IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect: Whee! Polyamory

happy atheist

Is that a tick? Spider? Something else? WTF?

Lauren claims it's a prickle. Which would be excruciatingly painful, especially for days.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NOOOOOOO!!!!! :shock: Seriously. Put that under "spoiler." What has been seen cannot be unseen. :ew: :ew: :ew:

I can't - on Tapa. I'll ask one of the other helpmeets to. My apologies - I didn't intend to traumatise anybody. It is pretty gross though

I can't - on Tapa. I'll ask one of the other helpmeets to. My apologies - I didn't intend to traumatise anybody. It is pretty gross though

No trauma here. Just...gross. :lol:

:pink-shock:

That's horrifying. How can she just stand by and let her child try to figure it out for herself? There are times when adult (or even medical) intervention is necessary.

Eta - I added spoiler tags

That's horrifying. How can she just stand by and let her child try to figure it out for herself? There are times when adult (or even medical) intervention is necessary.

She's lucky there was no permanent damage. A prickle could scratch the retina if the kids rubbed her eyes (which I'm sure she was doing constantly, trying to get it out).

One of my boys hates me pulling splinters and prickles out with tweezers ( from skin not eyes) but its one of those cases where you have to be the adult and do what's needed to avoid infection.

Thank you for spoiler HA.

I am appalled. That child should have been treated immediately. Sometimes you have to make the uncomfortable decisions to spare a child long term repercussions. There is no way a child is equipped to decide what's best in a situation like that.

Scary eye picture:

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396844394.356204.jpg[/attachment]

I'll let the pic speak for itself. Poor little girl.

What.the.fuck. That little girl could have scratched her cornea, she could have gotten an infection that could have spread to her orbital bone and she could have lost her vision or part of her face. What the fuck is wrong with her lazy, stupid, neglectful mother?!?!?!? Jesus

What a piece of shit mother to leave a child with that in her eye for several days. Get some fucking eye drops and rinse the damn thing out before your child risks going BLIND in your stupidity that it's somehow better to let her choose blindness she cannot POSSIBLY grasp rather than be the fucking parent and actually parent her.

How heartless do you have to be to watch your child suffer with that thing for days and just leave her alone because she's scared it will hurt if you help her get it out.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. No. No. Even if Calista didn't want anyone to intervene, she is six years old. There is a time to teach kids that their body belongs to them and they have a choice over what happens with it, and a time to get them some medical attention before they go blind. Would she have not taken her to the hospital if she had a broken leg, if she had said she didn't want to go to the hospital?

I can get leaving a splinter in a body part if it's not that bad and seeing if it will work it's way out, but the eyes? For fuck sake women, that's a time for medical intervention. How can she be so dumb...she could have severely damaged her eyes.

PS...best splinter solution ever is to make a paste of baking soda (bi card) and water, put it on the splinter, bandage it and leave it overnight. It draws the splinter out. Obviously doesn't work on your eye!

Are you expecting a frigging medal for exemplary parenting, Lauren? Because I don't see it coming your way. Not at all.

Please tell me someone called her out on all this on her account...that is just...fucked up.

Scary eye picture:

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396844394.356204.jpg[/attachment]

I'll let the pic speak for itself. Poor little girl.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Wow...just...wow. I'm amazed that SOMEONE, ANYONE hasn't told her that she should get a medical professional involved in that should it happen again. I've learned the hard way that you don't screw around with eye injuries.

Wow...just...wow. I'm amazed that SOMEONE, ANYONE hasn't told her that she should get a medical professional involved in that should it happen again. I've learned the hard way that you don't screw around with eye injuries.

Yeah, I've mentioned before that I fell on a pinking shears and lacerated my cornea when I was around 2 years old. It remains my earliest and most terrifying memory. I can't "do" eye things anymore - not even contact lenses. That photo was profoundly disturbing. Poor Calista.

Yes to everything everyone has already said. But I also find it horrific that Sparkles is PROUD of this. Horrific but not surprising. Even the crunchier anti-vacc'ers would seek assistance for something like that surely? I wonder who she was trying to impress with this ridiculous piece of unparenting?

She's deep into TCS (Taking Children Seriously) at this point. She is bragging about how great TCS and how perfect she is in the paradigm she is because she refused to coerce her child EVEN WITH AN EYE injury. In the TCS world, that makes Lauren super woman. To the sane world, that just makes her a piece of shit and shows why the founders of the stupid paradigm had to fabricate credentials and so-called research, because there ARE times that children must have an adult will imposed upon them and when they are facing a potential sight threatening eye situation is one of those times.

She's deep into TCS (Taking Children Seriously) at this point. She is bragging about how great TCS and how perfect she is in the paradigm she is because she refused to coerce her child EVEN WITH AN EYE injury. In the TCS world, that makes Lauren super woman. To the sane world, that just makes her a piece of shit and shows why the founders of the stupid paradigm had to fabricate credentials and so-called research, because there ARE times that children must have an adult will imposed upon them and when they are facing a potential sight threatening eye situation is one of those times.

Oh my. I have a case like this in my family and it drives me crazy. A few of my family members (including me) have / had Diabetes-symptoms and were diagnosed as either early Typ-2 or late Typ-1. I found a very good clinic which did a genetical test asap with me - and they found out that I have a genetic diabetic disorder. It is dominant so there might be a few more people in my family who should start to take care NOW to avoid some shitty situations (and I had a few so I know that it sucks).

I told my brother to get him and my niece tested. His answer was, that he´s fine with it because he´s too old to have complications (not even 50) and my niece doesn´t want to have her blood tested because the needle hurts.

Well, I´m sure she will be very glad to hear this when she is older and has huge issues (mine started with puberty). Now it would be very easy to teach her to avoid certain food and what-else. Stupid. :angry-banghead:

Eta - I added spoiler tags

:pink-shock: Holy crap! We need a smiley for a full-body cringe. What kind of pain threshold does the kid have, anyway? I got a contact lens in backwards (inside out?) once, and I lasted all of maybe 5 seconds before I had it back out of my eye. A "prickle" under an eyelid must hurt like crazy. Lucky it didn't get infected, or scratch the cornea.

I'm glad I only caught up with this thread post-spoiler -- I can't even look at the picture. Even without looking at the picture, I am horrified.

Due to a childhood operation to correct a ptosis, I sometimes sleep with one eye slightly open. It generally doesn't create problems, but I had several periods of that cornea getting scratched as I slept, mostly in my teens and 20s.

These were irritations for which the ophthalmologist prescribed only an ice pack and patience -- no serious damage done. And the source of injury, whatever it had been, was no longer in my eye.

But these events were exquisitely painful. The pain came in waves, with uncontrollable watering, for a few minutes at a time, then a brief break, then pain again. Over the course of a day, the pain-attacks got shorter and less acute, and the breaks longer.

To have the source of the pain remain for days must have been agonizing for that poor child.

I can't imagine what that child went through. My husband got a tiny cactus spine in his eye when we were visiting Arizona once and I couldn't get him to the ER fast enough to suit him. It took a long time for the ophthalmologist to find it and remove it so they kept refreshing the numbing drops.

Archived