IGNORED

Abigail Pregnant with #6

GeoBQn

The really messed up thing with Abigail is that she's not just being careless, like a Jen Fulwiler (deadly blood clotting disorder) 'oh hehe I really shouldn't be pregnant again but we're just so bad at NFP!' type of thing. Abigail was actively trying to get pregnant again. She made a post not long after her last child was born about how she and her husband weren't using NFP at all.

I think she has a pathological need for approval and praise. Maybe she expected to get that as a law student/lawyer and was disappointed. So she threw herself into hardcore Catholicism, figuring she could be The Most Amazing Catholic Woman. When people aren't fawning over her, she can't handle the idea that it's just because they don't care for her. They can't just be indifferent, they must be attacking her. When she doesn't get the positive attention and praise that she craves, she dreams up negative attention instead, and spins it in a way that (she thinks) makes her look like a martyr. She is truly unstable.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounded like Abigail was basically saying "I'm losing friends again. It's probably because I'm so spiritual. *sigh*" No, if it's happening at all it's probably because she says shit like this.

I wonder if any negativity she is getting is from the other people in her Carmel group? I imagine her shirking her duties in the group would not go over well.

Lung transplant is not a cure for CF. you don't get lungs until you need them IF you choose to get them at all, and lots with CF do not go for lung transplants. Even then new lungs extend the life with CF an average if 5-7 years as opposed to the 20 years other lung recipients experience. The sinuses that drip into those new lungs still have CF and eventually most lung recipients do start culturing garbage again.

Right now, kids get priority over pediatric lungs but they don't show up that frequently. Putting adult lungs in kids is risky, the girl at CHOP who sued is not doing so well for all the reasons it's currently against the rules.

New lungs won't cure CF and don't alter what it is like to live with CF. It's just another layer of yuck to addto the yuck you already live in.

There is NO WAY Abigail could and would rise to the level of care and attention required for this disease.

Thank you. I see fundraisers for lungs for CF kids on occasion, and it's always hard to say no, but at the same time, those lungs could be going to someone who will get better use of them. As a human being, I completely understand that a parent wants to extend the life of their child. As a person who knows it is an expensive, temporary fix, I am not sure it is the best use of lungs. But I am not a doctor, or parent of a child with CF, so I will throw a few dollars in the pot and carry on.

I am wondering if Abigail made that up. She has five kids and no CF, so maybe she beat the odds, or maybe she knows she doesn't really have the risks she said she did. She didn't mention anyone in her family having CF, only on her husband's side. I hope she was lying.

Thank you. I see fundraisers for lungs for CF kids on occasion, and it's always hard to say no, but at the same time, those lungs could be going to someone who will get better use of them. As a human being, I completely understand that a parent wants to extend the life of their child. As a person who knows it is an expensive, temporary fix, I am not sure it is the best use of lungs. But I am not a doctor, or parent of a child with CF, so I will throw a few dollars in the pot and carry on.

I am wondering if Abigail made that up. She has five kids and no CF, so maybe she beat the odds, or maybe she knows she doesn't really have the risks she said she did. She didn't mention anyone in her family having CF, only on her husband's side. I hope she was lying.

My aunt has 5 kids. The youngest has CF. One of her husbands (I will NOT call that man (who is now dead thank his noodlness) my uncle) uncles did as a young child of a lung disease. No one on our side has ever had CF or, as far as we know died of anything lung related. They did not know they were carriers until my cousin was born. So yes they could have been beating he odds.

Because we actually care about the well-being of even our hypothetical children. They're not just another notch in the "I'm oh so holy!" column for us.

Agree!

Am I correct that you are saying that you'd rather new lungs go to people other than "children with CF" because you believe that other people have a better chance at living a longer, healthier life?

Second, I am not sure what you mean that you hope Abigail is lying. Do you mean that she might not have the risk factors she claims? and if so, is it because she said that there is no CF on her side of the family?

I just want to make sure that I understand what you are saying.

Also, I know that this was posted a month ago, but I just saw it:

I can't fathom it either. I used to follow this woman on Twitter, mostly to find out how her baby was doing. She had an older child who died of (at the time) unknown causes. Then she had a healthy child, then a child who needed a transplant, at which time they found out they had a high (1/4 I think) chance of having another child in need of a transplant. They had 2 more kids, both of whom needed transplants, which they knew long before the kids were born, if I remember rightly. The youngest died at less than a year old after pain and surgeries and most of a life in hospital, the older 2 have differing medical issues. I had to stop following her because it was all so unnecessary.

The way that this sentence is worded confuses me. Are you saying that the parents knew - before 2 of the children were born - that those particular children would need transplants?

Am I correct that you are saying that you'd rather new lungs go to people other than "children with CF" because you believe that other people have a better chance at living a longer, healthier life?

Second, I am not sure what you mean that you hope Abigail is lying. Do you mean that she might not have the risk factors she claims? and if so, is it because she said that there is no CF on her side of the family?

I just want to make sure that I understand what you are saying.

Also, I know that this was posted a month ago, but I just saw it:

The way that this sentence is worded confuses me. Are you saying that the parents knew - before 2 of the children were born - that those particular children would need transplants?

I'm assuming they found out the children had the disorder from amniocentisis. There was a lady I followed on a parenting board who was similar. First child had rare genetic disorder that required a bone marrow transplant. She got pregnant again by accident (she had to do IVF to get pregnant the first time, so she assumed she couldn't get pregnant naturally) and had amniocentisis done to see if the baby had the same disorder. He did.

No. I am just wondering HOW MANY transplants these children will need in a lifetime. It's not a minor procedure and if it doesn't cure it or if the lungs only last for ten years, then that is an enormous amount of stress on the kids' body, along with the anti-rejection medication. Chaos pretty much answered it for me. I could never make the judgment over who should or shouldn't get organs, but the organ transplant organizations do. If I needed a heart, as a cancer survivor nearing 50, and a 17 year old needed that same heart, I would certainly hope the child would get it over me. It's the way it works...who has the best chance of living the longest, healthiest life afterwards?

People lie on the internet. **cough Razing Ruth and Warrior Eli** The person behind RR exaggerated her child's heart condition. Warrior Eli made up a child with cancer. (Not hers, thank goodness) I hope she IS lying, actually, because I hope #6 has NO odds of suffering from such a horrible illness.

If she's lying then her husband's either in on it or he doesn't care, because he reads her blog. Unfortunately I think she's telling the truth and they have been very, very lucky so far.

The city I moved from a year ago has as many Catholic schools as public schools. Most of the schools accept students for whom English is a second language. My grandson's kindergarten class this past year was mostly immigrants from Ethiopia and Somalia. My grandson is Spanish/English bilingual. They also accept some special ed students, including LD. The students needing special ed will go to the closest public school at the beginning of the day or the end of the day for their special ed services. There is also a van that goes to the Catholic schools and the students have class in the van. My kids' Catholic school had both a blind student and several deaf and hard of hearing students. There are also occasionally students in the Catholic schools needing catheterizations, also tube feedings. All the Catholic schools have licensed school nurses from the public school system assigned to them.

My Catholic high school (in a large suburban Archdiocese) had no special education program but did partner with an outside organization for a year or two to provide special education services. They had a couple of students with mild to moderate Down Syndrome, not sure if there were any blind or deaf students in the program, but then the next year they stopped with it.

A friend of mine has some learning disabilities/mild developmental issues, and honestly our high school wasn't equipped to provide her the education she needed. She ended up failing a few courses senior year and was issued a "certificate of completion" instead of a legit HS degree. She has a full-time mail room job through a group that helps people with disabilities find education, but she'd have to get a GED now to qualify for a lot of jobs.

While there are some things about my Catholic education I greatly appreciate, it still kind of bothers me that there are not more resources devoted to educating those with special needs. Just seems like it would be more a priority of Jesus, ya know?

Archived