IGNORED

Happy 33rd birthday, Paul Arndt!

JenniferJuniper

On facebook he posted a picture of his birthday card from the staff at Longhorn steakhouse. How exciting.

I found out that someone I know is really good friends with the Arndts (not sure how I missed that; her facebook cover has a picture of her with each one of them). She would be perfect for one of them, and that's all I'm going to say...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On facebook he posted a picture of his birthday card from the staff at Longhorn steakhouse. How exciting.

I found out that someone I know is really good friends with the Arndts (not sure how I missed that; her facebook cover has a picture of her with each one of them). She would be perfect for one of them, and that's all I'm going to say...

You tease you :wink-kitty: :wink-kitty:

Jesus. I'm 33, married for almost six years, I have one son from my first marriage and another child on the way. We own a house and pets and have savings and two cars and and and he still sleeps in a bunk bed and shares a room with siblings? No wonder there's no women on the horizon for them. Women don't like man-babies.

I find it interesting that so many here seem to measure their success in life by how long they've been married or by how many children they've had before Manboy 1 has left home base.

A person can be completely successful and contented in life without being married or ever having children. Just as someone can be unsuccessful regardless of his or her marital status or how many children one has birthed or fathered.

It's all about making the best life choices - using your skills, interests and opportunities - for yourself and those important to you. And that's the issue with the Arndts. It just doesn't seem remotely possible that every adult in that house has chosen to live in the place their parents wants them to live, work where their parents want them to work and only engage in extracurricular activities sanctioned by their parents. Somehow choice seems to have been eliminated from the equation for them.

Maybe it will be different for the younger ones, but I question how well someone like Paul would even cope with living on his own at this point, never mind being married to someone.

I was taking the listings that people have been putting up as things I've done that the Arndt of the day could have done by now but hasn't.

I was taking the listings that people have been putting up as things I've done that the Arndt of the day could have done by now but hasn't.

ITA. I don't think anyone meant anything by it, in terms of what is important in life.

Another point is that supposedly getting married, owning a home and having kids is what the Arndts actually desire, so it's kind of sad they haven't at this point when so many others have for years now.

I know a lot of 30-somethings that aren't married or have kids, but still have done a ton more than the Arndts. They've traveled, gotten advanced degrees, bought homes on their own, etc.

I'm 4 years younger than him. No kids (am childfree), not married, blah blah. That said, I think he's actually really cute.

Off you go to corrupt him and tell us all about it. :mrgreen:

Well, I'm almost 27 and live in an apartment with my boyfriend. I have a shitty job, no plans to own a home, and no pets or kids.

My credit's pretty good, though I'm nowhere close to winning this pissing contest. 8-)

You know, with all the people here willing to visit the Maxwell conferences or Duggar yard sales, I don't know why anyone has not volunteered to lead the boys to manhood. Surely someone here is willing to sacrifice to save a life :dance: :dance:

I too have a hard time defining what success is as it can be different from person to person. For me, travelling is more important than owning a car, or more than having a child at this point. I'm not sure if I really do want to have a kid (and I probably need to make up my mind in the next couple years too). But as someone pointed out they define success in terms of marriage/children.

But to me the bigger question is how do they control all that testosterone? It's only natural they would want to have some kind of physical relationship with another woman/man. It just is amazing so many men can be so repressed at the same time, and as far as we can tell not be too bothered about it. I would love to be a fly on the wall in that house :think:

Paul Arndt's Birthday Wish:

Please God send me a girl who looks cute in shorty shorts just like mom and won't mind bunking with my brothers and stuffed penguins. I'll even take a Free Jinger if she'll submit to the Fam Team brainwashing lifestyle.

I envy her legs. I wonder if she works out a lot or if she just naturally has skinny legs.

In 10 years they are still going to be posing in the bedroom with a cake. Except for maybe Mark who might escape, but the rest just don't seem to have any desire to leave their mama.

Mummy arndt does have some pretty nice pins.

I find it interesting that so many here seem to measure their success in life by how long they've been married or by how many children they've had before Manboy 1 has left home base.

A person can be completely successful and contented in life without being married or ever having children. Just as someone can be unsuccessful regardless of his or her marital status or how many children one has birthed or fathered.

It's all about making the best life choices - using your skills, interests and opportunities - for yourself and those important to you. And that's the issue with the Arndts. It just doesn't seem remotely possible that every adult in that house has chosen to live in the place their parents wants them to live, work where their parents want them to work and only engage in extracurricular activities sanctioned by their parents. Somehow choice seems to have been eliminated from the equation for them.

Maybe it will be different for the younger ones, but I question how well someone like Paul would even cope with living on his own at this point, never mind being married to someone.

Well yeah. Defining your success over how many kids and how old they are and how long you've been married.....errr doesn't seem that far removed from what a lot of these fundies define as success for a woman.

Man boy and his brothers have been denied the fullness of life experience, whatever that entailed. Anyway if man boy married a 25yo next year it is possible he could still produce a dozen heirs and not be particularly worse off than if he'd tied the knot sooner.

I am one year older, I have a teen son, and my husband and I also own our own home. I can honestly say if I was in Paul's position right now, I'd give seriously thought to suicide. Talk about your case of arrested development...

What the fuck is wrong with you? You think someone with a mental problem should kill themselves because they live at home with their parents at 33 and you don't? You call yourself a grown woman but you just attacked a mentally stunted person and said he should kill himself. You are the one with the real problem - sorry to break it to you.

Oh good lord, calm down, that's not what she said. She said if she was in that situation it would be so depressing to her that she'd think about it. Which, personally, I would, too. No one is making fun of them or thinks they'd better off dead.

Yeesh, people are really testy on here lately.

Back to the topic, someone mentioned how all these men cope in terms of "all that testosterone", well, I'm guessing there's a fair amount of masturbation that goes on followed bot a lot of guilt about it. Not an uncommon occurrence in communities where people have to be celebate long term, though the main difference with those communities is that they choose to live like that, instead of being brain washed into (well, for the most part).

Oh good lord, calm down, that's not what she said. She said if she was in that situation it would be so depressing to her that she'd think about it. Which, personally, I would, too. No one is making fun of them or thinks they'd better off dead.

Yeesh, people are really testy on here lately.

Back to the topic, someone mentioned how all these men cope in terms of "all that testosterone", well, I'm guessing there's a fair amount of masturbation that goes on followed bot a lot of guilt about it. Not an uncommon occurrence in communities where people have to be celebate long term, though the main difference with those communities is that they choose to live like that, instead of being brain washed into (well, for the most part).

no one is making fun of them? This isn't your first time here, is it? There are literally hundreds of pages of posts making fun of them. And she certainly did insinuate that he should kill himself. She said she would consider it, and the insinuation was that he should, too.

I don't think that bullying someone and saying "you are so insignificant, if I was you I would consider suicide" is fucking funny AT ALL. I guess that poster wasn't the only one with a problem, if you see nothing wrong with her horrific statement.

Edited to add: a girl in my niece's grade was being harassed online. She was constantly being told to kill herself. Last year, she jumped from a ledge in a nearby state park. Hahaha! That's hysterical, right? "Chill out and calm down" - I think no. This is a serious problem and is only perpetuated by people like you making excuses and turning a blind eye. I'm not one of those people and I am not sorry for correcting her. Or you.

These people creep me out more than any other fundies we discuss here. There is something seriously wrong with this family. One guy in his 30s living at home and not seeming to care about getting out on his own or having a relationship is not a big deal. Some people just aren't interested in that sort of thing and that's perfectly fine. But multiple sons approaching or passing 30 and still seemingly content to live like 10-year-olds? Something's just not right there.

Please see a therapist.

Good comeback there! Steal it from your middle schooler?

I fear you are a sociopath, my dear. You sit here and snark until your fingers probably cramp up and seem to have no empathy for others. You are absolutely the one in need if therapy. Kiss kiss.

I'm going to go get some new OPI polish. Any suggestions on a new shade?

I'm craving a few in the San Francisco and the Euro Central collections.

A real pretty one is "grow the fuck up and be accountable for the horrible things you say and defend" - not sure if its right for you, though.

Archived