IGNORED

Yes, Lori Alexander went there.....

If you look at some of Lori's early postings in 2011, she didn't start off as too crazy. She started her blog right before her granddaughter was born. I think over time her readership grew and she started posting shit about "mentoring women" and submissiveness. Like lillith said, she won't admit to the kink or the other aspects of her marriage. She used to blog quite a bit about the granddaughter and she would use pictures of the granddaughter in postings. Her grandson will be turning 1 in a few months and he and his sister aren't mentioned much on the blog.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you look at some of Lori's early postings in 2011, she didn't start off as too crazy. She started her blog right before her granddaughter was born. I think over time her readership grew and she started posting shit about "mentoring women" and submissiveness. Like lillith said, she won't admit to the kink or the other aspects of her marriage. She used to blog quite a bit about the granddaughter and she would use pictures of the granddaughter in postings. Her grandson will be turning 1 in a few months and he and his sister aren't mentioned much on the blog.

I am betting they got a lot of flack for the force feeding post. I am afraid her son has parenting styles similar to Lori and didn't want to end up with CPS on his doorstep.

The problem with Lori is that she won't admit that it's just her kink, and claims that it's biblical, the ONLY right way to live, saved her marriage etc, advocates her kink being inflicted on children, and "mentors" other, perhaps vulnerable, women.

Yes, it's the mentoring that's really concerning. I'm picturing a young bride thinking she deserves to be punished and disciplined by her husband, thinking this is "biblical".

I wish someone from her church would read her blog and put an end to this mentoring.

Yes, it's the mentoring that's really concerning. I'm picturing a young bride thinking she deserves to be punished and disciplined by her husband, thinking this is "biblical".

I wish someone from her church would read her blog and put an end to this mentoring.

I think some people at her church are aware of her and her blog. Lori admitted a couple of times that several women rejected her as a mentor. She attends a megachurch that seems normal, but that church promotes Mark Driscoll crap. Lori has never named her church on her blog, but she gave a couple of details in one posting that made it very easy to find out which church she attends.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I agree with Latraviata on this. Her children, mother, and aunt presumably read her blog. That she discusses these things in front of them strikes me as WAY off.

I am really a sexually liberated old girl, Dutch and all that. Still, the internet is forever. I am not too keen on that kind of exibitionism. My personal sex life is nobody's business and I am not in the least interested in somebody else's.

These modest, and puritan fundies are obsessed with sex, they talk about it all the time, apparantly it is constantly on their minds. That happens because they impose themselves absurd sexual restrictions.

Crazy theory: Lori and ssm are so alike because they're the same person?

If someone is comfortable with it, and I'm not forced to read it, I don't care if someone wants to blog about their sex life. It is not my preference, but that doesn't mean it's not someone else's.

Also, a blog about sex wouldn't necessarily have to be graphic and detailed.

That is really very troubling to me. Honestly, I can't fathom people telling grandma stories on a blog like that. Shit.

I sometimes read a blog like that (I wonder if its the same one?). The couple weren't grandparents when it started, and the woman who writes it writes about her life as well as her dynamic - I really don't see an issue with it, I think it's healthier to be honest about the fact that people in power exchange relationships also live normal lives with kids and jobs etc than 50 Shades type crap where people living that lifestyle are depicted as living in a bubble, divorced from reality. I would have more reservations if she used photos or the kids real names, but she doesn't.

Crazy theory: Lori and ssm are so alike because they're the same person?

If someone is comfortable with it, and I'm not forced to read it, I don't care if someone wants to blog about their sex life. It is not my preference, but that doesn't mean it's not someone else's.

Also, a blog about sex wouldn't necessarily have to be graphic and detailed.

They aren't the same person. Lori blogs under her real name, has photos and you can find her daughter's blog and Ken's professional website.

SSM uses pseudonyms, but still posts photos, and they are very different.

I get a picture of Lori being on the brink, at some point, of leaning toward either mutual submission (preached by Sheila at Love, Honor and Vacuum) or MRA-style hard-core wife submission (preached by SSM). At one point, she said that she read both blogs, and didn't agree with either 100%, but she seems to be moving closer to SSM. Too bad, because Sheila generally gives advice that's perfectly reasonable, likely to improve marriages and sex lives, and will never be confused with abuse.

I don't know if Lori is a drama queen, but she goes out of her way to paint this portrait of her marriage being really bad for the first few years. From her comments back to posters, she really doesn't want to hear about happy marriages. She's said that she never related to them. Something in her mind responds, "well, that works for YOU since you're so PERFECT, but we are flawed and have real problems". She can read a beautiful tribute that a wife writes to a husband, and want to tear it down because She reads about SSM and cabinetman, and instead of thinking, "wow, those marriages sound nasty and insane", she thinks "wow, they really weren't perfect, yet they overcame huge obstacles." The extreme positions and the horrible back stories are part of the appeal. At some level, Lori finds it believable that extreme submission and discipline would work with bad marriages. She doesn't really believe or even understand how a marriage (or any other relationship, including a parent/child one) can work without being in power struggle mode.

Re TMI blogs:

I'm always amazed by how little discretion people have.

Ken and Lori wrote a post together and they bring up SSM and they talk about how Lori blasphemed God for 22 years.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/01/husbands-are-powerless-leaders.html

For 22 years I blasphemed the Word of God. I disrespected, dishonored, and disobeyed my husband. He was raised by a mother who never argued with his father and showed him honor, respect and love. Ken had no clue what to do with me, except to try to win me over by trying to please me.

Most of you think Ken should have simply loved me, which is what he did. But now I wonder? Would I have not been better off if Ken had showed me love by sitting me down and explaining to me the gravity of my sin? If instead of giving in to my strong will, maybe he should have called on me to submit and obey?

Well, now having wasted 22 of the best years of our lives together, I wish Ken would have done whatever it took, in love, to bring me to my senses. I wish his view of love would have told me that I must no longer walk in sin and blaspheme the Word of God. I wonder if Ken should not have set standards of behavior for me, and if I did not meet them, or at least try to meet them , should he have tried to use consequences to discipline me for my own VERY good?

What kind of discipline could he have chosen that might have gotten my attention and made me realize that our marriage was to be husband led, and not led by a wife’s fluctuating emotions and desires? He could have said that every time I got into an argumentative mood with him, I would have to give him a twenty minute massage. Perhaps every time I showed disrespect to him, I had to do all the housework that week without his help. Every time I disobeyed him, he could have figured out some creative discipline that fit the crime that would get my attention and make me at least think twice.

Ken works with some fine Christian men who are being consistently badgered by their "godly" wives. From the comments on the post yesterday, many of you think a husband should do nothing but love their wife when she is difficult and disobedient.

Well, my marriage is proof of what happens when a husband loves a wife and waits patiently for her to change and to come to grips with God’s calling on her life and marriage. Yes, the end results are wonderful, and we now have a great marriage, but all the pain I caused Ken and our marriage can never be erased, nor can those years of strife be remade into years of joy and harmony. Gone, finished, over.

When a part of life is wasted it can never be remade, and that is why I work tirelessly “to teach the younger women” so that they will not fall into the same trap of Satan from which I have been redeemed.

Wives are to win their disobedient husbands without a word, but this admonition is not given to husbands to win their wives. Why? Because husbands are to lead and to love their wives as Christ loves the Church. Christ disciplines the church. Read the book of Hebrews and tell me that Christ is not actively disciplining those who will not submit to and obey his will, precisely because he loves us so much!

Many men are married to rebellious wives. Are these godly heads of the home supposed to stand by powerlessly and allow their wives to manipulate them and control them day after day?

No, husbands can't use a "rod" on their wives. That is specifically used for children by parents according to many verses in Proverbs, but I definitely believe a loving husband should have some power to try and stop his "godly" wife from blaspheming the Word of God.

Apparently many do not take the sin of an unsubmissive wife very seriously, like Sunshine Mary's husband did when he gave her modest discipline by not buying her a new dishwasher when she disobeyed him. He wanted to nip her disobedience in the bud or at least show her that he was not going to be a pushover.

Was it drastic? No. He did not yell, scream, or pout, he just handed out the consequences. It wasn't about the dishwasher. It was about showing leadership and holding his wife accountable for what she said she believes in: The Word of God and submission to her husband.

Ephesians 5:25-27 states, Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her: that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she should be holy and blameless.

If it is Christ’s job to sanctify the church and make her holy, do you not think Christ does whatever he needs to in order to accomplish His will? He sure does and He is first and foremost loving, but He also disciplines us by allowing us to suffer the consequences of our sins and much more.

A loving leader wants his wife to walk in holiness and may use some creative or firm leadership to do that. So long as he is loving in what he does and his motives are right, I believe that according to these verses, this is part of the role of husband as leader.

I know this goes against the sensibilities of the typical American couple, but just ponder what might happen when godly husbands who love and value their wives are willing to gently, firmly, and lovingly lead their wives and family.

If husbands are to be the leaders, they must be given the liberty to lead, as the Spirit leads them, with the only restraint to the leadership being the admonition, “Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the church.” Aside from that admonition, stop telling your husband what he cannot do and instead go to him and challenge him to lead you. Because if you are anything like me, you need his loving leadership in your life to help you walk in holiness, as Christ sanctifies the Church.

***Ken and I wrote this post together! :)

Most of the comments on today's post agree with her. Since many of the comments from yesterday disagreed with her, she may be strongly filtering them today. Such a shame that she is not 'always learning' from others. Ken must have really brainwashed her the last few years, for her to believe such drivel. Normally I would feel sorry for someone in her situation, but in her case, I just can't - everything she writes is just so demeaning towards women, and she has such a warped interpretation of the bible that she actually tries to convince others to believe, regardless of its extremely negative impact. Lori Alexander really is a monster.

I don't have an issue with older people having sex...I just do not understand why a couple would post their sex life on a blog that their own children knowingly read. If they have a blog and discuss it to others that's one thing, but on a family type blog, and one their adult children read...yea, no, that's just odd to me. Personally, I do not care nor do I know or want to know about my parents sex life. Just as they do not know or want to know about mine. It's just a private matter and not something your family needs to hear about. At least be somewhat discreet on a public blog.

This is especially true when you consider how Lori and Ken are all purity, modesty, no sex before marriage types. Hell, she even mentioned the fact that her daughter was a virgin (supposedly) on her wedding night, so yeah, she is way too obsessed with sex and also, as others have said, she openly discusses her kinks as something for everyone. She takes digs at her parents all the time and even took a dig at her own son and DIL for not sleep training her children like she thinks they should. I mean, do any of us really want to know that this couple is totally into kinky stuff. Actually, someone should probably tell them that spanking, punishment, dominance/submission, and all that are sexual kinks and some people like it, but it's not for everyone and that it's okay to have those kinks, but a number of people do not have them. It's all about what works for their relationship, but it's not for everyone and many couples do not want or like it, so please stop telling others that their kinks are somehow Biblical and right. It's just not so.

I have never read Lori's blog; I only know what I read second-hand here. My sense, though, is that it is all a put-on. Someone out there is having a grand old time getting people riled up.

I don't have an issue with older people having sex...I just do not understand why a couple would post their sex life on a blog that their own children knowingly read.

That's a big jump. I didn't say the kids knew about the blog. I don't know if they do.

This is especially true when you consider how Lori and Ken are all purity, modesty, no sex before marriage types. Hell, she even mentioned the fact that her daughter was a virgin (supposedly) on her wedding night, so yeah, she is way too obsessed with sex and also, as others have said, she openly discusses her kinks as something for everyone. She takes digs at her parents all the time and even took a dig at her own son and DIL for not sleep training her children like she thinks they should. I mean, do any of us really want to know that this couple is totally into kinky stuff. Actually, someone should probably tell them that spanking, punishment, dominance/submission, and all that are sexual kinks and some people like it, but it's not for everyone and that it's okay to have those kinks, but a number of people do not have them. It's all about what works for their relationship, but it's not for everyone and many couples do not want or like it, so please stop telling others that their kinks are somehow Biblical and right. It's just not so.

Yeah.

Ken and Lori wrote a post together and they bring up SSM and they talk about how Lori blasphemed God for 22 years.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/01/husbands-are-powerless-leaders.html

I love how its all about blaming Ken for not being a strong leader and stopping her from being a bitch. She's so fucking passive aggressive to him!

She's truly blossoming! I don't even think it's just click bait, I think she's excited that she can finally almost admit that she wants Ken to spank her. If she weren't such an evil monster who applies this garbage to children I'd almost be happy for her.

Hey, when was her last post that had nothing to do with Ken & submission? What did she post about prior to this string of submission?

That's a big jump. I didn't say the kids knew about the blog. I don't know if they do.

Yeah.

I am certain Lori's kids know about her blog. I don't know about other people who talk about sex on a public blog. Lori's relatives have commented on her blog. It's not the same as an older woman talking about her sex life on a blog and maybe others too and that's her blog's focus.

Her kids definitely know about the blog. I recall she had her daughter's IG linked to her site in a posting. Like another person mentioned, I think her son got flack for the force feeding post and that is probably why Lori doesn't mention her grandchildren than much these days.

I think Lori does hold back on posting certain things about her kids. The married daughter is 30 and got married three years ago. She and her husband don't have kids. Lori has talked about people having lots of kids and she said that her son and his wife want a lot of kids. She has kept quiet on her married daughter and kids which is odd since she has done postings about why women should be mothers.

Her kids definitely know about the blog. I recall she had her daughter's IG linked to her site in a posting. Like another person mentioned, I think her son got flack for the force feeding post and that is probably why Lori doesn't mention her grandchildren than much these days.

I think Lori does hold back on posting certain things about her kids. The married daughter is 30 and got married three years ago. She and her husband don't have kids. Lori has talked about people having lots of kids and she said that her son and his wife want a lot of kids. She has kept quiet on her married daughter and kids which is odd since she has done postings about why women should be mothers.

Ken was telling someone in comments that their daughter is struggling with infertility.

No, normal people are not constantly obsessed with showing that one person is in charge of the other, nor do they turn everything into a power struggle.

That's the job of our feline headships. :shifty-kitty: :lol: Sorry, but I just had to insert a little humor.

That's the job of our feline headships. :shifty-kitty: :lol: Sorry, but I just had to insert a little humor.

And my feline headships are female. :lol:

Ken was telling someone in comments that their daughter is struggling with infertility.

I missed that. I did wonder a bit if there was infertility. I wonder what Lori's take is on it.

Archived