IGNORED

Romantic History's Sarah Jane Leaves Husband

DomWackTroll

Sarah Jane from Romantic History is leaving neo-Confederate husband David, because: "...it is a lie to live cowered down, hiding, pretending to be something you are not. To follow the formula of wifely submission even when the line between spiritual guidance and plain abuse is crossed."

romantichistory.blogspot.com/2014/01/new-years-confessions.html

She is pregnant with their fifth child:

romantichistory.blogspot.com/2014/01/24-weeks.html

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for her for leaving an unhealthy situation. Many people don't/can't do that. I'm sorry for the pain she's going through.

I'm sure every divorce is a hard journey, but I guess it's going to be really hard for Sarah Jane, with small children and coming from an ideal of wifely submission.

I wish her strength when she needs it, loving friends for when strength fails, wisdom in her choices and spiritual comfort (of whatever form) if she desires it.

Good for her, but I agree she's in for a hard journey with 4, soon to be 5 small children, a church community who will condemn her, limited education, and a whole heap of religious brainwashing to work through. I hope she has support from friends and family.

She's shown remarkable strength simply by taking this first step, and I hope that inner strength stays with her and grows even stronger.

Can someone tell me more about this person. Like is her husband a jerk or not a good father.

Here's David's long-neglected blog; it'll tell you all you need to know:

therebelchristianpatriot.blogspot.com/

Here's David's long-neglected blog; it'll tell you all you need to know:

therebelchristianpatriot.blogspot.com/

Now that's a one-track mind.

I take some satisfaction in the fact that he's one of those people who didn't think through what would happen when he put two words together for a blog title:

therebelchristianpatriot

Sarah Jane is crazy talented and I wish her the very best. I just meandered over to David's site and oh my..hopefully she'll have a revelation and limit the kids' exposure to that idgit.

I wish her the best and she finds a new life. This is going to be hard and I'm not sure how much support she will have.

I wish her and her children all the best. I hope she has access to helpful resources to support her as she gets out of this lifestyle.

I have a friend in a similar situation. My friend is 30 years old, very devout Catholic, traditional home-schooling SAHM, and her 5th baby was only 2 months old when she left her husband. She moved across the country to a sibling's apartment (her family is rather dysfunctinal so this was a huge break for her). It's been about one year (no contact with ex) and she still struggles but is starting to thrive again. :)

It's been a long road for her - had to put the kids in school, get a full-time job for the first time, figure out housing, etc, but thank God she's pulled through. Hopefully Sarah Jane will be able to do the same.

Really she was beaten? How horrible.

Well, she doesn't say that.

He seems not only a little nuts but rather... intellectually limited.

I wish her and her children all the best. I hope she has access to helpful resources to support her as she gets out of this lifestyle.

Those poor kids. Their future will be shuttling between two homes with two different lifestyles and beliefs. Daddy will not make it easy on anyone I'm betting.

I love, LOVE RomanticHistory, and I've been reading since the birth of her third son. Sarah Jane rocks my socks. That said, it may be a bit soon to celebrate. (Full disclosure: I follow her on Facebook.) Yes, she and David split for a while. To my understanding, she starting "seeing" a mutual friend of theirs about six months ago. (We will call him "R.") She and David made a show of celebrating their anniversary in September (Blog post from October 2), but she was already seeing the other guy at that point. I'm not sure when she asked David to leave, or if he left on his own, but she tellingly didn't put any pictures up from the family Christmas celebration this year. I suspect David left in early-mid November. She was staying with her children away from the home around the middle of that month. (Blog post Nov. 19 alludes to this, as well as visiting "a friend.")

She celebrated a late Christmas with "R" and his daughter, while David had the occasional emotional freak-out on Facebook and deleted his account a few times. Earlier this week, David (new account) started commenting on her posts with comments like "yes, my love", and yesterday, he changed his relationship status to "Married." Meanwhile, "R" made a post about how his "relationship of six months" had ended with a "fuck you and don't text." So apparently, Sarah has booted "R" and taken David back. I'm not sure if they are back under the same roof, but there you have it.

I don't particularly like David; he comes across as an oaf, a bully and an all-around jerk. But, he seems to have grown up A LOT in the past few years, and I really thought he had improved after the birth of their daughter last year. The surprise pregnancy seems to have been the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Sarah seems to have realized her mistake with David a long time ago, but she was making the most of it. However, I'm not surprised if they get back together. Sarah has no way to support herself and 5 small children, no way to pay rent, and a super-conservative family that probably won't offer a lot of support in this situation. Especially since it looks like Sarah may have initiated an adulterous affair.

It will be really interesting to see how all of this pans out. I had hoped that she really did intend to start anew, but then I saw that she was basically hopping from the frying pan to the fire with this random other ignorant redneck. It was really disheartening.

If "R" is who I think it is, well... You could see it coming a mile away. He was obviously in love with her for many years.

ETA: Okay, I figured out who it is and it's not who I thought it was. I thought it was "P." "R" is... interesting, huh? Oh, Sarah Jane...

ETAA: Nothing says "Let's work it out" like sharing a neo-Confederate meme:

facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1404833703107370&id=100007422609448&stream_ref=10

If "R" is who I think it is, well... You could see it coming a mile away. He was obviously in love with her for many years.

ETA: Okay, I figured out who it is and it's not who I thought it was. I thought it was "P." "R" is... interesting, huh? Oh, Sarah Jane...

ETAA: Nothing says "Let's work it out" like sharing a neo-Confederate meme:

facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1404833703107370&id=100007422609448&stream_ref=10

I know! "P" has been drooling at her door since they were teenagers. (Not sure where they met since SJ is a product of SOTDRT.) "R" seems to have been known to both of them, but if David ever explicitly how they knew R before, it was in a post that has been deleted from one of his former Facebook accounts.

Frankly, I'm surprised that P hasn't expressed frustration at SJ picking someone else over him, but he seems like his usual self. (Other than the fact his house apparently burned down a few months ago. No updates on that, but he's been back online for at least a month.)

Sarah still hasn't updated her marital status, or made any effort to erase R's presence from her Facebook account. On the other hand, she didn't do much to it when David left. Who knows? Maybe this whole thing will be a kick in the pants to Bully Meister, and they'll live happily ever after. :?

She liked a new-Confederate meme, but she also has a picture of MLK on her FB page. Oooookay.... :roll:

Archived