IGNORED

I listened so you don't have to: Teri Maxwell

danvillebelle

That's a good question. At this point, Christopher (who talked more about death at his own wedding than his father did :shock: ) is as bad as Steve, but I wonder what they thought before all of the guilt-mongering "give up sports, friends and the musical instrument you actually enjoy or Daddy will weep" shit took effect.

Here's the wedding video, if you want to spend an hour hearing about death and pitying those who have to stand and smile during the whole thing.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20537373bNjtddZ8

Christopher's morbid little speech is near the end.

There was someone he came here once who worked with Nathan in some capacity, she said he had a gym membership. He also allows his daughters to socialize with Melanie's family, which includes evil egg hunts. No doubt he is fundie, but it appears he may not have drank all the kool-aid. Christopher on the other hand, yeah chip off the old Steve.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve could just tell them that certain places in the bible are for married people only. :roll: If he tells them they are not allowed to read these areas until they are married, then they most likely won't.

:angry-banghead:

So, as far as the not correcting your husband, how far does that go?

Do you walk around for miles because he forgot where he parked the car, even if YOU remember?

Don't put the fire out in the kitchen if the stove goes up?

What if the husband got genuinely sick, with... IDK, cancer, or recovering from a heart attack/bypass?

Knowing that little brother has a penis and you don't doesnt necessarily lead to knowing about sex.

I imagine Sarah has figured it out by now. Also, Sarah wasn't always as sheltered as she is now. It's possible she came across the knowledge when the family wasn't as fundy.

That could be what the girls talked about at Sarah's scandalous sleepover when she was 8.

My kids have always been told the mechanics of reproduction when they asked, but some of my nine year old daughters with less forthcoming parents seem to love, in a totally innocent way, talking about the basics of sex when they have sleepovers.

There was someone he came here once who worked with Nathan in some capacity, she said he had a gym membership. He also allows his daughters to socialize with Melanie's family, which includes evil egg hunts. No doubt he is fundie, but it appears he may not have drank all the kool-aid. Christopher on the other hand, yeah chip off the old Steve.

Well, he must be doing it behind daddy's back then, if this post is any indication. It's from the introduction to their short-lived push-up challenge (family blog January 2011) and fitness blog.

Secondly, we are not wanting this to be a catalyst that encourages joining of gyms. We're sure some will disagree with this, but we don’t see gyms as a wholesome environment for Christians. Between the modesty, music, and TV, they aren't edifying. Therefore, our challenge is to encourage physical fitness that can be accomplished at home.

As for sex education, I'm sure they have SOME knowledge on a rudimentary, impersonal level, but as far as the mechanics of it (WHAT goes WHERE :shock: ) and intimacy, that probably has to wait for the wedding. And the Girls are probably taught that when it comes to sex, women are just supposed to lie back and think of Jesus while they pretend to enjoy it for their husband's sake.

I guess it could at least be a clue-she knows that only a man and a woman can make a baby, and I guess it might occur to her that the differences between men and women might be the reason why.

Although maybe I am giving fundies too much credit. Young fundies probably only think it takes a man and a woman to have a baby because God doesn't like gay people, and that babies happen when an angel appears to the woman and tells her that she is going to have a baby, like what happened to Mary in the Bible.

It still might not give them a clue. I mean, up until I discovered tampons, which Sarah probably isn't allowed to use, I didn't even know I HAD a hole big enough for a penis to go through. Unless Sarah has done some exploring, which she would've been actively discouraged from, it's a tad unlikely she knows it's big enough...

I read SoS once, and I don't think it talks about penetration, just heavy petting, kissing, and fondling.

Don't they have women-only gyms where the Maxwells come from? I mean, I don't use them - I like the eye candy at the gym - but I have a lot of friends who go there.

That's a good question. At this point, Christopher (who talked more about death at his own wedding than his father did :shock: ) is as bad as Steve, but I wonder what they thought before all of the guilt-mongering "give up sports, friends and the musical instrument you actually enjoy or Daddy will weep" shit took effect.

Here's the wedding video, if you want to spend an hour hearing about death and pitying those who have to stand and smile during the whole thing.

Thanks for posted the link to the wedding. She was 24 when they got married? I think Christopher was over 30.

Don't they have women-only gyms where the Maxwells come from? I mean, I don't use them - I like the eye candy at the gym - but I have a lot of friends who go there.

Even at Curves, which should be right up the Maxwells' alley given the founder's political and religious beliefs (think Hobby Lobby for fitness), they'd still gave to deal with immodestly (as in appropriately for working out) dressed women, believers and heathen sluts alike. No, yet again,there's no place like home for the delicate flowers of Maxwell womanhood.

I think they had some sex education. (Even if it very little) I mean Teri did have the last 3 kids @ home.

I didn't know that. Does she write about it in Mom's Corners, or just in their books?

Well, he must be doing it behind daddy's back then, if this post is any indication. It's from the introduction to their short-lived push-up challenge (family blog January 2011) and fitness blog.

As for sex education, I'm sure they have SOME knowledge on a rudimentary, impersonal level, but as far as the mechanics of it (WHAT goes WHERE :shock: ) and intimacy, that probably has to wait for the wedding. And the Girls are probably taught that when it comes to sex, women are just supposed to lie back and think of Jesus while they pretend to enjoy it for their husband's sake.

I don't think any of the girls have been taught anything about sex(beyond the most basic anatomy), since none of them have even entered into a courtship. The Maxwells are so into sheltering and protecting their kids that I don't think any of the single kids know anything beyond it takes a man and a woman and maybe some of the the private parts are somehow involved. I wonder at when they give them The Talk- like, had they told Joseph anything, seeing as he was engaged, therefore forever sullying his purity?

I didn't know that. Does she write about it in Mom's Corners, or just in their books?

I remember in a old post. When they were talking about leaving their old place (that I think Christopher brought) about how the last 3 were born in their house.

A theme song for the Maxwells....

]

I remember in a old post. When they were talking about leaving their old place (that I think Christopher brought) about how the last 3 were born in their house.

I'lll bet she didn't allow the kids there though.(there's nothing wrong with not wanting the kids there, but I'll bet she didn't b/c it wasn't modest)

On MOMSboard, someone was asking about nursing with a cover. Terri told us all that she locked herself in the bedroom to nurse the baby b/c of her teenage boys. That even using a cover was not enough, b/c then they were imagining what you were doing under.

Right... Becaus nursing a baby is so sexual... When my brother was born (I was 7, so not a teenager but still) I used to watch him nurse. A d watch his diaper get chnged. And see him bathed. It did not turn me into a raging mymphomaniC. Jeez.

I think my mom covered a little bit, but she told me what she was doing. I knew what was going on, but I didn't care once my curiosity wa me satisfied.

If a cover is immodest because teenaged boys will be thinking about what's underneath, then surely a frumper would be equally immodest, because her boobs are under there too? Why does Teri think Nathan and Christopher would be turned on by their mother's breasts? That's pretty sick.

Even if they did they would be chock full of Beasts (televisions) and contemporary music, so not ok for Maxwell ladies

We know the Maxwells live thriftily in a lot of areas and so are happy to drop big $$$ on fancy kitchen equipment and iDevices. If I were them, I'd buy some exercise equipment for the house.

Thankfully I am not them, but I do own a gym-quality elliptical machine, and it is one of the best purchases I've ever made. I can jump on the thing right there in my living room whenever I want, no hassle, run a little bit at a time, it adds up. No one is looking at me, I don't have to pay for a gym membership, and it's a great way to warm myself up in the winter when I get cold rather than just always turning the heat up.

I think they had some sex education. (Even if it very little) I mean Teri did have the last 3 kids @ home.

I didn't know she home birthed Anna, Jesse, and Mary.

If you have to worry about your teenagers having incestuous thoughts from seeing you breastfeed their baby sibling, you are doing something horribly wrong.

The Maxwells don't strike me as the home birthing types. They don't seem averse to doctors as a matter of course and they do seek medical attention when needed. I think the comment about the last three kids being born in the house (which was made at the time they were moving to the new house they built and were reminiscing about the old one) was more along the lines of "it was the only house they ever knew," not that they were actually born IN the house. We say much the same thing about my sister and brother and my parents' house, and trust me, they were NOT born at home. I've heard the same phrasing from others as well.

Of course, I could be wrong :mrgreen:

Whatever the Maxwell's opinion of medical care and birth, there's no denying a homebirth is cheaper when you don't have insurance. And then there's the matter of female birth attendants. If you're the sort to lock yourself in your bedroom to feed your baby for fear of defrauding your teenage sons, you're probably the type to also insist on no male medical staff seeing your genitals, unless it's an absolute emergency. That's far easier to arrange if you stay home.

The Maxwells don't strike me as the home birthing types. They don't seem averse to doctors as a matter of course and they do seek medical attention when needed. I think the comment about the last three kids being born in the house (which was made at the time they were moving to the new house they built and were reminiscing about the old one) was more along the lines of "it was the only house they ever knew," not that they were actually born IN the house. We say much the same thing about my sister and brother and my parents' house, and trust me, they were NOT born at home. I've heard the same phrasing from others as well.

Of course, I could be wrong :mrgreen:

Yep. I remember being very confused reading on a blog once "the house the triplets were born in". They did not, in case you were wondering, have a homebirth ;) They meant "the house we lived in at the time they were born". I assume the Maxwells meant the same.

Archived