IGNORED

Has anyone heard Michelle had a kid pre Jim?

salex

Eh, I'm pretty sure they're telling the truth on this one. There is a possibility that Michelle was not a virgin when she met Jim Bob, but I doubt it. She was so young. I think she kissed other guys, maybe made out with one of them, if that. They got married when they were 17 and 19 so it's not like it would've been an epic struggle to wait. And Michelle was a new convert, so she would have been alternately super excited about her new faith, and terrified of going to hell (since that's why she converted in the first place).

Also, I'm not convinced that Michelle wouldn't admit to not being a virgin before she got married if she wasn't - many times fundies are more than happy to show off their past sins because they think it gives them street cred and shows how far they've come (oh, um, with the help of Jesus of course).

I agree with those who say that JB and Michelle were virgins. If Michelle wasn't, I'm sure she would have said so, since she never tires of telling people how hot and defrauding she was back in the day. In the Gothard world, "going too far" can mean engaging in chaste, close-mouthed kissing, so who knows what really happened? If I had to take a guess, however, I would say they probably pawed at each other in a parked car at a "Lover's Lane" or a drive-in without actually engaging in intercourse.

Archived