IGNORED

Sunshine Mary warns childless women will become mentally ill

snuggles911

There's a lot of this childless/childfree blaming at the moment, which I find very worrying. It's pure common sense, a woman who doesn't want children shouldn't have them. How would *making* a woman have children even be a vaguely rational concept?

I don't want and shouldn't have children and this is why:

I don't have a partner and am not looking for one.

My finances are extremely precarious. I am about to give up my shared flat for a room in shared accommodation for financial reasons. People would be reluctant to take me on with a baby in tow.

My health is likewise precarious and I have a history of addiction.

If I became pregnant I would have to give up my job and live on benefits. My employer is very generous but is not going to cover the £10K for childcare which is well over half my wage. I thought fundies were opposed to welfare? I'm working just now, I wouldn't be with a kid.

Is Shitstain really suggesting that broke unwell communists with a history of addiction who would end up as parents on welfare should be reproducing just because they're female? I'd be surprised :lol:

I also love the idea that it's "narcissism" and the "me me me" culture. My options aren't "rich career woman with a toned hot body sipping cocktails on the beach" or "loving Christian mum who's a homemaker while daddy goes out to earn his 100k wage". My options are "Carry on working so you have enough money to pay the rent, and go in even if you're sick because you can't afford to lose the money" or "Get signed off and go through an ATOS assessment, which will tell you you're fit for work, and lose all your benefits." It is a stark choice, and bringing babies into it would be cruel to the baby.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But if you accept that bad things can happen to good people through no fault of their own, then that means that... oh god... bad things might happen to YOU.

Not long ago I read one of her fans, in the comments section of her blog, mention the need to read and fully understand the Book of Job. Now, I don't know what that fan's takeaway from reading it was, other than she must have skipped right to the last few lines.

And if you're a mental Jenga tower like Sunshine Mary and her fans, such ideas are unbearable.

Such ideas might also put a crimp in their favourite hobby, Point 'n' Sneer.

Are we absolutely certain that someone hasn't hi-jacked Sunshine Mary's identity (other than Sunshine Gary haha) to write this blog? Her latest post is an almost manic response to a fluff piece in the daily mail. I accept the article she has herself in a mess over is trash but it wasn't exactly pretending to be anything else. It is the kind of thing most rational people would roll their eyes at, perhaps have a giggle at and then move on.

Her latest post plays right to the bulk of her readership, the loyal denizens of the Manosphere. OOOOHHHH the MISANDRY!!

The answer is women can never almost never get it right in the world of morons like Sunshine Mary. The ideal is so unattainable for most women - no wonder these MRA types are sexually frustrated when they set such an impossibly high bar for women coupled with an inferiority complex. (I think I'm convinced at this point that SSM is actually a dude).

I think these idiots would WANT women like myself - atheist, feminist career types - to NOT have children so they can outbreed us. Btw, I'm not totally opposed to having kids, but the financial situation at this time makes it not such a great idea for my husband and I to procreate. My mom was a teenage mom and I spent the first several years of my life being raised by my grandparents who lived on disability. Typical lunch was a mayonnaise sandwich (sometimes we got the fancy addition of government cheese) and a typical dinner was the cheapest hotdogs at the store with macaroni & cheese. I never knew as a kid just how poor we were, but as an adult I see how not getting certain opportunities as a kid as held me back more than some of my peers - the ramifications aren't temporary, but often life long.

I'm not saying I had a bad childhood, but I would prefer to give a child the sort of things I wasn't able to have - and right now I'm not sure I could swing it. Having children for the sake of having children isn't really the best philosophy to follow if you want to raise healthy, well adjusted kids.

There's a lot of this childless/childfree blaming at the moment, which I find very worrying. It's pure common sense, a woman who doesn't want children shouldn't have them. How would *making* a woman have children even be a vaguely rational concept?

I don't want and shouldn't have children and this is why:

"Because I don't want to." ;)

Disclaimer: I have three kids. But I don't think anyone should have to ever explain their reproductive choices to anyone not directly involved.

So how would shitstain deal with it if women were forced to have children who didn't want to and ended up being terrible parents? Who would she blame then?

Do you have children? If not, you must be narcissistic, according to Sunshine Mary at sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com. What's worse, you will likely become mentally ill and you are surely headed toward spending your last days alone, in a nursing home.

Poor Sarah Maxwell and the Botkin sisters are doomed to insanity and nursing homes... should someone tell them?

Not long ago I read one of her fans, in the comments section of her blog, mention the need to read and fully understand the Book of Job. Now, I don't know what that fan's takeaway from reading it was, other than she must have skipped right to the last few lines.

Probably went like this: *skim a few lines* These friends of Job sound like really stand-up guys! *toss aside Bible*

Archived