IGNORED

Yes, Lori Alexander went there.....

I missed that. I did wonder a bit if there was infertility. I wonder what Lori's take is on it.

Again, this can also be over sharing. Did Alyssa give permission to talk about infertility, if there's an issue, on her parents public blog?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, this can also be over sharing. Did Alyssa give permission to talk about infertility, if there's an issue, on her parents public blog?

Who knows if Alyssa gave permission for her parents to mention it. I think maybe the situation is like this, Lori feels bad for her daughter and decided to not mention the infertility on the blog, but Ken isn't like that and he mentions it on the comment sections.

I may be inviting disagreement or offense here, but this post of Lori's got me thinking.

To be honest, her interpretation of the role of husband and wife is probably how the writer(s) of the passage intended it to be interpreted. If women are inferior in every way to men (which they were widely considered to be) it only makes sense that should be disciplined when they misbehave. After all, we discipline children- with love, of course, but still. Nowadays, however, this puts most people off, so the more conservative Christians come up with things like 'complementarianism' and write about how men and women are completely equal, but have different roles, how it's wrong to beat your wife, etc.. This view has never made much sense to me. I'd rather they just come right out and say they think women are inferior (I know SSM has said she thinks women are inferior, I don't know if Lori actually has, but she did praise SSM's post on the topic).

In my view, either people are equal or they are not. 'Separate but equal' makes no sense. I kind of want to point all the people I know who take the Bible literally to Lori's and Sunshinemary's blogs and say 'this is what you believe, you know that right?'

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who doesn't take the Bible literally. Maybe there is something I am missing. It just seems to me that beliefs like Lori's are where biblical literalism ultimately leads.

(On second thoughts, I think a lot of this depends on how the command for husbands to love their wives is interpreted)

/ramble ramble

If husbands are to love their wives like Jesus loves the church, then they should be kind, patient, forgiving and totally selfless as Jesus was. Jesus didn't give his disciples time outs or extra chores. He helped others and was not impressed with hypocrites or Pharisees who cared so much about outward appearance.

Lori and ssm want to be in Dom/sub relationships but can't recognize or admit it.

If husbands are to love their wives like Jesus loves the church, then they should be kind, patient, forgiving and totally selfless as Jesus was. Jesus didn't give his disciples time outs or extra chores. He helped others and was not impressed with hypocrites or Pharisees who cared so much about outward appearance.

Lori and ssm want to be in Dom/sub relationships but can't recognize or admit it.

THIS! QFT....all of it. Not once did Jesus say that husbands should beat their wives and kids. Nope, he never did. Hitting and beating are not acts of love. Also, Jesus said not to provoke children to anger.

Sunshine Mary has read Lori's post and responded to it:sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2014/01/19/the-flower-of-rebellion/

She is upset by the women who left comments saying that it's not OK for men to discipline their wives. They are rebellious shrews apparently.

My eyes have been rolling around in my head. Lori is a pretentious twat who doesn't even understand what blasphemy means. It is the act of ascribing attributes to God that are not attributes of God. Like saying "God is finite". You cannot "blaspheme the Word of God". Blasphemy is against God alone.

Two dollar words and theological cover so a frigid woman can justify that she finally found that some good old fashion kink turns her on.

I simply assumed that the Titus 2 reference to blaspheming meant that if newly-Christian women didn't treat their husbands right (by the standards of Greek society in the 1st century), the husbands would criticize Jesus and the Christian church for ruining their families.

I simply assumed that the Titus 2 reference to blaspheming meant that if newly-Christian women didn't treat their husbands right (by the standards of Greek society in the 1st century), the husbands would criticize Jesus and the Christian church for ruining their families.

That would actually make sense, except the way Lori writes it implies she is actively blaspheming, as opposed to causing Ken to blaspheme because of her behavior.

I have read religious literature and I have read kinky stuff, but I have never read anyone trying to pass off kink as theological revelation before Lori and Ken.

Here is one of Lori's comments on SSM's blog for any sheeple who doubt what she's really about:

I loved the first one! I don’t think he is a believer, but I think most men long for days when women acted like women and loved all the aspects of home life. I enjoyed your post yesterday. My husband and I got a good laugh over it. He told me he would have given me 2 choices…a good spanking or no dishwasher. I told him I would take the spanking any day! {I think most children would prefer a good spanking to time out, being grounded, etc. It is over so much quicker and I think pain is a great teacher.}

It was originally discussed here:

http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewto ... 1&start=20

and here's a oldie from Ken:

Submission does not have to be perfect to be both effective and pleasing to your husband. He just wants to know you are trying, and that when the fight is over, you will come to him and snuggle up and whisper in his ear, "I am so sorry, I have been a very naughty girl. Will you forgive me?"

Here is one of Lori's comments on SSM's blog for any sheeple who doubt what she's really about:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17691&start=20

The fuck? What child wants to be spanked? And Ken's remark? It sounds like he wants a little kinky sex.

OK, Ken and Lori: Some advice from an old bat--Admit and embrace your kink, and stop wrapping it up in Christianness to "justify" it. Then keep it behind closed doors and the HECK off the internet!

:lol: this is getting so funny. It's like they don't get it at all, that it's not even about submission and about sexual innuendo. The whole naughty thing is totally a sexual remark...I've been a very naughty boy/girl, will you spank me is what lots of adults say, even as a joke and it's entirely sexual in meaning. They are so out of touch with reality all I can do is :laughing-rolling:

:lol: this is getting so funny. It's like they don't get it at all, that it's not even about submission and about sexual innuendo. The whole naughty thing is totally a sexual remark...I've been a very naughty boy/girl, will you spank me is what lots of adults say, even as a joke and it's entirely sexual in meaning. They are so out of touch with reality all I can do is :laughing-rolling:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17691&start=20

Submission does not have to be perfect to be both effective and pleasing to your husband. He just wants to know you are trying, and that when the fight is over, you will come to him and snuggle up and whisper in his ear, "I am so sorry, I have been a very naughty girl. Will you forgive me?"

Months ago. when this bit from Ken was new on their blog, and I didn't know much about them (I was new to free jinger) I commented to them that what they were doing was obviously sexual in the eyes of many mainstream people and even more in certain groups. I was blocked. So-- they know. THey know, they know we know, they get off on it and they may get off on it more if some of their true believer followers don't "Get it".

But they know. Certainly Ken does and I can't imagine Lori doesn't.

I can only hope that in this life or the next they end up treated like Michael Pearl would treat a child..no safe word. I wonder if they use on themselves....

Months ago. when this bit from Ken was new on their blog, and I didn't know much about them (I was new to free jinger) I commented to them that what they were doing was obviously sexual in the eyes of many mainstream people and even more in certain groups. I was blocked. So-- they know. THey know, they know we know, they get off on it and they may get off on it more if some of their true believer followers don't "Get it".

But they know. Certainly Ken does and I can't imagine Lori doesn't.

I can only hope that in this life or the next they end up treated like Michael Pearl would treat a child..no safe word. I wonder if they use on themselves....

I totally agree with you that they know. Lori knows too...that's why she commented about spanking on SSM's website, but then pulled the "well golly gee, I never thought of that" bullshit when asked about CDD on her blog. She knows her readers are more fundie and SSM's readers are MRAs. She is playing different songs for different audiences. I bet you anything that if someone quoted the quote Lori made on SSM's blog on Lori's blog she would delete it faster than you could get it typed.

Archived