder if they have been taught anything at all during this time period? My heart goes out to those children.

Uhhuh. Two posts, both defending Russell. And dissing abuse victims, too. Which friend of his are you, anyway?

:confusion-scratchheadyellow:

I've been following Mrs. Romantic History's blog since mid October. I have read some of her older posts as well. Some things do not add up with her, so, it's easy for me not to believe everything this woman posts and I've known people who've had similar situations. I'm entitled to my opinion about it. Just like everyone else is. We may not all agree on opinions, but that is the way it goes in life at times - so be it. :shrug:

Good grief, Russell. I was just about to give you props for doing the right thing and focusing on your daughter. You had to go and screw it up with that last bit of victim blaming bull shit. Really? Never trust the victim of abuse, eh? Frankly, I am glad you are not a police officer anymore as long as you honestly believe that bit of misinformation you are spouting off. You would do a disservice to many victims of abuse.

While I hope that times have changed since the 90s, when I left my first (abusive) husband and had to get a series of restraining orders--that was very much the attitude I had to deal with from the cops when I tried to file reports about stalking/harassment. "Oh, you girls, you always lead them on and then when you don't like it come to us, we'll do all this work and then you'll change your mind..." or "It can't be that bad now, dear, can it? What did you do to set him off like that?"

I do not for a minute believe that that kind of disgusting attitude still isn't firmly entrenched in certain departments/geographic areas. Hopefully no one's dumb enough to say something like that in official training. But one's superior or bullshitting/"street training" with the boys? Of course things like that are said, in some places.

While I hope that times have changed since the 90s, when I left my first (abusive) husband and had to get a series of restraining orders--that was very much the attitude I had to deal with from the cops when I tried to file reports about stalking/harassment. "Oh, you girls, you always lead them on and then when you don't like it come to us, we'll do all this work and then you'll change your mind..." or "It can't be that bad now, dear, can it? What did you do to set him off like that?"

I do not for a minute believe that that kind of disgusting attitude still isn't firmly entrenched in certain departments/geographic areas. Hopefully no one's dumb enough to say something like that in official training. But one's superior or bullshitting/"street training" with the boys? Of course things like that are said, in some places.

My brother-in-law is a cop, and he ranted about this because his training did victim-blame. He said what it was supposed to be is that victims do often defend the abusers when the cops get involved, and sometimes get violent toward the cops, but what pissed his off isn't that part, but that the raining didn't get into how the reason a lot of victims do that is because they're scared that if the abusers get to go free, the abusers will beat the chit out of them if the abusers don't think the victims did enough to defend them. A victim could desperately want help, but if the sole support is an abuser, how can she get by when that sudden support is gone? It's easier sometimes to stay with the abuser than to start with nothing. There's nothing backing a lot of these women, which is why so many homeless women are victims who fled abuse. So yes, training does state the victims will often turn on cops to defend the abusers, but it doesn't get into why, and that why is extremely important, and that pissed him off. He's in his third year now and he's taken it upon himself to try championing for the victims.

New FB post from Russell: "Looking for a cheap or free working sewing machine in peoria area..will travel to pick up"

So I thought, Well, it's back on again, but minutes later, he posted a series of "sad faces." :cry: This shit is going to go on forever.

• 3 weeks later...

So over the last week, Russell defriended and blocked Sarah, then pleaded for her to add him again, then Sarah defriended him, and he pleaded for her back, then he posted an angsty post about how all this love was an illusion and he was deceived, then last night he and David got into a row about whether David would be allowed to be there for the birth of his son... because apparently Russell will be there?

These people have no concept of propriety, it's like watching a train wreck. Most people let their drama play out in private, not on their Facebook walls!

So over the last week, Russell defriended and blocked Sarah, then pleaded for her to add him again, then Sarah defriended him, and he pleaded for her back, then he posted an angsty post about how all this love was an illusion and he was deceived, then last night he and David got into a row about whether David would be allowed to be there for the birth of his son... because apparently Russell will be there?

These people have no concept of propriety, it's like watching a train wreck. Most people let their drama play out in private, not on their Facebook walls!

Whaaaat??? Is there a link to this? I totally missed it. They are freakin' batshit!

Whaaaat??? Is there a link to this? I totally missed it. They are freakin' batshit!

I came looking for your commentary on this, so let us know when you find the links!

There really aren't links. They seem to be deleting things pretty soon after posting. Most things stay up for only a day or so. The post about Sarah's upcoming birth was only up for an hour.

Looks like David applied for an order of protection from Russell on 3/03 and was turned down. I thought David beat up Russell?!?

Sarah Jane applied for an order of protection from David in December (12/12) and they seem to have been lobbing things back and forth - at least they both appear to have attorneys and no one is representing themselves, which is just MIND BOGGLINGLY DUMB and something a lot of people do. They have a mediator, which is a great thing, IMHO.

David has visitation, order of protection still in place.

(All of this is publicly accessible information, as civil court records are public, something that comes as a shock to many. Criminal court records are private, to a certain extent, though once you've been convicted and you're in the system, you can be tracked to see where you're incarcerated and if you've been released.)

It boggles my mind that they continue to put things on public viewing, even after all THREE commented on FB about being aware of FJ rubbernecking.

Seriously, there are children involved with this. Try really hard to not self implode in public viewing people!

"Take it inside, people. Take it inside.' :pull-hair:

One of the many reasons FB doesn't really float my boat. Not sure what it says about western (specifically, USA?) culture that it's not unusual for couples not just to air their dirty linen but the soaking, washing, rinsing, line-drying and folding of it!

• 1 month later...

David holds the new baby (while wearing a Civil War uniform)...

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1431481657109241&set=a.1413101785613895.1073741829.100007422609448&type=1&stream_ref=10

...and Russell holds him the next day.

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202080734560210&set=pcb.10202080756600761&type=1&theater

These people are playing with dynamite.

Seriously . . . Civil War dress in a hospital photo? Weird.

I guess if she's changed her name and is talking with Russell, that must be why she is getting rid of her re-enacting clothes.

I remember reading about this bunch a while back. What a mess. It seems that the baby is not being seen as a person, but as some kind of pawn in the mechanisms of the adults. It's not uncommon, but it's sad.

David holds the new baby (while wearing a Civil War uniform)...

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1431481657109241&set=a.1413101785613895.1073741829.100007422609448&type=1&stream_ref=10

...and Russell holds him the next day.

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202080734560210&set=pcb.10202080756600761&type=1&theater

These people are playing with dynamite.

WTF is wrong with these people? Why is all of this still on FB?

All of these children have only idiots for parents..

Sarah and Russell are friends only. David (they actually eloped against her family's advice) thinks he's going to get back in her good graces. Sarah's got family support and is trying to move on, but keep things civil for the sake of the kids. I've kept mum on this topic, because I actually know Sarah, and I know she's seen this post. It did shock her, and she's trying to do things better, but she can't control what David and Russell post. She is making an effort, and she is tired of drama.

Sarah and Russell are friends only. David (they actually eloped against her family's advice) thinks he's going to get back in her good graces. Sarah's got family support and is trying to move on, but keep things civil for the sake of the kids. I've kept mum on this topic, because I actually know Sarah, and I know she's seen this post. It did shock her, and she's trying to do things better, but she can't control what David and Russell post. She is making an effort, and she is tired of drama.

She can control her "Likes," can't she? If Sarah and Russell are "friends only," why would she "Like" it when he lies (according to you) and posts this: "Spent a great night holding baby Benjamin and Sarah Edwards."

facebook.com/russandlauren/posts/10202073946870522

And as for her being "tired of the drama"... Please.

Dare I ask why that man is dressed like that? Who is Russell? I don't think I want to know what brand of crazy this group is.

Dare I ask why that man is dressed like that? Who is Russell? I don't think I want to know what brand of crazy this group is.

The guy in the Civil War get-up is David, Sarah's estranged (?) husband and the baby's father. He is dressed like that because he is a reenactor who fantasizes about actually living in the 1860s. (At least I think so. He had/has a blog, but he is so close to illiterate that it's hard to figure out what his agenda is.) Russell is Sarah's on-again, off-again boyfriend. I don't know what kind of fundie David and Sarah are. I don't think Russell is a fundie. Maybe Sarah isn't one anymore.

The guy in the Civil War get-up is David, Sarah's estranged (?) husband and the baby's father. He is dressed like that because he is a reenactor who fantasizes about actually living in the 1860s. (At least I think so. He had/has a blog, but he is so close to illiterate that it's hard to figure out what his agenda is.) Russell is Sarah's on-again, off-again boyfriend. I don't know what kind of fundie David and Sarah are. I don't think Russell is a fundie. Maybe Sarah isn't one anymore.

David seriously fantasizes about going back to life in the 1860's, and he's gone further in that direction since the break-up. Before the break-up, he was already physically and mentally abusive. This guy has practically made an idol out of white supremacy. I'm surprised he doesn't also throw a white sheet over his Confederate uniform. As you saw, he wears that stuff even when not doing reenactments. I've personally got nothing against reenacting, which some people use to try to better their understanding of a different time, even people who they don't agree with, but this guy doesn't want to just reenact on weekends. He wants to really, really live it on a daily basis in real life. Sarah was his property, so he thought he had the right to hit her.

Russell was a friend of theirs, and he and Sarah fell for each other. They went back and forth on dating, and it did start before she and David broke up. He's not fundie, though is devout and into some old ways. He's a single dad raising a daughter with a terminal illness. They are not dating, and there was a period where they weren't talking. He's Sarah's closest male friend right now.

Sarah's moving away from fundydom. She's moving away from drama. It's not an overnight process, and she's got deprogramming to do. She isn't from a fundy family, but fell for David and got into it with him. She's come a long way since the break-up, but still have a longer way to go. I think she could end up on the liberal side. She's already starting to open up and support people and rights she wouldn't have before. I'm just going to be a friend and support her right now and keep trying to sway her further away from that mess. So many of her friends are doing the same, and some of her fundy friends are dropping off.

Archived