IGNORED

Maxwell Update" Anna-Marie in "Active" Labor

0 kids n not countin

We would appreciate your prayers as Anna Marie appears to be in active labor. Please pray for her and Baby during this time. We look forward to sharing news with you!

Sarah for all the rest

Maybe I'm ignorant, but is there a difference between active & passive labor?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm ignorant, but is there a difference between active & passive labor?

I think she means the contractions are regular and painful, as opposed to the irregular and uncomfortable contractions one can have in the days (or even weeks) leading up to labor.

First there's early labor when things get started. This is the "latent" phase. Active labor is when things really pick up, are regular, and the body is preparing to deliver the baby.

Phew, good thing they scheduled that hour to discuss baby names! I'm thinking it's a boy and he'll be Andrew Steven.

I hope the bible verses Teri is reading at her are helping with the pain.

Actually, I hope that in transition she tells Teri to shut up and leave her alone to have her baby in peace. Surely even engrained submission goes away in transition? I didn't care about anything but the baby coming out at that point and could barely tolerate midwives distracting me with necessary instructions. Anyone reading anything at me would have been dispatched quickly.

Phew, good thing they scheduled that hour to discuss baby names! I'm thinking it's a boy and he'll be Andrew Steven.

I like that name! Does anyone know the name of Anna Marie's father? They could use his name instead of Steve's.

My guess: a boy named Samuel.

So, I wonder if Steve is there with his catchers mitt to catch the baby... :lol: :cray-cray:

No, no, no, NO!!! Catcher's mitts are SPORTS paraphernalia!!!! They must shelter the children from the ebil sports!!!!!!Eleventy!!!!!!!

Why can't she have a real doula instead of Ma Maxwell quoting the bible while the woman is in labor?

Really? That's going to happen!! Gross!! If I ever have kids the only person I would want is my husband & doctor/nurses!

Why can't she have a real doula instead of Ma Maxwell quoting the bible while the woman is in labor?

Probably because a real doula wouldn't remind her that she was suffering for Eve's sin in the garden of Eden and that bringing forth children in great pain was her path to redemption.

Well... I hope it goes well for her, and I hope it was HER desire to have a homebirth...

Same here!! But I wonder if Christopher/Steve tried to influence this. Considering he could not do so w/ Melanie.

Woot -- baby watch! Go, NR-Anna! And yeah, I'm sure Stevie's fired up the laminator and is assembling that kid's first chore pack as we speak. Of course, not knowing the gender of the baby, he'll have to make two different packs.

Well... I hope it goes well for her, and I hope it was HER desire to have a homebirth...

I think even Stevie knows he needs to stay out of the work of birthin' babies that aren't his. I think he leaves those choices up to his sons and their wives.

Blog has been updated with a bright pink square. Looks like they've had a little girl - I hope all is well.

Her dad's name is Scott

I like that name! Does anyone know the name of Anna Marie's father? They could use his name instead of Steve's.

My guess: a boy named Samuel.

Archived