IGNORED

Happy 33rd birthday, Paul Arndt!

JenniferJuniper

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark's 30th was outside. I seems like the "rebel" of the bunch.

I think he was just embarrassed about celebrating his 30th in Mommy and Daddy's boudoir with the penguins and the its-my-special-day song and dance. And the cake on the bed.

Although in Arndtsville, embarrassment is probably indicative of a rebellious spirit.

I've mostly quit biting my nails after 30 years. Mostly as in, if I for the most part have kicked the habit. I did last fall, then I had a relapse last spring, and for the past few months I've been back on board. Honestly, the way I've been able to break myself is by getting a gel manicure. Those things last at least 3 weeks, so that gives yourself a good cushion of time to stop biting. After that, I'll remove the polish (which is a bitch, but it can be done) and I'll paint and manicure myself.

I might try some of the vitamin suggestions...I always heard nails are an indicator of health, and as I'm not an avid taker of vitamins and I'm not the healthiest of eaters I'm probably not getting all my nutrients.

I second the suggestion to try pre-natals. I have thin, brittle, breakable nails myself, but having been on pre-natals since December (my munchkin's a month old today!), my nails are longer than they've ever been.

I liked the little exchange on Sunday when one of the man children posted a picture of himself in front of a piddle little hill and said it was the Rockies. Mama Arndt broke her usual blog silence and told him to keep looking for the Rockies. She may have a pair of white short shorts to wear in her bedroom while she takes a picture with each of her boys holding a cake, but I still give her mad props for her timing on this one.

has anyone ever asked them why they have cake in the bedroom? I'd be curious to hear their answer.

Imagine an Arndt sing-song voice saying, "I guess every family has it's unique traditions. For the longest time, ever since, oh probably since when Luke was a chub, we've had our birthday celebrations in Mom and Dad's bedroom. There's plenty of room in there for all the guys and the penguins and we like gathering there and goofing off for a little while. The younger guys really enjoy it and it's just a real special time for the entire family."

I made that up, but I think it's as good an answer as we'll ever see.

I liked the little exchange on Sunday when one of the man children posted a picture of himself in front of a piddle little hill and said it was the Rockies. Mama Arndt broke her usual blog silence and told him to keep looking for the Rockies. She may have a pair of white short shorts to wear in her bedroom while she takes a picture with each of her boys holding a cake, but I still give her mad props for her timing on this one.

I actually chuckled at that, too. They do seem to enjoy each other more genuinely than many of the other families we snark on.

Imagine an Arndt sing-song voice saying, "I guess every family has it's unique traditions. For the longest time, ever since, oh probably since when Luke was a chub, we've had our birthday celebrations in Mom and Dad's bedroom. There's plenty of room in there for all the guys and the penguins and we like gathering there and goofing off for a little while. The younger guys really enjoy it and it's just a real special time for the entire family."

I made that up, but I think it's as good an answer as we'll ever see.

That was beautiful.

I actually chuckled at that, too. They do seem to enjoy each other more genuinely than many of the other families we snark on.

Yeah, but they don't KNOW anyone else. The Maxwells have non-related inlaws, conference attendees, a few groupies and the sweet Elderly. Do the Arndts actually know any non-Arndts?

I get the impression the older boys don't get a lot of exercise. This from John, describing a hike:

Walking down a long trail. It’s a 1.8-mile round trip, with 400 feet of descent and ascent.

:think:

I get the impression the older boys don't get a lot of exercise. This from John, describing a hike:

:think: I walked farther and with the same degree of descent and ascent coming home each day after high school. Took me an hour, and I was carrying a backpack.

I sound like a cliche, LOL!

:think:

:think: I walked farther and with the same degree of descent and ascent coming home each day after high school. Took me an hour, and I was carrying a backpack.

I sound like a cliche, LOL!

Only if it was uphill both ways :D

Only if it was uphill both ways :D

Part of the way was uphill and part of the way was down, so technically..... :D

Though I got a ride in the morning, and only had to walk home, so just one way. Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I'd have preferred not to walk, but since I didn't have gym my last two years of high school, this was fine to do 5 days a week.

I certainly wouldn't have considered it a long trail. Hiking up Yosemite Falls was a long trail.

On nail polish - my friend was talking about how she got a really cheap manicure from a local beauty/cosmetology school today. Her nails looked really good.

On the Arndts - I feel like FJ could make a wall calendar of their "eating cake in mom and dad's bedroom" birthday photos.

And maybe it's just me, but Mama Arndt looks way more fashionable than her boys. It must be the white shorts.

Archived