IGNORED

I listened so you don't have to: Teri Maxwell

danvillebelle

Don't worry, we all have been young and ignorant.

As an atheist, with a catholic upbringing, you can still wake me up for a Gregorian mass.

What exactly does the study entails ??

I study the role of the Abbey of Solesmes and Liturgical Renewal movement in the return of Gregorian chant ( from1850 to 1950). I wanted to studyCarthsian Gregorian Carthusian, but it is extremely difficult to have access to the documents.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I study the role of the Abbey of Solesmes and Liturgical Renewal movement in the return of Gregorian chant ( from1850 to 1950). I wanted to studyCarthsian Gregorian Carthusian, but it is extremely difficult to have access to the documents.

That sounds very interesting. That movement is very intriguing indeed.

Do you speak lenga d'Òc? Apparantly my maternal grandmother did, she was from Perpignan

Occitan ? Yes, a little ! I'm not sure we are talking exactly the same Occitan your grandmother and me (Like all regional languages​​, it changes a lot), I understand and speak some Occitan. I love this language and the traditionnal music.

But the the term "lenga d'oc" is used to refer to the true "langa d'Oc" of the Middle Ages, the lengage of the troubadours.

Occitan ? Yes, a little ! I'm not sure we are talking exactly the same Occitan your grandmother and me (Like all regional languages​​, it changes a lot), I understand and speak some Occitan. I love this language and the traditionnal music.

But the the term "lenga d'oc" is used to refer to the true "langa d'Oc" of the Middle Ages, the lengage of the troubadours.

Yes I know, I should have said 'understand' instead of speak. I don't speak any of it (Occitan), somehow I understand it just a little and I love the music as well.

lGg3ut9fhIc

Yes I know, I should have said 'understand' instead of speak. I don't speak any of it (Occitan), somehow I understand it just a little and I love the music as well.

lGg3ut9fhIc

I love hearing different types of traditional music. Thanks for posting that! I think I understood the "la la la" part.

This thread has really gone off topic.

But some of our best interchanges are the off-topic ones! Good food and fake wedding--can't be beat!

But some of our best interchanges are the off-topic ones! Good food and fake wedding--can't be beat!

With all these depressing fundies, the Maxwells in particular we need some fun once and a while.

Admittedly I had wandered too much.

This thread has really gone off topic.

In a really nice way. From the painful absence of anything which could be seen as enjoyable, to many enjoyable things :)

I would hope (although it's extremely unlikely) Teri's reading it and seeing what she is missing out on - lovely food, interesting conversations and good times. Teri, if you do decide to break free, go for the weed rather than the drink - I think drink won't suit you as you seem to have a bit of an addictive personality. You will be surprised by how funny everything is and how nice stuff seems, and you won't have a hangover next day either. :whistle:

I think Steve should have some too. Being stoned might make him less of an asshole.

LOL, but what if he's one of those people who get very, very paranoid? :pink-shock: :lol:

LOL, but what if he's one of those people who get very, very paranoid? :pink-shock: :lol:

. Could he get more paranoid?

Archived