IGNORED

Looks like tomorrow's the big day... - Brantley Disharoon

justlurking

I went back and checked who needs to register as a SO. It says that cases prosecuted in juvie arent required to register. I'm going to guess that the case was sent back to juvenile court and he was sentenced there. It explains him being out AND not registered.

Poor kids...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya'll know this twit tweets, right?

twitter.com/#!/BrantleyHarris

IS. NOT. A. MODEL. STOP ASKING. YUCK.

Really now? I never would have thought. Modesty must only be a desirable trait in a woman...

Ya'll know this twit tweets, right?

twitter.com/#!/BrantleyHarris

Wow.... he's got an iphone, and ipad, and seems to travel a lot. Not too bad for a CM.

Apparently VF tweets as well

@visionforum

Anyways, what we haven't heard is an outright "He's a changed man, praise the Lord" from Dougie or anyone in Fundieland for that matter. If there was that... an outright "It's okay, because he's saved" I'd be livid... but we've still in the dark here because no one has commented on it officially. I feel sorry for all parties involved.

Right. If anything, their attempts at trying to prolong the legal process so that the case could be thrown out on a technicality, makes it sound like Brantley was in fact guilty and had no other means of defense. From what I can tell, Brantley and Crew appear to have done little to nothing to own up to and take responsibility for his actions. Everything that has been done thus far has been an attempt to try to sweep everything under the rug.

The first step toward recovery is admitting that you have a problem and need help. The second is getting the help you need. It appears that Brantley has done neither of these steps. He's still a danger to others--particularly children.

All right - own up! Which one of you left this on the RSVP page?

Will the children attending the wedding be kept far away from the pedophile groom?

8/6/2011 5:10:45 PM

What is the full story on this guy? Is there a link or a thread I can see?

All right - own up! Which one of you left this on the RSVP page?

What is the full story on this guy? Is there a link or a thread I can see?

Aw shit! Somebody did it now :lol:

Mrs. Youngie, there used to be a thread about Brantley on the old YUKU board. We suspect someone from his camp, or possibly his fiance's contacted YUKU and got it removed (It was one of the major reasons which precipitated our move to this board). I believe another poster upthread posted the the public record about Disharoon's crime. If you click on that link you'll get all the information you need on what he was accused of. Apparently, Brantley has ties to Vision Forum and was once an intern for Dougie. He most recently starred in one of their lame-ass home video movies called "Jimmy Valiant" (would probably be better titled Jimmy "Valium"). I believe he and Lindsay became engage back in April during the Father Daughter retreat that Vision Forum hosts (and no, I don't know why the hell he was there unless he was scoping out more children to molest).

The RSVP page is now gone from their wedding site.

Vitachick posted pictures of the wedding - of the couple. I know it's because I know his alleged crimes, but he gives me the creeps. Even on his wedding day he looks like he's plotting.

They give the term 'willful ignorance' its meaning.

Guest Anonymous

Link to the wedding pics - vitafamiliae.com/?p=4116

It shocks the hell out of me that someone would volunteer their young children to adorn the wedding of an *alleged* pedophile.

There were a lot of little kids in that wedding. It looks like they invited every kid they knew to be in it. I didn't read the original thread about him, but what is the backstory? Can someone in the know send me a pm? I'm taking it has all been swept under the rug and no charges were filed or something like that.

Guest Anonymous

Yuku disappeared the old thread about him. I think debrand sent a facebook message to his prospective bride or some of her family with the information, but they didn't respond.

easternabeille provided a link to the case earlier in the thread, which listed the charges. Apparently there were at least two incidents in two different counties, but the outcome is unknown. Whether it was dismissed, handled in juvie court, etc. as far as I know no one has determined.

http://ga.findacase.com/research/wfrmDo ... .GA.htm/qx

This just makes me sad. I can't believe that she actually went through with marrying this guy. Also, something about him just gives off a weird vibe when I see him in pictures. I think I would be very uncomfortable having to meet this guy in person.

Guest Anonymous
This just makes me sad. I can't believe that she actually went through with marrying this guy. Also, something about him just gives off a weird vibe when I see him in pictures. I think I would be very uncomfortable having to meet this guy in person.

I truly believe that all of the emphasis on accepting authority, doing what you are told, and revering men has a terrible effect on fundie children, particularly daughters. I think we pick up cues about people and if I have a horrible creepy feeling about someone I generally honor it. (By staying the hell away from them or never being alone with them if the first isn't possible.) I wonder if they don't beat and brainwash that self protective instinct out of the girls.

I truly believe that all of the emphasis on accepting authority, doing what you are told, and revering men has a terrible effect on fundie children, particularly daughters. I think we pick up cues about people and if I have a horrible creepy feeling about someone I generally honor it. (By staying the hell away from them or never being alone with them if the first isn't possible.) I wonder if they don't beat and brainwash that self protective instinct out of the girls.

Not only do they brainwash the self-protective instinct out of girls, they expect them to "cure" their boys of anything other than "normative" behavior. I'm betting that's the thinking behind this particular coupling.

Then you have the sicko child-rearing methods, with the emphasis on "first-time obedience" and always staying sweet, cheerful & compliant -- talk about a a pedophile's paradise.

Dear God,

If you truly can open and close the womb, please keep this woman's womb closed.

Dear God,

If you truly can open and close the womb, please keep this woman's womb closed.

AMEN!

I am frightened for her. Truly.

Recap with photos on Carrie's blog: ourfullhouse.com/home/31-marriage/385-brantley-and-lindsay-disharoon.html

The service was officiated by Joe Morecroft and they ritualized the property transfer thusly:

Tom Keen, Lindsay's father, shared a wonderful word to Brantley and Lindsay about how he and Nan have prepared Lindsay for this day. Tom and Nan have sharpened the arrow, preparing Lindsay for battle and today she will be released. Tom also gave a key to Brantley, which belongs to a heart locket that he gave Lindsay many years ago. Lindsay gave the key to her heart to her father, as he protected her over the years. Tom then released the key to Brantley with his daughter's heart in a beautiful picture of a father's protection and guidance in his daughter's life.

Squick.

Recap with photos on Carrie's blog: ourfullhouse.com/home/31-marriage/385-brantley-and-lindsay-disharoon.html

The service was officiated by Joe Morecroft and they ritualized the property transfer thusly:

Squick.

They can't be totally blind to the complete ick factor of 'giving their hearts to their father' for protection or whatever.

The love between a father and daughter is not the same as love between those in romantic/marital relationships.

Love with parents is held onto, acted upon and felt on an entirely different plane than the love with a spouse/romantic interest.

They are separate for a reason and mixing them up is twisted.

I see that they've removed the RSVP page of their wedding website...can't have too many wedding guests know that the groom is a sex offender .

Is it just me or does Lindsay look terribly sad in that last wedding picture? I feel so bad for her.

GenerationCedarchip, which website's last picture are you referring to? The last one on the "Large Family Blog" shows them driving away in a convertible. While I can't see Lindsay's face, I did notice that she's the one sitting in the driver's seat.

If you can forget the alleged child molester thing for a second, it was a nice wedding. She looked beautiful and her dress plus the bridesmaids' dresses show how you can be modest without frump.

If you can forget the alleged child molester thing for a second, it was a nice wedding. She looked beautiful and her dress plus the bridesmaids' dresses show how you can be modest without frump.

:doh:

:doh:

Yeah yeah yeah, I know. One really can't forget the child molester thing. Ugh. I just wanted to say something positive about her dress, but I still feel icky.

GenerationCedarchip, which website's last picture are you referring to? The last one on the "Large Family Blog" shows them driving away in a convertible. While I can't see Lindsay's face, I did notice that she's the one sitting in the driver's seat.

Sorry - I was referring to the last picture on the main post. I didn't notice the clickthrough to more pictures. Interesting that she gets to drive, though.

I agree that her dress was very pretty, but the groom still gives me the creeps and I don't think it's just the child molester thing. I had someone in my office look at the pics without telling them a word about this guy. Her first words? "Pretty wedding but that guy looks skeazy. Is he just a total tool or what's wrong with him?"

Archived