IGNORED

Lori Alexander: Give Up on Husband Taking Care of Baby

That's good. I am glad they are not sleep training their babies. Maybe there is at least a bit of hope for the next generation.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take parenting advice from Lori right after asking Michelle Duggar for tips on makeup, cooking tips from Emily or bookkeeping from Doug the Tool.

Check out her latest comments. She admits that her son and DIL are NOT sleep training their babies.

Well thank God they have some sense and compassion. Lori is a selfish, abusive, monster.

Check out her latest comments. She admits that her son and DIL are NOT sleep training their babies.

Did you like how she phrased that? :D

Nope. They get to raise their children the way they want to, just as we did

Sounds just a wee bit bitter about it doesn't she? God that woman is vile.

Did you like how she phrased that? :D

Sounds just a wee bit bitter about it doesn't she? God that woman is vile.

Oh, not just bitter...she's fucking pissed. I bet she's on to Ryan and Erin a lot about how their way is the wrong way and her way is Godly, so going against her advice is to go against God, and to go against God means you are going to hell when you die...just so her son and DIL know....

On another note, good for Ryan and Erin and have noticed that Emma and baby Ryan have rarely, if ever, been featured anymore on Lori's blog. I bet something went down and mom and dad were not happy with Lori's postings about them and the grandchildren. :think:

SIX WEEKS???

Little babies have little stomachs. Because they're little! What sort of person has so little compassion that they leave this little baby to be hungry and probably wet for several hours? The kid might learn that nobody cares enough to help them at night, but that doesn't make it *right* just because they can't fight back! You put the baby in your room to minimize your disruption, you breastfeed or, if you don't, you switch off which parent gets up, and you SACRIFICE for your BABY.

I know it's awful for people who can't get maternity leave, but these people are all home anyway. Suck it up and deal, don't push your problems on the bsby.

No, see, you only have to sacrifice EVERYTHING (including your life!) for your baby BEFORE birth. After it's born you train it to sacrifice for you. Makes sense, no? :roll:

No, see, you only have to sacrifice EVERYTHING (including your life!) for your baby BEFORE birth. After it's born you train it to sacrifice for you. Makes sense, no? :roll:

Whatever. Kids are expensive, and kids are smelly, and kids are noisy and dirty and messy, and lets face it, kids are damned inconvenient. There's a reason my nieces are enough for me! But I can tell you now that if somebody came up to me, thrust a newborn into my arms, and said "here, you take care of it, there is nobody else" I would manage to do better than to leave it scared and alone in the dark. And if I resented the infringement on my life and free time, I would do my utmost best to keep the kid from knowing!

Ugh, even your sarcasm is pissing me off. Caring about your kids is the *bare minimum* (not even loving them, just giving a damn about their well-being), and leaving a newborn to scream until they learn nobody cares enough to come is NOT RIGHT. The very thought of it makes me sick to my stomach.

It's called self sufficiency. Everyone should know how to do household chores, take care of the yard and have basic car maintenance skills. These things are not gender specific.

This is what I say on 19K FB. We all know chores aren't equally divided in the Duggar house. Both genders should learn these skills to be self-reliant. And even if you aren't taught them, you can learn them quickly. Cooking and cleaning does not make a better wife , but Fundies seem to think that.

Oh I think it's definitely safe to say that a baby would be better off with an ill tempered alley cat for a mother than with Lori, Queen of beating with "straps", force feeding, and making tiny infants cry all night so she can sleep.

I truly believe she took glee in seeing her children suffer. She posted this on FB the other day:

When our oldest 2 were 3 and 5, our pastor preached a sermon and said that celebrating Christmas was great, just get rid of Santa Claus and have the holiday centered around Jesus instead. We went home and told our 2 there was no Santa. We have it on tape and it is hysterical! They were very upset but then decided it was okay and Ryan, who was then 3, pointed to Ken and said, "You are Santa Claus!"

It made 3 things very clear:

#1. Lori is a mindless follower.

#2. Ken is a mindless follower.

#3 Lori found it hysterical when her children were very upset.

Oh I think it's definitely safe to say that a baby would be better off with an ill tempered alley cat for a mother than with Lori, Queen of beating with "straps", force feeding, and making tiny infants cry all night so she can sleep.

I truly believe she took glee in seeing her children suffer. She posted this on FB the other day:

I am friends with a woman on FB who is a pastor (so she would already be offensive to fundies). She took her daughters to see santa several days ago, and apparently santa told them the Jesus story and said that he was there to honor the gift of Jesus by continuing to give gifts during this season. I found it a little strange, but it was a major relief after the people who freak out about putting CHRIST in CHRISTmas. Or people like Lori, who are just horrible. See, even religious people can manage to let their kids enjoy santa and appreciate Jesus at the same time.

Oh, not just bitter...she's fucking pissed. I bet she's on to Ryan and Erin a lot about how their way is the wrong way and her way is Godly, so going against her advice is to go against God, and to go against God means you are going to hell when you die...just so her son and DIL know....

On another note, good for Ryan and Erin and have noticed that Emma and baby Ryan have rarely, if ever, been featured anymore on Lori's blog. I bet something went down and mom and dad were not happy with Lori's postings about them and the grandchildren. :think:

I'm also glad that Ryan and Erin aren't sleep training their babies. But on the other hand, that post about Ryan forcefeeding Emma still pisses me off. I agree with you, I think something went down between Erin and Ryan and Lori. I have noticed that she doesn't blog about her grandchildren that much. I think Lori's kids are less extreme than her or don't share the same exact beliefs. Her married daughter and son-in-law haven't had kids and I have to wonder if Lori is constantly pressuring them.

Lori's written about this "hysterical" incident before. She and Ken get out the video camera. Then they tell their tiny children that there is no Santa, or that Santa won't be coming anymore, or something. They film the kids' disappointment and crying. They film it! Then, for the next 25 years, they go around telling people how "hysterical" it was.

I wonder how adult Alyssa and Ryan feel when their parents start playing video of them crying about Santa. How do they feel as their parents laugh and laugh?

I think that Lori (and Ken, to a lesser extent) lack the ability to empathize with their kids.

Lori's written about this "hysterical" incident before. She and Ken get out the video camera. Then they tell their tiny children that there is no Santa, or that Santa won't be coming anymore, or something. They film the kids' disappointment and crying. They film it! Then, for the next 25 years, they go around telling people how "hysterical" it was.

I wonder how adult Alyssa and Ryan feel when their parents start playing video of them crying about Santa. How do they feel as their parents laugh and laugh?

I think that Lori (and Ken, to a lesser extent) lack the ability to empathize with their kids.

That story really reminds me of the way that Jim Bob and Michelle always talk about their religious, er, "journey". It's always "We went to this seminar that said to get rid of secular music/stop using BC/become real estate agents. So we went home and did that." I always think, "I believe you missed a step..."

That story really reminds me of the way that Jim Bob and Michelle always talk about their religious, er, "journey". It's always "We went to this seminar that said to get rid of secular music/stop using BC/become real estate agents. So we went home and did that." I always think, "I believe you missed a step..."

It reminds me of how some ppl will say "my Dr said this,my pastor said that,or my boss said do this".Like these other ppl should run their lives.for goodness sake,think for yourselves!

Archived