IGNORED

Abigail Pregnant with #6

GeoBQn

She has also had C-sections with, I think, every one of her children. She insists that the doctors tell her each time that there is no problem, but come on... 5 or 6 C-sections cannot be good for your uterus.

I had three caesareans, two of them emergency, in three years, and my doctors have told me that I can safely have one more, so long as it's at least three years after the last one (it will be at least seven years if I do have another child), and have an elective caesarean at 38 weeks so I don't labor.

There is no way that they would be happy with me having a caesarean birth every two years until menopause (and neither would I!)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said this before, but I bet if Abigail had a kid with CF, she would talk about how she is stronger Catholic because of it and I can picture her asking for donations to take the kid to Lourdes.

It's ridiculous to pray for twins after conception, but in a way it could make sense to pray for not twins. Because if she did conceive twins, one of the fetuses could still miscarry, and this could happen early enough that she would never even know she had been pregnant with twins. It's almost like she's asking God to kill one of her precious babies if two of them do already exist. I guess she hasn't thought this through very far.

I don't follow Abigail, just what's here on FJ. How old is her youngest? I know she was complaining about "secondary infertility" but I'm just wondering what the actual age gap is going to be.

Unbelievable. At best those 2 morons are bringing another child in to the world who will experience food insecurity on a regular basis. At worst, they could be bringing in a child into the world who will have Cystic Fibrosis, which Abigail would consider ideal because then she could really practice "holiness".

I hate these people.

No, no, no. This is fucking irresponsible. Abigail, you're a selfish bitch. If this kid is born with CF and you could have prevented it, all your false piety will mean absolutely nothing, you know that? Goddammit, WHY do people squander their children like this?! They are people, not extra beads on your rosary for fuck's sake! Damn you to hell!

Fuck, I forgot about the cystic fibrosis. I simply can't fathom anybody rolling the dice like that. Last month, my husband and I took two days off of work to drive 3 hours to Chicago to get Jewish genetic testing done. When they offered an expanded test for 80+ diseases at no additional cost, we took it because I would never be able to forgive myself if we had a child with a genetic illness when there was a way to prevent it. The importance of genetic testing and counseling has been drummed so thoroughly into our community that the rate of Jewish children born with Tay Sachs has been reduced to almost 0. How is trying for a kid with a genetic illness "pro-life?"

[And we got the results. Long story short, we are not carriers for the same diseases and that is such a relief to me.]

Good to hear!

I can't fathom it either. I used to follow this woman on Twitter, mostly to find out how her baby was doing. She had an older child who died of (at the time) unknown causes. Then she had a healthy child, then a child who needed a transplant, at which time they found out they had a high (1/4 I think) chance of having another child in need of a transplant. They had 2 more kids, both of whom needed transplants, which they knew long before the kids were born, if I remember rightly. The youngest died at less than a year old after pain and surgeries and most of a life in hospital, the older 2 have differing medical issues. I had to stop following her because it was all so unnecessary.

As for the cesarean question, each cesarean causes much higher risks in future pregnancies as well as during birth. By about the 4th cesarean, the risk is so high for serious complications, that a vaginal birth is less risky than another cesarean, because the numbers increase far more dramatically for cesareans. By a 6th cesarean, the numbers are far worse...vbacfacts.com/2009/08/03/risk-of-serious-complications-increase-with-each-cesarean-surgery/

You know, just today I was reading something about CF and was reminded of Abigail and her game of genetic roulette; and I actually thought "Well, maybe she's done having babies to risk with CF." Did I jinx it? :?

Seriously, though, that poor child-- even is he or she dodges the cystic fibrosis bullet, they still have to deal with their trainwrecky momma, her poor home-schooling, food insecurity, and the idea that Mommy's holiness is somehow more important than their basic needs. That makes me sad. :cry:

I wonder if those hardcore Catholics actually judged her so harshly for being pregnant. You know how she likes to be a victim. Maybe they just said it might be better to postpone things for when she is feeling a bit better.

No, no, no. This is fucking irresponsible. Abigail, you're a selfish bitch. If this kid is born with CF and you could have prevented it, all your false piety will mean absolutely nothing, you know that? Goddammit, WHY do people squander their children like this?! They are people, not extra beads on your rosary for fuck's sake! Damn you to hell!

Well said! I can't imagine having a child that might have a genetic disease, it's a risk I don't want to take.

I don't follow Abigail, just what's here on FJ. How old is her youngest? I know she was complaining about "secondary infertility" but I'm just wondering what the actual age gap is going to be.

Her youngest was born in March 2012, so it will be two years. Her second youngest was born August 2010. Her third youngest was born, I believe, in May 2007. So that's the bout of secondary infertility she's talking about. Basically she spent about 2 1/2 years not being able to get pregnant. It's not only that, though. She has called herself 'infertile'. She has insisted on it. She has five young children, but because there was a 2 1/2 year gap in the middle, she is infertile.

Baby is due in March? Is the pee dry yet?

She needs to announce early. She already had one full funeral mass and burial service for a first trimester miscarriage, so if it happens again that means more attention for her :roll: And she is CARRYING THE CROSS of multiple c-sections, so how dare you interrupt her sackcloth and ashes?!

Her youngest was born 3/21/12, so she will be right at 2yo if everything goes normally with this pregnancy.

I wonder if those hardcore Catholics actually judged her so harshly for being pregnant. You know how she likes to be a victim. Maybe they just said it might be better to postpone things for when she is feeling a bit better.

They might have judged her for getting pregnant and then trying to be a lay Carmelite. They are probably pissed she is taking the vows of the order so lightly when they take it so seriously.

It's a little like being a fake Jew. She's twisting the beliefs to fit her only selfish wants. She's a fake Carmelite.

Her youngest was born in March 2012, so it will be two years. Her second youngest was born August 2010. Her third youngest was born, I believe, in May 2007. So that's the bout of secondary infertility she's talking about. Basically she spent about 2 1/2 years not being able to get pregnant. It's not only that, though. She has called herself 'infertile'. She has insisted on it. She has five young children, but because there was a 2 1/2 year gap in the middle, she is infertile.

Didn't she have a miscarriage during that gap? That isn't exactly infertility, either (unless she is totally unable to carry a baby, which she isn't. Miscarriages happen even to fertile women).

She needs to announce early. She already had one full funeral mass and burial service for a first trimester miscarriage, so if it happens again that means more attention for her :roll: And she is CARRYING THE CROSS of multiple c-sections, so how dare you interrupt her sackcloth and ashes?!

Her youngest was born 3/21/12, so she will be right at 2yo if everything goes normally with this pregnancy.

Wait, she had a funeral mass and burial for her miscarriage? How? What priest would go along with that?

Wait, she had a funeral mass and burial for her miscarriage? How? What priest would go along with that?

abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/2007/08/loss.html

I'm honestly surprised she found a priest to do that. The way I was raised (I remember when my cousin miscarried), people believed either a.) unless the baby breathes, there is not a death or b.) until the age of 7, the age of reason, children who die before that enter immediately into the presence of God, and the mass celebrated is a Mass of the Angels, not a funeral mass.

I'm honestly surprised she found a priest to do that. The way I was raised (I remember when my cousin miscarried), people believed either a.) unless the baby breathes, there is not a death or b.) until the age of 7, the age of reason, children who die before that enter immediately into the presence of God, and the mass celebrated is a Mass of the Angels, not a funeral mass.

But, but, but...PRO-LIFE!!1!!11 Every sperm is sacred!

Burying my son was one of those things, I just had to do as a mother. I had one son who was eighteen months old at the time and I couldn't imagine treating his younger brother any differently at death.

...really? I mean, I know it's normal to be upset about a miscarriage, but she really can't see a difference between an 18mo toddler and a 12wk fetus? SMH. I can give them some form of credit for consistency, but I wonder if it's all just to make a political point.

Holy shit!! How did she even know it was a boy? And what theel is a conception party? This woman is seriously crazy. I mean a miscarriage is hard, but this is extreme. She had to have a deahth irtificate? A "big boy funeral"? Damn.

I remember in late 90s or early 00s, my brother was friends with a couple who had a funeral mass for a miscarriage. The burial was only a family thing because it was on a relative's property.

The priest's homily talk about Francisco's equality before God. The young deacon looked carefully at the funeral handout which featured pictures of our happy conception party for Francisco that April.

This is a thing????? :o

How do you celebrate the day you concieved? With a cake with sperm drawn on in icing?

How do you celebrate the day you concieved? With a cake with sperm drawn on in icing?

I thought the conception itself was the celebration. Well, one of us is doing it wrong . . .

You can find priests that will do anything. My bipolar SIL was being led down the fairy path by a priest who said she had prophetic dreams. I had to write the Bishop for the diocese to get that shit shut down. To be fair, he shut it down hard and that priest was sent to an entirely different state.

Have a party the day after every time you have sex. Take pictures of the party. If you get your period, delete the pictures and start over for a new month.

Is this woman basically playing Russian Roulette with genetics? Seriously, theres a chance her kid could have cystic fibrosis, shes already managed to have five kids without...surely shes pushing her luck now. Is she actually trying for a sick kid? Will that give her the woe is me points that she so desperately wants to have to the point where she compared herself to an orphan because her parents worked and put her in daycare?

Ding, ding, ding! As horrible as it sounds, I truly think she would like nothing better than to have a sick child. More attention for her and she can play the martyr. And continue to not use her law degree while her children go hungry because that's what God wants :roll:. This woman is an awful human being.

I'm assuming you were raised Catholic, right? Concerning the bolded, this is what makes me wonder in astonishment at the Catholic Church nowadays, being all "PRO-LIFE!!!!111!!!" and churches having shrines for the unborn killed by abortion and sending teens to Washington DC to participate in pro-life marches, because although I was raised Catholic and don't remember a thing being said to me one way or the other, my husband (who went through 9 years of Catholic school) remembers hearing this same thing - the baby has to take a breath. He doesn't remember where he learned that from, but it had to have been in his Catholic school, right?

Archived