IGNORED

Sarah Palin's "War on Christmas" Book

GeoBQn

It is one month until the release of Sarah Palin's new book, Good Tidings and Great Joy: Protecting the Heart of Christmas. Who is going to take one for the team and review it? Not buy it, of course, but perhaps reading a library copy.

amazon.com/Good-Tidings-Great-Joy-Protecting/dp/0062292889/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0

ah yes, I love the time of the year when people boast about the supposed "war on Christmas" and how they are so persecuted. I look forward to this time when I am work so I can see people with such profound thought provoking buttons that say "It's OK to say Merry Christmas to me" and my personal favourite"Keep the Christ in Christmas" how brave of these souls!

Anyways, I guess Sara Palin did not have enough of her garbage thoughts polluting Americans (and the entire world while insulting every scholarly pupil and the human race), I knew she would have to release something like this (someone was going to soon). Dozens of people will all point at this book and shout"SEE! LOOK AT THIS, SOMEONE GETS IT" while baby Jesus freezes his ass off and some pro-lifer hangs up a sign near the fake baby stating some diluted reason for not getting abortions because something about baby Jesus not being born if Marry had one and blah blah.

Aren't the Holidays just beautiful and fun?

It is one month until the release of Sarah Palin's new book, Good Tidings and Great Joy: Protecting the Heart of Christmas. Who is going to take one for the team and review it? Not buy it, of course, but perhaps reading a library copy.

I just checked none of the libraries in Delaware have it on order yet.

Sounds like the name of Stevehovah-Terified book. Fundies really can't get enough of "protecting hearts," can they?

Semi-related: I was talking to a customer on the phone earlier this week, and at the end of the call she wished me Happy Thanksgivng. For a second I was like "huh?", then a second later it occurred to me that she was calling from Canada. Did I get offended and tell her that I was American and thanksgiving isn't until November? No. I thanked her and wished her a happy Thanksgiving as well. I just don't understand why people can't graciously take a "Happy Holidays" in the spirit it was intended and get on with their lives. I figure if so you're worried about the so-called War On Christmas, you must have a pretty amazing life, because in my life, I've got bigger things to be pissed off about.

It will end up in stacks at the Dollar Tree, just like all her other books.

Or, it could end up at thrift stores, next to the Duggar books.

I've always wondered where the "war on Xmas" came from. Don't just as many non-religious people (in America) celebrate Xmas as "religious" (Protestant, Carholic, Mormon, etc) people? I mean trees, stockings, ham, cards, even our own American version of "St Nick".

Welcome, VolgarTheViking. :)

Any chance it'll be released on the Nook? I wouldn't mind reviewing a chapter or two if I could wander into Barnes and Noble and download a preview of Palin's book.

Sarah Palin was in New Jersey last weekend, to support Republican Senate candidate Steve Lonegan. The election was today. Guess who lost. Maybe she's lost her star power.*

*fingers crossed!

Another best seller for her-if it is on the Kindle I will read the preview that they put up for free and then let everyone know about it. Bargain Bid book within a month. Don't waste your money.

Pfft!

I've already bought 2 nativity themed decorations & several stars. There is no war of the religious aspect of the western cultural festival that is Christmas.

Semi-related: I was talking to a customer on the phone earlier this week, and at the end of the call she wished me Happy Thanksgivng. For a second I was like "huh?", then a second later it occurred to me that she was calling from Canada. Did I get offended and tell her that I was American and thanksgiving isn't until November? No. I thanked her and wished her a happy Thanksgiving as well. I just don't understand why people can't graciously take a "Happy Holidays" in the spirit it was intended and get on with their lives. I figure if so you're worried about the so-called War On Christmas, you must have a pretty amazing life, because in my life, I've got bigger things to be pissed off about.

And a pretty shallow faith, if something as benign as a store clerk saying, "Happy holidays" to you instead of "Merry Christmas" is going to cause you major heart palpitations.

My library has it on order. I already put in a request, but I can't tell if anyone is ahead of me or not. I would actually like to read this one because the premise is so ridiculous it's more likely to make me :lol: than :angry-banghead:

ThisOlGirl wrote:

And a pretty shallow faith, if something as benign as a store clerk saying, "Happy holidays" to you instead of "Merry Christmas" is going to cause you major heart palpitations.

I had an assistant in a Golder's Green supermarket earnestly explain to me one spring morning that I shouldn't eat some of my groceries during Passover. I'm an blonde atheist and had just paid him using a credit card showing my very unJewish name. I thought it was quite sweet really and just assumed he was trying to be helpful, said thank you and smiled. Why on earth would I have done anything else?

Anybody who is concerned about the "War on Christmas" is mixing too much politics in with their religion. Christmas has been a secularized holiday for over a hundred years-- our version of St. Nick came from the CocaCola ads. It wasn't until the Republicans decided they needed the religious vote to get Bush elected that there was a big conflation of the two and now it is just a fact of political life that you have to rally the troops by pretending that Christianity will take a hit by the Democrats in some way-- whether it is increased abortions or more gays everywhere or an end to Christmas.

I still don't know how the Party of Big Business, Guns for everyone, and fuck-the-poor measures became the Party of Jesus.

If I can find a way to get it for free, I'll read it and review here. I read about a book per day on my (shitty long) commute so this wouldn't be too much trouble.

I do wish Sarah Palin would GO AWAY though.

Pfft!

I've already bought 2 nativity themed decorations & several stars. There is no war of the religious aspect of the western cultural festival that is Christmas.

do you know how early Costco has their Christmas shit out!? how could there possible be a war on Christmas when my store started to feature their Christmas shit along side the Halloween stuff in early October...

please

Welcome, VolgarTheViking. :)

Any chance it'll be released on the Nook? I wouldn't mind reviewing a chapter or two if I could wander into Barnes and Noble and download a preview of Palin's book.

hello and thanks :) !

you can always try to find a .PDF of it somewhere...

would you really want to buy it and support that lady? lol

hello and thanks :) !

you can always try to find a .PDF of it somewhere...

would you really want to buy it and support that lady? lol

You're welcome. :) I may just do that. I definitely wouldn't pay for it, I'm hoping that there will be a free preview for the Nook. ;)

More like a war on Halloween, and Thanksgiving, and everything else that takes place between now and December 25th. Christmas just barrels right on through and taking over store after store!

do you know how early Costco has their Christmas shit out!? how could there possible be a war on Christmas when my store started to feature their Christmas shit along side the Halloween stuff in early October...

please

BJ's had their's out one shelf over from the Halloween stuff and Macy's has their trees out.

Archived