IGNORED

Maxwell Update" Anna-Marie in "Active" Labor

0 kids n not countin

This may make me sound like I'm 100 years old....but I am having a hard time grasping the concept of modern social niceties that include a requirement that the first priority after giving birth is to ensure that someone post the important details online :shock: .

They asked for prayers. They posted a pink square. THEY asked, they could have kept everything to themselves. It would be nice to follow up with a quick "everyone is ok". I never said they should post details.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair comment, and for the most part I agree. However, this is the Maxwells. The normal social niceties dont apply.

In this case though, Sarah has probably used the 15 minute timeslot she's been allocated for updating the blog today, and she's not allowed to go on the computer until tomorrow. There are ceiling fans to clean and lots and lots of Bible verses to be read. These things dont do themselves you know.

Fair comment, and for the most part I agree. However, this is the Maxwells. The normal social niceties dont apply.

In this case though, Sarah has probably used the 15 minute timeslot she's been allocated for updating the blog today, and she's not allowed to go on the computer until tomorrow. There are ceiling fans to clean and lots and lots of Bible verses to be read. These things dont do themselves you know.

In one of his emails (the day before yesterday) he accused me of being hateful and slandering (I wasn't, I just disagreed with him) in contrast to him, being always kind and respectful.

In one of his emails (the day before yesterday) he accused me of being hateful and slandering (I wasn't, I just disagreed with him) in contrast to him, being always kind and respectful.

Wow Latraviata! You're really having one heck of an ongoing email exchange with Steve! Would you be comfortable telling us what you said that was so hateful? (I think it's allowed to paraphrase what is said in a private email here. But disregard if I am wrong).

Regarding updating the blog; yeah a quick Mom and baby are doing fine would be nice. Not required, but nice.

I recall when Melanie had her last baby, Sarah left everybody hanging with a sentence that left us wondering if everything was ok. Don't recall her exact words

It turns out Melanie needed to have a C-section, so the birth didn't go exactly as planned, but Sarah made it sound like a health issue before she blogged again and cleared it up.

They updated the blog with a picture and the name Ruthanne Elizabeth. No word on Anna Marie although I guess we can assume she is fine.

Joe - zing!! (Elizabeth)

Ooh, that NR Anna is a sly momma! Giving her child THREE Biblical names wrapped up in two!!!!

She's Steve's favorite, and I betcha he TELLS the others!!!!

ETA: I'm guessing the pronunciation is simply Ruth Anne. Ruth the grandmother a zillion times over of Jesus of Nazareth and Anne the grandmother of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Elizabeth a cousin to the BVM and mother of John The Baptizer.

ETAA: Not enough to put the kid in a pink gingham sleeper, no, gotta put the danged headband with flower on it.

You know, this is SO bogus. It's GUYS who are always concerned about showing their manliness and of course comparing sizes. I call for a new tradition have had a revelation: male babies must be dressed with headbands (blue or black in color, of course) with little tiny fedoras where the flowers and bows go on girl-babies' stupidass headbands.

Or if not fedoras, little heads, to prove they are headships-in-training from the get-go.

Or a little bitty penis, because after all, that's the antenna that brings them closer to God than any mere nasty woman could EVER be.

Or a little bitty toy brit milah (scalpel used in bris/circumcision) because .... oh, well, you know.

Yep, the next iteration of Vision Forum Merchandise could make a TON on this line of products!!!!! :cracking-up:

Edited a third time to reflect the correct relationship of St. Anne to the Blessed Virgin. (mah Lutheran bad!)

P.s. Love her initials. REM. named after the rock band. Maybe Chris listens on the sly!?!? So glad they took so much care choosing a name with meaningful initials!

Ruth doesn't surprise me (though I expected Rebecca), but adding the Anne does.

Did they really need that? Did they really want to name her Anne, but thought there were too many Annas and Annes around?

And what is up with so many freaking Annas and Annes? Their friends Dave and Liz just named their daughter Anna.

The Elizabeth really, really, really surprises me, after the Elizabeth Munck debacle. Is Elizabeth Anna Marie's mother's name? Did they name her after their friend Liz?

I'm hoping they offer a post explaining the name, like they did with Joshua.

I love, love, love that name. Love everything about it. Biblical like they wanted, old-fashioned and sweet. With all the gazillion Madysyns and Mackynzies running around, Ruthanne is a breath of fresh air, I think.

That name hits close to home. A friend of mine who passed away suddenly at a young age a few weeks ago was named Ruthanne. She was the most joyful and free person I ever knew, and she also loved Jesus more than anyone I've ever met. She changed so many people's lives for the better, but she never could have if she lived under the oppression of the Maxwellian lifestyle. I can only hope that this little Ruthanne isn't burdened by her grandparents' twisted ideology for the rest of her life.

That name hits close to home. A friend of mine who passed away suddenly at a young age a few weeks ago was named Ruthanne. She was the most joyful and free person I ever knew, and she also loved Jesus more than anyone I've ever met. She changed so many people's lives for the better, but she never could have if she lived under the oppression of the Maxwellian lifestyle. I can only hope that this little Ruthanne isn't burdened by her grandparents' twisted ideology for the rest of her life.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry:

The headband is stupid, the baby is very cute, the name is a surprise (especially the Elizabeth part, but I guess they won't use her middle name on an everyday basis, so it doesn't really matter).

If one really wanted to put the name Elizabeth under the microscope, it could also be interpreted as a big FUCK YOU to Ms. Munck. As in, "See how little you matter to us? Not only have we erased you from our blog, but from our memories as well. So much so that it never even occurred to us that the name Elizabeth would conjure up painful memories. Neener, neener, neener."

Apparently, whapping hairbows on newborn girls is a thing with hospitals too. Three people I know of have sent me those newborn pix that you can get from the hospital photographer and in every one, the girls have hairbows that are bigger than their heads. :roll:

Not only did they use Elizabeth as a middle name but I believe the Muncks have a Ruth as well? Ruth Ella or Ruth Anne? It's a cute name for a very cute baby girl.

So sorry for your loss Sing.

I recently saw an ultrasound picture with a pink bow on the fetus's head.

Ruth doesn't surprise me (though I expected Rebecca), but adding the Anne does.

Did they really need that? Did they really want to name her Anne, but thought there were too many Annas and Annes around?

And what is up with so many freaking Annas and Annes? Their friends Dave and Liz just named their daughter Anna.

The Elizabeth really, really, really surprises me, after the Elizabeth Munck debacle. Is Elizabeth Anna Marie's mother's name? Did they name her after their friend Liz?

I'm hoping they offer a post explaining the name, like they did with Joshua.

I have the same reaction. I love the name Ruth (it was on the short list if we had had a girl) because it is so simple and classic, and sounds strong to me. But Ruthanne? Why not Ruth Elizabeth, and call it a day? Or Ruth Anne (but yes, there are too dang many Annas in that crowd)?

Also surprised about Elizabeth. Maybe it's an *in your face* choice.

I love, love, love that name. Love everything about it. Biblical like they wanted, old-fashioned and sweet. With all the gazillion Madysyns and Mackynzies running around, Ruthanne is a breath of fresh air, I think.

+1

I do like that, in general, fundies stick with classic, old-fashioned names.

I have the same reaction. I love the name Ruth (it was on the short list if we had had a girl) because it is so simple and classic, and sounds strong to me. But Ruthanne? Why not Ruth Elizabeth, and call it a day? Or Ruth Anne (but yes, there are too dang many Annas in that crowd)?

Also surprised about Elizabeth. Maybe it's an *in your face* choice.

I think she's Ruthanne and not just Ruth because they wanted to name her after Anna. Isn't Joshua's middle name Christopher after his dad? I think Ruthanne is a cute name and the baby is beautiful. Hate the headband though.

I recently saw an ultrasound picture with a pink bow on the fetus's head.

How the heck did a pink bow get in there?? :lol:

Ruthanne is a pretty name. It does sound nice with Elizabeth. And Joe need not fear. If by any chance another Ruthanne joins the Maxwell clan, the other Ruthanne will have to go by her middle name, not this Ruthanne.

ETA: I guess that settles the question about whether they will continue with J names. Now, will Melanie and Nathan continue with their ABC pattern?

What is amusing to me is that up until the 19th century pink was associated with boys. Personally, I get sick of trying to find a color other than pink/purple for a girl baby and blue for a boy. What is wrong with green, yellow, white and the other colors in the crayon box?

So you do think if I posted a comment that says "Mazal tov!" Steve would approve it?

Nah.... :mrgreen:

I think she's Ruthanne and not just Ruth because they wanted to name her after Anna. Isn't Joshua's middle name Christopher after his dad? I think Ruthanne is a cute name and the baby is beautiful. Hate the headband though.

I have nothing against the name, I'm just super surprised by it coming from them.

If they wanted to name her after Anna Marie, they could have done Ruth Anne, or Ruth Anna. Now they have 3 members of their family with Anne/Anna in the first name. That seems a little much.

Especially when they decided to use Elizabeth as a middle name, which, given the experience with Elizabeth Munck, is extra odd.

Archived