IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect: Whee! Polyamory

happy atheist

Yep.

For the most part, Freethemall, you will find that the answer to any question that starts with "Why does Lauren" can be answered either by a sentence that starts "She stole the idea from" or the full sentence "Who the fuck knows?"

She seems to keep searching for whatever makes her "authentic," whatever that means, when she isn't claiming she has already found it and is the ultimate expert at authenticity.

Meantime, she gives her children a truly shitty life. :(

Well she's certainly her own form of crazy. I've dedicated my new avatar to her, and maybe to lots of these other fundies.

Interesting reading her description of how Elijah drowned, very much describing it as an accident with David just kind of falling off. Is there reason why the FJ community might suspect foul play? That was kind of implied in the original description to this thread.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason foul play is suspected is the fact that not only is he in jail for it, looking at the pictures of the bridge that he supposedly fell off, it is impossible for someone to just fall off it

The reason foul play is suspected is the fact that not only is he in jail for it, looking at the pictures of the bridge that he supposedly fell off, it is impossible for someone to just fall off it

Oh wow I just found the picture of the bridge (sparklingadventures.com/index.php?id=1672) and you're right, that would difficult to ACCIDENTALLY fall off! I imagined a tiny little wood bridge over a little pond when I first read what happened, not a huge bridge like that!

Oh wow I just found the picture of the bridge (sparklingadventures.com/index.php?id=1672) and you're right, that would difficult to ACCIDENTALLY fall off! I imagined a tiny little wood bridge over a little pond when I first read what happened, not a huge bridge like that!

There is a photo here of a policewoman standing next to the rail http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/quee ... 6564606031

I doubt David would even be able to lift his body weight over the rail, let alone fall over it.

Okay, one more question, now about the polyamory. I've glanced through, seen comments of David talking about their loveless, frigid marriage (oh man! can't believe he'd say that on a public blog!), about her considering divorce, about the gay couple recently she has a "bromance" with, and generally the "men!" tag (did that used to be called "david"?). So in all this, I haven't quite seen the actual polyamory, or at least what I was imagining of Lauren/David having other partners, and not just randomly hooking up with people while he's in jail. Can someone point me towards a specific post or two and clarify this part of thread title?

Okay, one more question, now about the polyamory. I've glanced through, seen comments of David talking about their loveless, frigid marriage (oh man! can't believe he'd say that on a public blog!), about her considering divorce, about the gay couple recently she has a "bromance" with, and generally the "men!" tag (did that used to be called "david"?). So in all this, I haven't quite seen the actual polyamory, or at least what I was imagining of Lauren/David having other partners, and not just randomly hooking up with people while he's in jail. Can someone point me towards a specific post or two and clarify this part of thread title?

Most of the polyamory stuff is on her Facebook. It's relatively recent, and I don't think that David, being incarcerated on the other side of the country, gets much of a say in it.

Since she says the bridge is where "David and Elijah fell" does that indicate he was trying to commit suicide and murder? I always thought the incident was just about David trying to do away with the baby, but now I'm wondering if he was also trying to kill himself.

I always thought it was some kind of faith based stunt gone wrong. Some kind of test.

There were some other posts with David earlier on looking wistfully at some fast running streams and expressing a desire to jump in.

Davo could be quite a tool at times and had an affair. He also had a nebulous dalliance in New Zealand involving "chopping wood". But this has nothing to do with her polyamony, which is actually just mooching with benefits. I've thought her posts about polyamory may have had an element of revenge in them. She had a man on the scene for a while, Marcus, but this seems to be over.

I recall her saying she chose red because redheads aren't supposed to wear that color, and so by wearing it she's defying social norms. Or something.

That has always annoyed me because the no red on red heads thing is such an outdated notion I highly doubt any would ever think "Wow that redhead is totally going against the grain...how brave". Most people wouldn't have even heard of it. I can't imagine saying,"Blue and green should never be seen.." in contemporary society.

It reminds me of my grandmother telling me my long hair looks "a bit hippy" and "put on some lipstick and run a comb through your hair before answering the door".

She replied about being sort of polyamorous ( I think she said she has a poly mind set rather than relationship) on her big ask FB post.

I wonder how other schmaltzy gypsy type bloggers look at her. Does, say, Nirrimi Hakanson look up to her or think she's loony? It certainly seems she has a knack for alienating those whose culture she craves to belong to, as she (and David) did when she was a fundie. I wonder how she can't see that it is her tendency to take everything to extremes immediately that puts people off. no one likes a holier-hippier-whatever-er- than-thou.

That has always annoyed me because the no red on red heads thing is such an outdated notion I highly doubt any would ever think "Wow that redhead is totally going against the grain...how brave". Most people wouldn't have even heard of it. I can't imagine saying,"Blue and green should never be seen.." in contemporary society.

It reminds me of my grandmother telling me my long hair looks "a bit hippy" and "put on some lipstick and run a comb through your hair before answering the door".

I have two redhead friends who've made multiple comments over the years about not being able to wear this or that color. But I don't know that random people would think about it. I don't, but I don't look at other people's clothes.

Sure, some colours don't suit everyone. Or at least that's how some people perceive it. I just don't think there's hard and fast rules anymore. Well, there might be. But I not a "clothes person" either, just not that interested.

Ah, the blue and green should never be seen thing - I remember Dad saying that to me back in the 80s. I think it was when I dyed my hair half blue and half green. Lol. Interesting that now my hair is navy blue & black which I think is also a "forbidden" combination. As for Lauren, of all her obsessions, the red is one I like. You can have fun with your hair, make up or clothes without it affecting anyone else around you. I wish she could find more things to obsess over that don't have a harmful affect on her children.

:cry:

This just broke my heart! How, as a mother, can you hear this and not know that living in a house and having stability is something your children are crying out for!

This just broke my heart! How, as a mother, can you hear this and not know that living in a house and having stability is something your children are crying out for!

Easy. You just have to be a self-absorbed twit who thinks your needs and your "personal journey of discovery" is more important than anything or anyone else. Even your own children.

I have two redhead friends who've made multiple comments over the years about not being able to wear this or that color. But I don't know that random people would think about it. I don't, but I don't look at other people's clothes.

As a redhead, I was always told to steer clear of pink. Actually, redheads tend to get a lot of unsolicited advice and rude comments on the subject ("does the rug match the curtains?" springs to mind). Not really sure why...maybe because it's relatively unusual as a hair color?

No one should ever be asked that - so offensive. A friend of mine has the same problem and she answers "No carpet. Just the plain wooden floor boards." Really puts the questioner off.

Davo could be quite a tool at times and had an affair. He also had a nebulous dalliance in New Zealand involving "chopping wood". But this has nothing to do with her polyamony, which is actually just mooching with benefits. I've thought her posts about polyamory may have had an element of revenge in them. She had a man on the scene for a while, Marcus, but this seems to be over.

Ah okay, so they just screw other people sometimes, is that it? That's not polyamory.

Well, to be fair, those two things were separate. Lauren once spoke of an open marriage of sorts but it was more in reaction to David's whims. I think he did hurt her feelings* in those episodes and I have to admit she was very stoic about it.

As far as I can see, the polyamory of late has so far only taken the form of taking a picture of a well known book on the subject and posting it on fb. I think it's just an idea she's picked up on this hippy trail. I was kind of joking about mooching with benefits...but...it's Lauren so who knows?

I do not think she'd be suited to a poly situation at all. She doesn't do well in small groups. She doesn't seem the jealous type but when she gets a bee in her bonnet well, lets just say it doesn't end up a win/win situation. Google some "Julie" posts. Neither she nor dave were involved with Julie but let's just say Julie outlived her usefulness as a friend/charity case.

Anyway, some of her old christian buddies were pretty outraged about the poly book and the implications thereof and some posted very negative facebook comments. Some I thought quite nasty. I do wonder where she currently is with all that christianity stuff.

*if she has any

Ah, the blue and green should never be seen thing - I remember Dad saying that to me back in the 80s. I think it was when I dyed my hair half blue and half green. Lol. Interesting that now my hair is navy blue & black which I think is also a "forbidden" combination. As for Lauren, of all her obsessions, the red is one I like. You can have fun with your hair, make up or clothes without it affecting anyone else around you. I wish she could find more things to obsess over that don't have a harmful affect on her children.

Well I guess it's not hurting anyone but she doesn't really have fun with it. It's now a religious doctine. I don't quite know how to say it without sounding like the World's Biggest Party Pooper but let's just say she swapped out fundamentalist christian practises for ad hoc alternative community ones and applies them with the same fervour without the slightest hint of irony. But yeah, I guess it's the least harmful thing she does in that regard. For me, I think I like the rats best.

And yes, I think navy and black is forbidden.

Lauren has hinted pretty heavily that she's been sexually involved with women recently, and there was a photo floating round of her and another woman kissing on the lips.

Navy blue and black is one of my favourite combinations. Now I know that it would be considered an authentic statement of my rejection of society's shallow norms, I may start wearing that combination exclusively. When I was younger I used to have my hair black with dark blue streaks.

Lauren did an ask me anything post on her FB this fall and flat out admitted she is engaged in what she calls polyamory with several couples that she visits on a regular basis. She also admitted that she no longer merely travels just to travel, but is just moving around between several areas/sets of friends back and forth. She certainly portrays something different on the blog, but she's always slanted the blog to say what she wants at any given time, and to maximize her adoring fans. She was open on her thread on FB and says yes she is having sexual encounters with multiple partners, but for their own privacy she would offer no details.

As PP said, there are pictures of her kissing a woman in Bali that were on Alice's Instagram as well. I strongly suspect this "bromance" is a sexual relationship with two men from Iceland.

Personally, I wonder if she is intending to do an illegal traditional surrogacy for this couple--have sex with both of them, get pregnant, list one of them as the father at birth then allow them to take the child to Iceland and register the child as theirs. She's definitely waxed poetic on surrogates already.

Archived