IGNORED

Looks like tomorrow's the big day... - Brantley Disharoon

justlurking

"As I sat enjoying the wedding and reception, I couldn't help think back to eight years ago, when the Redman family met the Disharoon family. We have watched Brantley grow up. We have seen him work hard in the family business, as an intern and as Doug Phillips assistant at Vision Forum, and eventually in his own business. We have also seen his love for Lindsay blossom, as they prepared to be husband and wife. From the time Brantley was a young man he has desired a large family. We pray that the Lord will bless Brantley and Lindsay with Godly seed."

Words fail me. :(

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold on just a second - according to that link to the case, Brantly was 13 years old at the time? 13??

How is this stuff in the public domain. Are there no child offence laws? Up here minors are not identified by their full names - or even by their initials.

I'm not defending him exactly, but from everyone's state of high dudgeon I assumed he was an adult offender at least.

Jeez. If he was doing that kind of thing at 13, was he abused himself? Not that it's an excuse, but it might be an explanation. Sometimes when kids act out sexually it's a sign.

Hold on just a second - according to that link to the case, Brantly was 13 years old at the time? 13??

How is this stuff in the public domain. Are there no child offence laws? Up here minors are not identified by their full names - or even by their initials.

I'm not defending him exactly, but from everyone's state of high dudgeon I assumed he was an adult offender at least.

The GA case involving a Brantley Disharoon (BD) is in the public domain because BD filed for discharge & acquittal of the charges against him, on the grounds that the State failed to provide him with a speedy trial.The court disagreed.

Here is an excerpt from a legal reporting source called "Daily Report Online," published November 9, 2007. For some reason, it was accessible a couple of days ago when doing a Google search, but may have gone behind the paywall. In any case, just google BD's name, and you'll get several case summaries -- all of them in the public domain.

"Headnote: The Court of Appeals affirmed the denial of Brantley Disharoon’s speedy trial motion for discharge and acquittal

on charges of aggravated sodomy, aggravated sexual battery and child molestation, holding that the trial court did not

abuse its discretion. Although the 58-month delay between Disharoon’s arrest and his scheduled trial date, was

presumptively prejudicial, the reason for the delay could not be attributed to either the state or Disharoon. There was no

evidence that the state intentionally delayed the trial, Disharoon moved for three continuances and requested that the case

be continued until the next court term in two of his motions, Disharoon never asserted his statutory right to a speedy trial

and did not assert his constitutional right until approximately two weeks before his scheduled trial, there was no oppressive

pretrial incarceration, no evidence showed that the delay caused Disharoon undue anxiety and concern and Disharoon

failed to show that the delay impaired his defense. The Court also held that Disharoon failed to show harm from any

allegedly improper findings or the trial court’s allegedly unsupported conclusion that very few persons taking the SAT are ‘

"16 or younger." ’"

ETA: Apologies for not clarifying why details of this case are in the public domain. Legal people here, please correct if need be, but as I understand things, because of the appeal & resulting court finding, the case essentially becomes part of case law. Thus, a summary of the case with citations, etc. is published for reference and the future benefit of attorneys & the courts.

"As I sat enjoying the wedding and reception, I couldn't help think back to eight years ago, when the Redman family met the Disharoon family. We have watched Brantley grow up. We have seen him work hard in the family business, as an intern and as Doug Phillips assistant at Vision Forum, and eventually in his own business. We have also seen his love for Lindsay blossom, as they prepared to be husband and wife. From the time Brantley was a young man he has desired a large family. We pray that the Lord will bless Brantley and Lindsay with Godly seed."

:shock:

Me, too.

He was convicted of simple battery - a misdemeanor and given a first offender sentence. He has completed his sentence... so he has no convictions...

It is public domain because he was charged (and convicted) as an adult.

Guest Anonymous
He was convicted of simple battery - a misdemeanor and given a first offender sentence. He has completed his sentence... so he has no convictions...

Do you happen to know if he pled guilty to a lesser charge as part of a deal, or did it go to a jury with that result?

Do you happen to know if he pled guilty to a lesser charge as part of a deal, or did it go to a jury with that result?

That looks fishy to me. Can't tell for sure based on what's online, though. I wish I knew more GA attorneys so I could get someone to look in the actual court file and see what's on public record.

I wonder if the bride genuinely does not know about his past. Would her Dad have told her anything? If she has heard anything about his criminal struggles, it would have been filtered through fundies and would be framed as some epic struggle to overcome the persecution of evil people accusing this poor innocent boy of something he didn't do. I'm sure she does not have the full story.

Those wedding pictures were weird. That guy looks so much the rapist I went to college with it is not even funny. It's something about the smug expression his face. He looks like a sleazy frat boy who should be in an Axe commercial. Yeah, I know you can't tell a sex offender just by looking at him, but if I saw that guy at a bar I would not leave my drink unattended in his vicinity.

Completely OT, but I am surprised that a fundie bride wore such a normal wedding dress. That would definitely be defrauding, even for Duggar standards which have relaxed a lot since they became mainstream. It's low-cut and the shoulders are only covered by lace. I think it's pretty but I wouldn't call it modest. I don't know about this specific family, but would she be allowed to wear a more-casual version of that on a normal day, or do they just make exceptions for weddings. And what is with the wedding that have so many flower girls? Trying to make everyone special makes nobody special. Three flower girls is a little much.

I think someone here told her with a private FB message, and she/Brantley/their families contacted Yuku to get it removed. It was part of the reason for the move.

I'm with you. I was sipping a San Pellegrino Limonata and almost saw it come back up when I read that. Especially the end.

Squick factor x a gazillion.

I wonder why he didn't drive. You'd think Dougie's crack team of interns would ferret out probations and revoked DL's and all that before accepting a creep like Brant into the fold.

I wonder why he didn't drive. You'd think Dougie's crack team of interns would ferret out probations and revoked DL's and all that before accepting a creep like Brant into the fold.

Judging from his twitter feed, he appears to drive a truck at home, while going to & from work or whatever.

[. You'd think Dougie's crack team of interns would ferret out probations and revoked DL's and all that before accepting a creep like Brant into the fold.

Yeah, but, y'see, Brant is an Official Christian and supports the right agenda--so it goes without saying he's "saved" and worthy! And everyone knows a Godfearing Christian man is way important than women and children!

Sorry - I was referring to the last picture on the main post. I didn't notice the clickthrough to more pictures. Interesting that she gets to drive, though.

I agree that her dress was very pretty, but the groom still gives me the creeps and I don't think it's just the child molester thing. I had someone in my office look at the pics without telling them a word about this guy. Her first words? "Pretty wedding but that guy looks skeazy. Is he just a total tool or what's wrong with him?"

Could you provide a link to the blog? I tried google but got nothing, and there are sooooo many people blogging about this.

I cant seem to find anyone that expresses our concerns. Although that isnt entirely surprising, it is disturbing...

I think some fundies are just too embarrassed to admit that things like this can happen in their oh-so-godly, non-wordly homes. They spend so much time blogging about how evil everyone else is and how they indoctrinate disciple their children to be different--and then something like this goes and happens which doesn't make their children look like "speshul snowflakes" anymore.

Rather than confront and address the issue they'd prefer it all "go away" so they can go back to living in their fantasy world set in the 1950s (which never existed). I do think its rather telling that so many prominent families in this circle chose not to attend the wedding. I don't even think Queen Doug was there, and you know how much he likes to preside over a wedding court. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that act was their own (passive) way of showing their disapproval of B.D.'s past behavior.

bridalharp.com/blog/7-news/99-birmingham-wedding-updates

Found this blog of the harp player. Just a few photos, nothing new, but looks like belly alarm for Audri B.

The Sanders's posted pics and info on the wedding or, at least pics of all of them working the reception. No bride & groom pics though.

Looks possible that Cleve is a courtin'.

Is Kressent (or is that Rachel? I don't know them well enough to be sure) pregnant again, or is she just still carrying baby belly weight?

refinersfireforge.com/blog/?p=496

I want to know where and how they find these armies of people to throw shindigs like this!! Apparently the Mortons were called/asked to house 40+ people as a "last minute thing"???? WTH! That seems extremely rude to me. I would never call someone and ask if they could house 40 of my wedding guests, and oh, by the way, can you do the flowers/serve the punch/play the music/decorate the hall/man the flowergirls while you're at it.

I have to say though that LL (I think that's her name - the African American toddler in the pics) is super, super cute. One of the cutest babies I've ever seen - and I don't squee over babies. Love her hair and her cute little bare feet at the wedding :)

Isn't that poor African American toddler the one that Vitae Familia claims gets sick in the car on purpose because she's angry? Instead of just carsick?

Isn't that poor African American toddler the one that Vitae Familia claims gets sick in the car on purpose because she's angry? Instead of just carsick?

Yes.

The Sanders's posted pics and info on the wedding or, at least pics of all of them working the reception. No bride & groom pics though.

Looks possible that Cleve is a courtin'.

Is Kressent (or is that Rachel? I don't know them well enough to be sure) pregnant again, or is she just still carrying baby belly weight?

refinersfireforge.com/blog/?p=496

I wondered the same about Kressant, but I think it's probably baby weight. She has had four in less than four years, and her youngest was just born in April. Never fear, though... I'm sure number five will be along shortly!

Archived