IGNORED

Happy 33rd birthday, Paul Arndt!

JenniferJuniper

I'm starting a new job tomorrow morning. Not sure of the office dress code/culture yet so I'm going with conservative gray and black. Thoughts on a nail color? I hate pinks and mauves.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HomegirlRuby please don't try to draw me into an argument that I'm not in or try to imply that I am participating in something that I am not.

Incognito in Sausalito has a certain appeal to me for my toes.

Red. Yellow. Maybe green.

I'm not a troll and the pedicure maneuver is hysterical.

I was thinking more of a manicure color. Closed toe shoes will hide the electric blue I have on my toes right now.

I'm starting a new job tomorrow morning. Not sure of the office dress code/culture yet so I'm going with conservative gray and black. Thoughts on a nail color? I hate pinks and mauves.

First Date at the Golden Gate is a nice orangish red. A Woman's Prague-ative is sparkly, but has a nice Fall feel to it.

Any suggestions for someone with crappy nails here? Mine are thin and prone to breaking (except for my thumbnails which seem to be made of some kind of rhino horn like material). I've seen ads for specific vitamins you can take to help with hair and nails...but, my problem is just nails, not hair. I'm afraid I'll have great nails but look like cousin it. If anyone knows some great products let me know!

I was recently told to try Seshe products. Sally Beauty is having a deal through the rest of the month where you buy Seshe Vite fast dry top coat and you get Seshe Clear base coat for free. I'm going to try it out, because I have thin, peeling, easily breakable nails too.

I was recently told to try Seshe products. Sally Beauty is having a deal through the rest of the month where you buy Seshe Vite fast dry top coat and you get Seshe Clear base coat for free. I'm going to try it out, because I have thin, peeling, easily breakable nails too.

Thanks for the heads up! There is a Sally next to my grocery store...dammit I wish I had known when I was getting groceries earlier today.

I'm digging the deep, dark purples this fall...thinking I may run by Target tomorrow to get this color:

http://www.target.com/p/nicole-by-opi-nail-polish-show-you-care/-/A-12964218#prodSlot=dlp_medium_1_15&term=opi+nail+polish

Any suggestions for someone with crappy nails here? Mine are thin and prone to breaking (except for my thumbnails which seem to be made of some kind of rhino horn like material). I've seen ads for specific vitamins you can take to help with hair and nails...but, my problem is just nails, not hair. I'm afraid I'll have great nails but look like cousin it. If anyone knows some great products let me know!

Julep has this o2 nail stuff. I'm not sure if it actually does anything, but I put it on when my nails get chipped or peeley and it does seem to help! I paint my nails a LOT and I just paint over this stuff. http://www.julep.com/shop/best-sellers/ ... tment.html

Thanks for the heads up! There is a Sally next to my grocery store...dammit I wish I had known when I was getting groceries earlier today.

I'm digging the deep, dark purples this fall...thinking I may run by Target tomorrow to get this color:

http://www.target.com/p/nicole-by-opi-nail-polish-show-you-care/-/A-12964218#prodSlot=dlp_medium_1_15&term=opi+nail+polish

Ooh, that is a pretty color. I kind of want to get the San Francisco mini collection, which has a couple of purplish colors in it, plus the First Date at the Golden Gate red.

Sooo.... It appears the 4 oldest Arndts are going on a road trip to Utah! No mention of it being a work trip. I wonder what they'll be doing there. They don't seem like the hiking/skiing type.

And Cathy :evil:

indeed!

seriously,I wonder if they do have low T.if not then they have been brainwashed pretty well,I presume.Usually that T and normal sex drive is enough to make a man go looking,and to say 'to heck!' with what his parents want.I say usually.

I wouldn't necessarily call this family funiie.are they religious at all? it just seems they had kids to keep them company and to remain kids all their lives,rather than to let them grow up and marry off to produce more offspring.

Perhaps navy blue? Seems it would fit your color scheme. Paired with a good red lipstick, you will be outstanding.

Perhaps navy blue? Seems it would fit your color scheme. Paired with a good red lipstick, you will be outstanding.

Navy was my suggestion, too. Or maybe pewter?

That's kind of strange isn't it with a group of Arndts going off to Colorado. I'd like to think they'll ski or something.

I like that Target OPI purple!

Oh they're going very soon? Well then hope they do the or something. There's so much that they could do if they'll just break free a tiny bit when they're away from home.

Sorry if this is old news but this is the first I had heard of this family, and I searched for their website and found this wonderful description:

A home-schooled family of 16; 13 sons, 1 daughter, two parents; all single births, none adopted.

"Our all-natural free-range children are all uterus-bred. No adoptees added."

Do you like pewter, Jimmy?

Pewter's nice, Mister Wolf.

(Sorry, I had to.)

Excellent suggestions, thank you both.

The Arndts are fundie Catholic. It may not extend to their clothes but it definitely affects their belief systems.

Cathy is from a devout Catholic family and she and Rick were married in the Roman Catholic Church. Some of the older boys went to Catholic school for a couple of years. But I'm pretty sure they are no longer Catholics. At least Rick said in an interview a few years ago he wasn't one. I'd be curious to know what caused them to leave, assuming Cathy has as well.

You guys are really l4t3 to the 1337 with the manicure/pedicure maneuver - it's not supposed to last four hours.

So back to "haha this mentally impaired person (if you have followed this family it is CLEAR that they have developmental delay and that they are not "normal" for their ages) lives at home because he doesn't have the necessary skills to care for himself and if that was me I would consider suicide" - because I am so bored with this.

Hmm, it seems to me like nail polish in general just isn't big right now like it used to be. I would recommend a natural look if your nails are in good shape, maybe either a no polish manicure or a french manicure but not the airbrush kind. Where I live I can usually get a manicure for only about $12.

Archived