IGNORED

I listened so you don't have to: Teri Maxwell

danvillebelle

There was a tell-all book a few years ago written by a butler (valet? footman?) about Prince Charles. The Prince of Wales also had his toothpaste squeezed out for him and that became a big joke to the British people. Charles became the butt of a lot of jokes about that. Too bad the fundy world can't see how stuuuuupid this makes Steve and Teri look.

I thought I knew the depths of Maxhell but it seems I can still be shocked. I have to wonder how far Teri and the kids would or will take the submissive stance in the face of dangerous crazy. If Steve decided that the whole family does not need to eat food anymore but to attain all of their nourishment from the words of the Bible, would Teri just smile and agree? If Steve decided to inflict real bodily harm to someone because he decided they had disobeyed him-- such as cutting out John's tongue for being too smart-- would Terri bow her head in silent acquiescence? If Steve got it into his head to give away everything they own and force his family to become homeless would Terri cheerfully go ahead with the plan? They have become more isolated, more crazed, more extreme with each passing year and you have to wonder how far it can go. If they ever stop blogging and stop touring I think that might be warning signs.

Teri: “Yes dear, I’d love to do thatâ€

So sad!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happens of Steve goes the way of his mom and starts showing signs of Alzheimer's or dementia?

When he really starts forgetting things, will she go along? What if his dementia is so bad he's violent? Or gets even crazier with the rules? What then?

I would hope maybe Nathan or Chris would maybe speak up since they have young kids to worry about

Here is the outcome of my good cry.

Red, puffy eyes

A terrible headache

A runny nose even after I stopped crying

A perpetuation of my self-pity

A bleak countenance

A concern in the family manifested by them asking me if I was okay

An insecurity in one family member indicated by her thinking she was the cause of my crying

A sadness that pervaded our home that evening.

As opposed to the parties they are throwing at other evenings? Also, has she looked at her oldest daughter in the last six or so years?

Y'know, we've speculated on previous threads that Stevehovah's bizarre behaviour might be an overreaction to sinful lustful behaviour during his time in the Air Force. This only cements it for me.

And, as an aside, I can imagine what Boyfriend would do if I put toothpaste on his toothbrush... "Ummm... how much wine did you drink tonight that you mixed up MY toothbrush with YOURS...??"

No wonder Teri is so depressed. Spending all her time trying to please Stevehovah leaves NO time for her to take care of herself.

It makes me wonder what Teri was like before she married Steve. By all accounts it sounds like they lived a fairly normal mainstream life until sometime in Sarah's early childhood. Was it a slow slide or did fundiedom happen pretty quickly?

I accidentally used my husbands toothbrush this morning and thought of this thread. I thought of covering my tracks by putting toothpaste on his toothbrush and pretending I was being helpful but decided that was too odd & he'd know something was up

Cos Terri...putting toothpaste on your husbands toothbrush isn't normal or appropriate. It's strange and pathetic.

No wonder Teri is so depressed. Spending all her time trying to please Stevehovah leaves NO time for her to take care of herself.

It makes me wonder what Teri was like before she married Steve. By all accounts it sounds like they lived a fairly normal mainstream life until sometime in Sarah's early childhood. Was it a slow slide or did fundiedom happen pretty quickly?

I think Teri grasped for rules and routine and certainty as she slid into depression, and saw coping better as an affirmation from god that they were doing the right thing.

I think that I remember that poor Teri, with her bad back, is expected to give Steve back rubs every night. I wonder if back rubs is code for something else.

I thought the code word was 'mum and dad's special time with the Lord'. (as written by Sarah once-it was a post about their schedule on the road, I think)

I thought the code word was 'mum and dad's special time with the Lord'. (as written by Sarah once-it was a post about their schedule on the road, I think)

:sick: :sick: :sick:

They.... Put that on a schedule... Not only that, they put it on a schedule where the whole family can see?!?!?!?

How do you post a barf smiley on an iPhone

This is from Sarah's post on the 11th May 2011. It's entitled: "Uriah Pulls out from the Murky Waters".

In the night, a large storm went through, complete with hail. It was soon a “storm watching†mini-party, as most of us came to the front of the bus, and observed the storm. When you have hail go through, there’s no sleeping because it’s like being inside a metal drum with someone beating on the outside.

Eventually, we went back to bed. A little before 6, Dad and Mom woke up and had their time with the Lord. When Dad was through, he lifted his blind, and disbelief swept over him. “We’re flooded,†he told Mom. The Beaver RV park was now appropriately named, as we were in Beaver Creek. The only thing missing was the beavers. At that point, all that mattered was to get out and get out quick.

Make of that what you will. (Obviously my mind resides in the gutter.) :pink-shock: :lol: :? ;) :brain-bleach:

How many 15 minute blocks on the schedule do you think it takes up? I think just one, and that's being generous. Steve seems like the kind of guy who lasts 2 minutes and then rolls over and falls asleep, leaving Teri unsatisfied. Of course, she cant have free time, so the other 13 minutes on the schedule are for her to clean the bedroom and make Steve some food for when he wakes up.

This is from Sarah's post on the 11th May 2011. It's entitled: "Uriah Pulls out from the Murky Waters".

Make of that what you will. (Obviously my mind resides in the gutter.) :pink-shock: :lol: :? ;) :brain-bleach:

Oh fuck me, seriously? That's just... EW. I'm not one to say TMI, but T-M-FUCKING-I! I think it's the "When Dad was through" part. :puke-huge:

A little off-topic, but a good way to head off the headache before it starts after a crying jag is to drink a couple of big glasses of water. Along with the comforting, that's the first thing I do when anyone cries, is head for the water. Getting dehydrated always gives me a nasty one. ;)

Oh fuck me, seriously? That's just... EW. I'm not one to say TMI, but T-M-FUCKING-I! I think it's the "When Dad was through" part. :puke-huge:

That part killed me.....

:brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach:

All right, everybody out of the gutter! "Time with The Lord" in this case refers to Steve and Teri praying together at the beginning and end of the day. They put up a "double Corner" on this subject a few years ago. Talk about chloroform in print.......

They would both be a lot less fucked up if they actually did schedule some shag time, but that would cause F*N.

At least it's got to give her hope that it might not be too late for her, should god ever see fit to drop a husband out of the sky.

What happens of Steve goes the way of his mom and starts showing signs of Alzheimer's or dementia?

When he really starts forgetting things, will she go along? What if his dementia is so bad he's violent? Or gets even crazier with the rules? What then?

I would hope maybe Nathan or Chris would maybe speak up since they have young kids to worry about

Good God, I never thought about that before. I have wondered/worried about how this crazy train is going to navigate things as Steve ages and dies, but dementia hadn't occurred to me. I really hope Chris or Nathan in their patriarchal leader roles step the eff up before someone gets hurt. I hope they remember that their sisters, without life skills, independence, or education, are really as vulnerable as their own children are.

And because of my participation in this thread, I'm now getting ads for "young single Asian women." :lol:

I always wondered the same thing. Maybe in some ways she was in such a fog that she didn't realize that was going on & when she did it was too late to say anything.

And because of my participation in this thread, I'm now getting ads for "young single Asian women." :lol:

I keep getting ones for Christian dating websites :?

I always wondered the same thing. Maybe in some ways she was in such a fog that she didn't realize that was going on & when she did it was too late to say anything.

I'm no expert but I expect it was a gradual progression. Isn't that often how abuse starts? Does anyone know if she actually got any proper medical advice or treatment for her depression?

Archived