IGNORED

Romantic History's Sarah Jane Leaves Husband

DomWackTroll

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, I've known far, far too many women who mustered the courage to leave an abuser simply because they were tried kinder by another man and ended up in relationship with that other man. Just as sadly, when an abuse victim is herself not healthy, those relationship are also rarely healthy.

This guy seems like a great father of a special needs kiddo. He would do far better to focus on his kiddo and leave Sarah Jean and David to sort out their crazy themselves.

Ugh. I completely agree with you.

Russell has posted fairly recently about his daughter's ongoing surgical needs and health situation. She definitely needs more of his attention than he's been giving her. His feed alone is staggering in its inconsistency. She "broke up" with him less than a week ago, and now she's his girlfriend again. David's status as a "soon to be ex" seems more assured under the circumstances, but who knows?

Frankly, I think that Sarah is directing most of this chaos, even if she doesn't mean to. This is a possible side effect of a quasi-fundy upbringing. She never had a true adolescence, so all of the highschool boyfriend crap is now playing itself out across facebook while her four-almost-five kids look on.

I actually use to have conversations with one of my Professors who did a lot of research on fundamentalism (wrote a book on the Phelps family after eight years of studying and interviewing them) and we used to discuss that the repression these fundies undergo, especially females, often causes a delayed adolescence.

Fundies want to get their girls married young and fast, thinking that once they have children they will be entrapped in that world and it will be so much harder for them to leave. It IS harder for them to leave, but just as importantly, when they can take it no longer, they drag these young children through the chaos of delayed rebellion and having to learn who they are that they were never allowed to do previously because Fundies teens do not have rebellion, according to the paradigm framework.

Sarah Jane tells Russell on his Facebook page: "Love you for who you are and what you did, though there's no denying you and I are crazy and its a crazy bad bad situation."

I just came in to say the same thing! Here's the Facebook convo as it stands now (less what's already been posted)-

Mark Slagel was to go dumb ass. did u atleast hit him once?

17 hours ago · 1

Russell L DeJaynes Jr No..i was emotional and not thinking...it was the worst fight on my part...simply pathetic. Kinda like you getting a boot to the head Mark..hahaha remember that one. Yep u definately need to up my skills.

16 hours ago · 1

Russell L DeJaynes Jr He wasnt even a very good fighter..strong punches..but if i could have remained calmer through the pain..i should have easily taken him. Never in five years when i was a cop did i give someone the upperhand. But at the sametime..i let him hit my head..i know DEJAYNES HAVE SUPER THICK HEADS..You cant kill us by hitting our heads..or much else for that matter. If there is a next time ill be better prepared.

16 hours ago · 1

Sarah Jane Meister Love you for who you are and what you did, though there's no denying you and I are crazy and its a crazy bad bad situation.

about an hour ago · 1

So, I guess that the break-up didn't stick, and that David's restoration of their "married" status was purely optimistic. This has gone from "Days of Our Lives" to "True Stories of the Highway Patrol" in less than a week.

Well, one things for sure, 30 blows, five stitches and five steristrips and yeah, there are going to be legal consequences of that decision, whether she is willing to leave David or not. This guy appears to be a former cop. I don't see him NOT filing charges for the attack.

I just came in to say the same thing! Here's the Facebook convo as it stands now (less what's already been posted)-

Mark Slagel was to go dumb ass. did u atleast hit him once?

17 hours ago · 1

Russell L DeJaynes Jr No..i was emotional and not thinking...it was the worst fight on my part...simply pathetic. Kinda like you getting a boot to the head Mark..hahaha remember that one. Yep u definately need to up my skills.

16 hours ago · 1

Russell L DeJaynes Jr He wasnt even a very good fighter..strong punches..but if i could have remained calmer through the pain..i should have easily taken him. Never in five years when i was a cop did i give someone the upperhand. But at the sametime..i let him hit my head..i know DEJAYNES HAVE SUPER THICK HEADS..You cant kill us by hitting our heads..or much else for that matter. If there is a next time ill be better prepared.

16 hours ago · 1

Sarah Jane Meister Love you for who you are and what you did, though there's no denying you and I are crazy and its a crazy bad bad situation.

about an hour ago · 1

So, I guess that the break-up didn't stick, and that David's restoration of their "married" status was purely optimistic. This has gone from "Days of Our Lives" to "True Stories of the Highway Patrol" in less than a week.

I was thinking more Reno 911!

David on FB: "well I'm back from being attacked and falsely accused please pray for my family thank you first to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who answers my prayers thank you for all the prayer warriors out there thank you for all the emotional and spiritual support those who know me feel free to PM me"

Frankly, I think that Sarah is directing most of this chaos, even if she doesn't mean to. This is a possible side effect of a quasi-fundy upbringing. She never had a true adolescence, so all of the highschool boyfriend crap is now playing itself out across facebook while her four-almost-five kids look on.

ITA. This is high-school-level drama among people who have even less discretion than most teenagers. Sarah and her boyfriend are both parents and should be far, far beyond this kind of nonsense. I wonder how aware of the situation the oldest kids are. It's so destabilizing and must be scary for them.

David has omitted the "Married to Sarah Jane" update from his wall, and Russell has started posting sappy memes to Sarah's. Meanwhile, Sarah apparently pulled the plug on whatever veil of secrecy she was using on her feed, and alllllll of these little conversations between she and Russell have suddenly become visible. This is from Feb. 15:

Thank you Sarah Meister my love. He maketh me lie down in green pastures he leadeth me beside still waters. Tonight i felt and understood that meaning. A brief yet beautiful rest..safe secure ..home.

Like ·

Sarah Jane Meister likes this.

Sarah Jane Meister I am always home when I am with you. When everything else fades away or doesn't matter for a time. I love you. I love you. I love you.

February 15 at 8:23am · Like · 1

(Sorry for the copypasta. I'm not learned in the ways of screen-shots.)

I don't see how her kids aren't aware of what's going on. It seems likely that whatever rutting stag show went down between David and Russell must have happened in her vicinity. But, I really hope the kiddos didn't see it. All the more annoying is Sarah's attitude throughout this, which is NOT the "I am aware of my husband's abuse and so now I'm making a new life without him" tone that she used on her blog post after the New Year. Her attitude on Facebook has been far more along the "You can't help who you fall in love with" line.

This can not end well.

Sarah's Facebook says they "met" in August, but if that were true, would this be the reaction from their mutual friends?

"Really??? It's about time."

"Damn, it's about time."

facebook.com/romantichistory?and=russandlauren

I really wonder about that baby's paternity. And either way, I feel bad for him.

ETA: The link was working, then not working, then working again. She sure is tweaking that page.

Sarah Jane is crazy talented and I wish her the very best. I just meandered over to David's site and oh my..hopefully she'll have a revelation and limit the kids' exposure to that idgit.

Good luck with that. David will have visitation and you can bet he will do everything in his power to convince those kids that their mother is a harlot and his is the correct way to live and believe.

They are in a very conservative area of the state. David could walk away with full custody given how blatant her affair is. And, if the fight is deemed that they were both at fault, he could get off without legal ramifications. Furthermore, if they are fighting in front of the children, both of them could potentially lose custody because domestic violence in front of your children is considered child abuse.

Russell is 40 and appears to have custody of his special needs child. He needs to walk away and leave their drama to their own crash and burn behaviors.

By her own dates on FB, she got pregnant end of July or first of August. She has five children that depend upon her, and I don't see evidence this man is going to support her and those children. If her marriage is a wreck, then she needs to focus on getting herself and her children healthy and safe NOT living the high school drama she missed out on a decade ago.

I just looked back through her (restored) post history and realized that she discovered her pregnancy AFTER she "met" Russell. The date marker could mean a lot of things, but it obviously represents a significant moment in what she has decided is their current relationship. In other words, I wonder if there is any possibility that this isn't David's child? She and Russell are pretty vocal about their physical relationship, and the timing sort of works.

David's lamentations about "his last son" strongly suggest that he feels that it's definitely his baby, for now. When the child support payments come due, I wonder if he will feel the same way. :?

I just looked back through her (restored) post history and realized that she discovered her pregnancy AFTER she "met" Russell. The date marker could mean a lot of things, but it obviously represents a significant moment in what she has decided is their current relationship. In other words, I wonder if there is any possibility that this isn't David's child? She and Russell are pretty vocal about their physical relationship, and the timing sort of works.

David's lamentations about "his last son" strongly suggest that he feels that it's definitely his baby, for now. When the child support payments come due, I wonder if he will feel the same way. :?

I'm not seeing these restored posts. Is there something I have to do?

Good luck with that. David will have visitation and you can bet he will do everything in his power to convince those kids that their mother is a harlot and his is the correct way to live and believe.

I left that comment after quickly reading through her blog and then an infuriating read through his. We're a social media free family ( and thank God), so I had no idea of the romper room like activity on all three of their LameBook accounts. I also had no idea she was cheating. Sounds as if social services should be involved after reading the newest updates on this post.

I'm not seeing these restored posts. Is there something I have to do?

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to. I'm definitely not doing anything different. That's why I assumed she'd changed her privacy settings on some of the posts. Before yesterday, her feed history was pretty sparse and didn't include any posts directly from Russell. Now, there's several memes, some going back weeks, as well as some posts from Peter and a family member that were made fairly recently (but chronologically dated before her last personal post to the wall with the bump pic). The "Sarah Jane Met Someone" post changed to specifically say "Sarah Jane met Russell..." at the same time.

David, keeping it together and totally sane as always:

David M. Meister

44 minutes ago · Edited

WHY?

Oh my David. My Judah my little boy Malachi! My Sweet Sweet Anne! To my boy Benjamin whom the Father Is still knitting May he always know us both. But where is she that carries him?

Lost. Lost! Only He that knits My Son together may find her.

Like · · Share

They are in a very conservative area of the state. David could walk away with full custody given how blatant her affair is. And, if the fight is deemed that they were both at fault, he could get off without legal ramifications. Furthermore, if they are fighting in front of the children, both of them could potentially lose custody because domestic violence in front of your children is considered child abuse.

Russell is 40 and appears to have custody of his special needs child. He needs to walk away and leave their drama to their own crash and burn behaviors.

I have to contradict the idea that they live in a very conservative area. It is true that downstate Illinois is not exactly super liberal but the area isn't crazy conservative. Especially the more urban areas around Peoria.

Sarah on FB: "I hate to post negative things but for whoever is on my friends list from this "local" area and has been posting derogatory remarks on a horrible site known as 'free jinger' I am very disappointed a 'friend' would stoop to such levels of malicious gossip. I am cleaning my friends list today to remove those whom I personally do not know well. If you have questions have the maturity to ask me and I will honestly talk to you. But do not talk about me or my family or others I care about behind my back."

Um, Sarah: The "friend" who made this sordid mess public is YOU.

"They have 'discussed' both me as well as other people I know on this site in the past. They assume without knowing facts, they piece together a big picture with knowing only tiny bits of truth. FWIW, yes, David and I are no longer together due to various unpleasant circumstances. He has a 2 year Order of Protection and no longer lives with me or the children. I do not wish to discuss the painful various circumstances that led to me seeking both 2 emergency OPs and this final 2 year one. Yes, the baby is his. Yes, I have been seeing someone else off and on. David was arrested Saturday night for physical acts of violence against this other person and got out after posting 10% of a $30,000 bond on Monday afternoon. He is being charged with several felonies and will go before jury in May. He has visitation rights with the children several times per week. I do not like to speak of this publically and have avoided doing so. But there is the long story short. So Free Jinger, get your facts straight. I am not blameless but neither will I be a victim after living that life for 8 years."

Certainly no one here was asking you to be a victim. Quite the opposite.

Archived