IGNORED

Meredith and family visit "Disney"

bionicmlle

There is a decent Disney "complex" in SoCal and maybe that is what she meant? Like, Downtown Disney, Disneyland, California Adventure, etc.

I always called the whole shebang Disneyland when I lived in CA.

The official name for the complex is the Disneyland Resort.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The slug son has a good friend who's a cast member who works at CA Adventure at the Toy Story ride. I guess because I've been here so long, it's just Disneyland to me. I remember the ticket books and the highly coveted E Ticket Rides, and then back in the day when the unlimited tickets cost a whopping 6.75$.

It's changed so much in the last 40 years, the strawberry fields are gone, replaced by blacktop. Ah memories.

She has resiliance to smile while pregnant and walking around disneyland, in the hot sun. I'm hope she enjoyed her time in England.

Anyone else cringe at how tanned they get?? Can't be healthy to get so red. I know they're farmers and are out in the sun, but one pic looks like she has oil on her skin. Her mother has sun damaged skin, it really ages you.

Love the baby's name!

I don't understand why Meredith doesn't do her hair anymore. She's a pretty girl, but after she got engaged she became so frumpy. Her hair is similar to mine and even after letting it air dry, a quick go with a large barreled curling iron makes it look like a decent blowout. I wonder if nice hair makes her think of her "rebellious" period or something?

I don't understand why Meredith doesn't do her hair anymore. She's a pretty girl, but after she got engaged she became so frumpy. Her hair is similar to mine and even after letting it air dry, a quick go with a large barreled curling iron makes it look like a decent blowout. I wonder if nice hair makes her think of her "rebellious" period or something?

She had a rebellious period? When? Did she entertain thoughts of college or something?

She had a rebellious period? When? Did she entertain thoughts of college or something?

Apparently she lied about vitamins when she was three or something. ;)

In all serious, though, it was referred to on both her mother's blog and on her old blog, but I don't remember it ever being specifically written about. I think it was something as simple as she was hanging out with people her parents disagreed with in her mid-teens, but that could just my conjecture.

Thanks Mrs. Alexander for finally throwing us a bone! I was HUGE when pregnant(5'3 gaining 45 lbs. each time and the boys were almost 9lbs.)I think Mere looks small. I love the cleavage dress and that she is wearing capri's and took a pic in a bathing suit! Steve has been a good influence so far it seems.

However, does anyone else find it odd she went along on the family vacation to CA.being married and pregnant? Did she just go to attend the wedding or did she want to go with the family as she has missed them and wanted another family vacation? It must seem weird to her sleeping with Sheridan again now.

She doesn't look that big to me...I don't understand what you all are talking about.

Then again, I'm not all that familiar with pregnancy, etc.

I concur...I think she looks more like 5 months. I think she is tiny for 7 months! Emmiedahl, you think she's as big as a house? WTF? I look like that after a good meal, dangit!

I meant for a first pregnancy, of course. :) Damn, I am that big in pictures and I always feel like some form of aquatic mammal. Maybe she just looks bigger because she is rather small, btdt.

Whether she is big as a house also depends on how far along she is. For 8-9 months, she looks amazing, but if she is only 5-6??? That's why I keep asking, does anyone know how pg she actually is?

I'm not snarking. It's not your fault if you get big and it's all baby. My stomach is so messed up from doing it five times that I am planning on surgery someday to tighten things up a little.

I believe she was married in December and announced her pregnancy very shortly after. I think we determined it was a honeymoon baby.

Nope, I call it DisneyWorld. I worked for that company for many years and it was so frustrating to deal with the guests who wanted to buy park passes but wouldn't even know the name of the park that they wanted to go to.

Hehe! I spent many of my formative years living in the area. It was a rite of passage for most teens to work there. What always killed us was when people would say Disney World was the happiest place on earth. No, that's DisneyLAND. Disney WORLD is the most magical, dammit.

And sure, people call it Disney World, but also Disney. Or "the Mouse" if they're talking about economic impact.

Hehe! I spent many of my formative years living in the area. It was a rite of passage for most teens to work there. What always killed us was when people would say Disney World was the happiest place on earth. No, that's DisneyLAND. Disney WORLD is the most magical, dammit.

And sure, people call it Disney World, but also Disney. Or "the Mouse" if they're talking about economic impact.

Did you ever have to explain why it was "Walt Disney World," while the other park was just Disneyland?

Disneyland - grew up in the OC.

And I want Jesus for my travel agent.

No doubt, I bet you could get the best deals. Hello First Class! :dance:

I don't think Meredith looks happy.

Blow up the pictures. There are lots of them. In all but a few, Meredith's eyes look so serious and sad. This is a newlywed expecting her first child, fresh off an exciting adventure in England?

Maybe being pregnant is hard on her. It is for lots of women. But for whatever reason, her eyes look sad and her expression is forced.

I wish she had married a Virginia farm boy, and stayed around the area near her family, grandmother, friends, etc.

Raw milk can be purchased in the stores in CA. We loaded up when we arrived so we'd have milk to go on the many boxes of coupon bargain cereal we brought in our suitcase.

They fly a family of eight to California for ten days and go to "Disney" ;) (can't be that cheap) and yet they bring boxes of coupon cereal in their suitcase? I don't get it.

They fly a family of eight to California for ten days and go to "Disney" ;) (can't be that cheap) and yet they bring boxes of coupon cereal in their suitcase? I don't get it.

Bargain cereal, and EXPENSIVE milk. (don't get me wrong, I like high quality raw milk, but...)

Naw, I think she just looks pregnant--her skin does look different, and I'm going to attribute it to too much sun and pregnancy. She's got some crow's feet starting already.

I don't think Meredith looks happy.

Blow up the pictures. There are lots of them. In all but a few, Meredith's eyes look so serious and sad. This is a newlywed expecting her first child, fresh off an exciting adventure in England?

Maybe being pregnant is hard on her. It is for lots of women. But for whatever reason, her eyes look sad and her expression is forced.

I wish she had married a Virginia farm boy, and stayed around the area near her family, grandmother, friends, etc.

Naw, I think she just looks pregnant--her skin does look different, and I'm going to attribute it to too much sun and pregnancy. She's got some crow's feet starting already.

Might also be her no-makeup regime as preferred by her husband. We are used to seeing her with makeup.

Meredith just irks me these days.

It seems like she has the world's most charmed life. I know that slaughtering chickens was pretty awful, but just in general it seems that everything she wants just falls into her lap. Wanted a husband without dating - she got a Rhodes scholar. She got her dream wedding dress for $30. She wanted babies - she got pregnant on her honeymoon. She isn't fat and miserable pregnant, she's going on vacations, she gets to live in England... it just seems like she has a pretty charmed life with far less hardships than most people encounter, especially fundies.

Maybe everything isn't perfect beneath the surface, but from here things sure look pretty sweet. She's so perfect that I find her off-putting.

i agree about the hair, whoever said she seemed to make no effort with it. even up in a pony, it looks fly-away and sloppy. she used to look so put together!

plus, in all of the pictures, she has her head cocked off to the side. ALL of them!

but...she's still a pretty girl! sheridan looks so much older!

Given that this blog entry was written in early July, Mere would have been about 6 months at that point so still time for her to plump out.

Archived