IGNORED

Meredith and family visit "Disney"

bionicmlle

As a California girl it really irritates me when people say "Disney" when they really mean "Disneyland" but whatever...

New pictures of Meredith with child ("Meredith and Maggie!") and the trip to "disney" with the rest of her clan. Is it just me or does Sheridan look like she has adjusted just fine to Meredith being gone? "Sweet Sheridan" looks like she is managing those boys just fine... :lol:

http://www.alexanderadventuresfamilyblo ... gspot.com/

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep wondering what Dear Steven is going to think when he actually has the result of a quiverfull lifestyle, since he wasn't raised in it and was a late convert. I keep thinking he might run screaming back the the UU family when the fourth kid under 5 pops out.

How far along is Meredith? The blog goes on about how tiny her stomach is, and she looks about seven months (although it's her first and you are usually smaller... maybe more in that case). If her belly is so tiny for her due date, then she is pretty far along. Should she be traveling so far?

We feared we were headed into the belly of the beast leaving our conservative, southern town in Virginia for carefree California but we were pleasantly surprised to see the places we visited were no different than our hometown in the south.

WTF? Did they think the Californians would charge them, demanding they have abortions and kiss the same gendered people? This is why I think the Alexanders are dumbasses and I always have.

Meredith looks -- okay. Some women seem to internally glow when pregnant. She is not one of them but she looks happy enough. Question -- did she always wear jeans?

I keep wondering what Dear Steven is going to think when he actually has the result of a quiverfull lifestyle, since he wasn't raised in it and was a late convert. I keep thinking he might run screaming back the the UU family when the fourth kid under 5 pops out.

Well, considering he's going into the military, he'll likely be deployed and avoid most of it.

How far along is Meredith? The blog goes on about how tiny her stomach is, and she looks about seven months (although it's her first and you are usually smaller... maybe more in that case). If her belly is so tiny for her due date, then she is pretty far along. Should she be traveling so far?

Dunno due date although someone once mentioned it after a FB post.

I thought she certainly looked ... uh... ready to nurse.

bionicmlle, I get big as a damn house when I am pregnant, probably because I have narrow hips so the baby is way the fuck out there in front of me. When I was 7-8 months pregnant with my first, I was about her size, I think. I was just curious because they were saying how small she is, and I was considered someone with a huge belly (people would ask me if I was having twins) so I thought, OMG, she must be about to deliver?

Or, they don't wanna be assholes and point out that, yes, the girl is as big as a pachyderm :)

Wow, I was shocked to see her wearing pants and jeans. And that low-cut dress- certainly not fundie approved? But I think she looks great! I'm just glad to see she's apparently happy... sigh, I miss her blog.

Gee, I think she looks pretty, and MUCH happier since she got sprung from the workfarm! Gotta love the dress with the cleavage.

I hope she's happy. At least they flew out to CA and didn't drive all that way. And for God's sake they were in Orange County, a veritable hot bed of Republicanism and mega churched (Rick Warren).

Both my kids have premium Disneyland passes and go at least every 2 weeks. They'd snicker if someone called it "Disney".

She looks cute in her black maternity swim suit too. I think she was practical as far as dressing, I can't see her milking cows and slaughtering chickens like some of the fundie families wearing a long skirt.

We don't know what goes on with she and Stephen, maybe things are good.

Enh... maybe I was reading something into the pics. It's funny how we can all look at the same pics and think differently about them. She didn't look bad, I'm not trying to say that at all. She just looked tired and less "smiley" to me. I'd probably feel the same way if I was hauling a 7 to 8 month pregnant belly and swollen feet around Disneyland.

...the Lord worked out all the details for us to spend ten days in California having fun and making memories at a family wedding and then at Disney, Legoland, and the beach.

While the rest of us work out the details of our vacations ourselves...

She doesn't look that big to me...I don't understand what you all are talking about.

Then again, I'm not all that familiar with pregnancy, etc.

Enh... maybe I was reading something into the pics. It's funny how we can all look at the same pics and think differently about them. She didn't look bad, I'm not trying to say that at all. She just looked tired and less "smiley" to me. I'd probably feel the same way if I was hauling a 7 to 8 month pregnant belly and swollen feet around Disneyland.

She does not have that glow-y, sparkling, Cullen-in-the-sunlight look that some people get when they are pregnant. I never get that look either. Some people have *thought* that I had it in the early months, but it is really paleness from anemia and vomiting.

If I had to go to Disneyland that pregnant, I would be a bad-tempered bitch. You can't even ride the good rides, and it is HOT this time of year. I found Legoland to be a bit disappointing personally, but it was because most rides required one parent per child and I was alone there with four children.

I hope she's happy. At least they flew out to CA and didn't drive all that way. And for God's sake they were in Orange County, a veritable hot bed of Republicanism and mega churched (Rick Warren).

Both my kids have premium Disneyland passes and go at least every 2 weeks. They'd snicker if someone called it "Disney".

She looks cute in her black maternity swim suit too. I think she was practical as far as dressing, I can't see her milking cows and slaughtering chickens like some of the fundie families wearing a long skirt.

We don't know what goes on with she and Stephen, maybe things are good.

You DO call WDW Disney, though, in Florida. Because it's not like you're going to get it confused with Disneyland, there, and with 4 main parks plus the water parks it's a lot easier to say you're going to "Disney" when you intend to park-hop.

There is a decent Disney "complex" in SoCal and maybe that is what she meant? Like, Downtown Disney, Disneyland, California Adventure, etc.

I always called the whole shebang Disneyland when I lived in CA.

So I guess Meredith and fam is more fundie-lite? Don't most hardcore fundies believe that all things Disney are eeeeeeeeeevilllllllll?

They were in Santa Maria and I missed it! That is a very short drive from where I live. I could have stalked them! I'm glad they were pleasantly surprised with us evil Californians.

You DO call WDW Disney, though, in Florida. Because it's not like you're going to get it confused with Disneyland, there, and with 4 main parks plus the water parks it's a lot easier to say you're going to "Disney" when you intend to park-hop.

Nope, I call it DisneyWorld. I worked for that company for many years and it was so frustrating to deal with the guests who wanted to buy park passes but wouldn't even know the name of the park that they wanted to go to.

Archived