IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect: Whee! Polyamory

happy atheist

So it IS mooching with benefits!

I forgot about the icelandic men. She'll have to get pregnant by one of them and has she seen either since? Hmmmm. Chaotic Life, thanks, I hadn't thought of that at all.

And that picture of the kissing mummy kangaroos on the blog. It's all coming clearer to me now.

I don't like to get too judgy about sexual matters but mooching and screwing and dragging children about in the mire doesn't make me jump for joy.

I've always felt stability would be best for the girls but remained open minded. Well, now I think she should go home, put her kids in school/daycare and persue her sex fest during school hours. They don't need to be exposed to this. I'm sure it's not right there in front of them but kids are very perceptive.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lauren has hinted pretty heavily that she's been sexually involved with women recently, and there was a photo floating round of her and another woman kissing on the lips.

Navy blue and black is one of my favourite combinations. Now I know that it would be considered an authentic statement of my rejection of society's shallow norms, I may start wearing that combination exclusively. When I was younger I used to have my hair black with dark blue streaks.

Hmmm. Well, now that you're embracing your authenticity it's time to engage in some magical thinking too. Take note whenever you randomly see any navy and black- it could definitely be some kind of sign/message.

The Icelandic couple spent the two weeks with her and the girls that they got to stay in a real house. This time, they came to Australia.

Thus why I'm wondering if she's set up an illegal surrogacy situation (iirc traditional surrogates are not legal in Australia). My own speculation is that part of her trip to Iceland was to interview and determine did they truly want her to be a surrogate for them, and the trip they just took to Australia is to do the deed and try to get her knocked up properly.

She likes attention and she loves to be praised for what a wonderful person she is. She was completely fascinated by the surrogate she met, and I can totally see her trying to set up her own ad hoc situation so she can have another "wonderful" free birth AND get the attention and praise for the selfless act of being a surrogate.

I think you could be totally right. Like I say, I had much more mundane thoughts - like those dudes were friends of her father's or something and she was helping them with a website or something. Duh.

The Icelandic couple spent the two weeks with her and the girls that they got to stay in a real house. This time, they came to Australia.

Thus why I'm wondering if she's set up an illegal surrogacy situation (iirc traditional surrogates are not legal in Australia). My own speculation is that part of her trip to Iceland was to interview and determine did they truly want her to be a surrogate for them, and the trip they just took to Australia is to do the deed and try to get her knocked up properly.

She likes attention and she loves to be praised for what a wonderful person she is. She was completely fascinated by the surrogate she met, and I can totally see her trying to set up her own ad hoc situation so she can have another "wonderful" free birth AND get the attention and praise for the selfless act of being a surrogate.

I hate internet crazy rumor mongering.

If she's not doing traditional surrogacy with them I'll eat my hat.

Warning: I'm riding the Idle Speculation Bus (Express) so feel free to delete if this violates FJ TOS

I have not read any actual news articles about Elijah's death and I don't know how reliable the couriermail is, but this bit

When husband David, the man she had loved since they met as teenagers, returned from a walk without their beloved Elijah, she asked: "Where's Elijah?"

"He's in the river," he replied.

from the article cited above touched something that has been in the back of my mind since day one--Do the authorities know for sure that Elijah was alive when David left the house with him? My first thought, and the one that won't leave my head, was that David came home, found Elijah dead (wasn't Lauren suffering from PPD?), and rashly decided that his daughters needed their mother more than they needed him.

Warning: I'm riding the Idle Speculation Bus (Express) so feel free to delete if this violates FJ TOS

I have not read any actual news articles about Elijah's death and I don't know how reliable the couriermail is, but this bit

from the article cited above touched something that has been in the back of my mind since day one--Do the authorities know for sure that Elijah was alive when David left the house with him? My first thought, and the one that won't leave my head, was that David came home, found Elijah dead (wasn't Lauren suffering from PPD?), and rashly decided that his daughters needed their mother more than they needed him.

This has been discussed earlier on a previous thread (sorry, don't know where to find the link). There was some speculation that Elijah drowned at home (drowned in the bath was tossed around) and that he and David ended up in the river later that night.

They would be able to tell from the autopsy-if he had drowned in the bath, the water in his lungs would have traces of soap and be clean, with the same things found in tap water, but if he drowned in a river there would be various microscopic organisms, bits of plants and dirt in the water.

If David is ever well enough to stand trial, I presume the details will come out in the course of the proceedings, but the authorities seem to be sending the message that they believe David was responsible.

David was with Elijah when Elijah died. Whether or not he was responsible will depend on psychiatric evaluation I suspect. He may be detained under a mental health order long term.

Speaking of buses, I'm changing buses. For a while I reckoned the girls were probably fairly safe and had a pretty fun life. Not that I approved of a lot that went on but it was tolerable. I just found lauren very unlikeable and selfish. But now - slow learner! - I actually wish community services would intervene and send those kids to grandmama's or something. Sorry about the monologue guys - I just had to get it out. I've actually found Lauren to be getting worse, or maybe it's me. She just seems..off. I wish she'd go home and just be a mother. It's all making me feel sad. She's so lucky to have four sweet beautiful girls.

I hate internet crazy rumor mongering.

If she's not doing traditional surrogacy with them I'll eat my hat.

Surrogacy in Australia does involve red tape. If you just have a child with a guy and list him on the birth certificate it will be a lot easier for said baby to just return with the named father to iceland. You could bypass a lot of messing around that way. Please correct me if I'm wrong but she could fit into a grey area here. Plus money could exchange hands under the table.

The story is very odd. However, Lauren was, I think,

over the worst of the PPD. She was out and about whereas previously she just lay around in bed.

They would be able to tell from the autopsy-if he had drowned in the bath, the water in his lungs would have traces of soap and be clean, with the same things found in tap water, but if he drowned in a river there would be various microscopic organisms, bits of plants and dirt in the water.

As a Queenslander living within 25 minutes of the bridge, I am certain that the autopsy would have shown this. Unexpected deaths are thoroughly investigated, and they would have uncovered the difference between treated tap water and river water very quickly.

David's decline is pretty obvious in his YouTube videos.

• 2 weeks later...

New post up. My head is still swirling from the inconsistencies, but I think she is saying:

-that solo parenting is much much better than two parents.

- that she is the perfect role model for the girls

- that if she shares costs with another single mum she might (gasp) be able to afford to rent a house (er, what about moving into the one you already own? Oh, sorry, no government rent relief payments if you do that.)

Much more nonsense but I can be bothered repeating her here. Enjoy the ridiculousness for yourselves.

Wow, she sure is lucky that her husband killed the baby and is locked in a psychiatric hospital! Otherwise she'd have to take him into account when planning their activities. :penguin-no:

I completely understand not wanting to go back to the house you lived in with the man who killed your son. What I don't understand is why she doesn't then SELL it and buy something else if she wants to consider a house again. Having lived in a bus for years, I cannot imagine that a small cottage much smaller than the last house couldn't be purchased with the profits of selling the house outright and only leave every day living expenses to cover, which if she got a cottage somewhere would likely have lots of left over from the sale of the house to cover, not even counting the funds she gets from the government.

She also posted a link to this article on her FB page, with a quote taken out that makes it seem like she thinks it's ridiculous that this woman was charged:

brainchildmag.com/2014/01/guilty-as-charged/

The story is by a woman who let her 12 year old and a same-aged friend supervise her 8, 7, and 3 year old at the mall. Dropped off... woman went home to catch a break. Twelve year olds left the younger kids in the department store so they could go try on clothes. Woman was charged with child endangerment. Article is a long whine about how messed up modern society is for thinking that. More or less.

I completely understand not wanting to go back to the house you lived in with the man who killed your son. What I don't understand is why she doesn't then SELL it and buy something else if she wants to consider a house again. Having lived in a bus for years, I cannot imagine that a small cottage much smaller than the last house couldn't be purchased with the profits of selling the house outright and only leave every day living expenses to cover, which if she got a cottage somewhere would likely have lots of left over from the sale of the house to cover, not even counting the funds she gets from the government.

The home was recently renovated too, they planned to sell it.

I suspect that if it was sold it would jeopardise David's legal aid - the family home is the only exempt asset, and the income and asset limits are very strict - single parent pension recipients have been declined because they have too much disposable income remaining after regular expenses. David's defense will be costing a fortune, and will continue to do so, if they had to pay for it themselves it would easily eat up the bulk of the profits from selling the house.

I am flabbergasted by this woman - how she continually manages to spin the most tragic and awful circumstances into "sparkling" smug humble-bragging is beyond belief. Her husband killed their son so bonus, she doesn't have to consider another adult and woo hoo, feminism abounds. I just can't.

I spent the first six months after David’s incarceration simply wanting him out, wanting us to return to our polite, socially-acceptable nuclear family.

I guess she means that, in general, nuclear families are the norm.

But the idea that her family was polite and socially acceptable is :pink-shock: :?

New post up. My head is still swirling from the inconsistencies, but I think she is saying:

-that solo parenting is much much better than two parents.

- that she is the perfect role model for the girls

- that if she shares costs with another single mum she might (gasp) be able to afford to rent a house (er, what about moving into the one you already own? Oh, sorry, no government rent relief payments if you do that.)

Much more nonsense but I can be bothered repeating her here. Enjoy the ridiculousness for yourselves.

I hate having to defend Lauren, but I don't think she's saying that solo parenting is better than two. She makes it clear that she hated the prospect of solo parenting for many months after David was gone and searched for replacement partners, and has finally come around to accepting it and feeling gratitude, i.e finding a positive side to it.

I hate having to defend Lauren, but I don't think she's saying that solo parenting is better than two. She makes it clear that she hated the prospect of solo parenting for many months after David was gone and searched for replacement partners, and has finally come around to accepting it and feeling gratitude, i.e finding a positive side to it.

I have a new appreciation for the fact that I don’t have to negotiate with another adult when making decisions for the girls.

This is so gross though. "Phew! I'm so glad David's locked up! Otherwise I'd have to deal with his wants and stuff. Who wants that? Not an überfeminist like me, that's for sure!"

Archived