IGNORED

Looks like tomorrow's the big day... - Brantley Disharoon

justlurking

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Yes.

She's the vile bitch who constantly makes negative references to the little one's African American features. This time she complains that her hair takes 45 minutes to do, if she is sitting still. For F's sake, why was she allowed to adopt?!

On the Brantley D situation, I feel uncomfortable discussing him as an alleged paedophile because he too was a child at the time the alleged abuses took place. I also don't think skeevy photos can be used to detect abusers - some people just aren't photogenic. I feel as though his parents and Church let Brantley down big time by not allowing justice to run its course and enabling him to get help for whatever issues led to the alleged abuse. This is not to say that I don't worry for Lindsay and any future children - I really do.

On a frivolous side note, I loved her wedding dress.

On the Brantley D situation, I feel uncomfortable discussing him as an alleged paedophile because he too was a child at the time the alleged abuses took place.

I actually agree with this to a certain extent. I don't necessarily believe that our actions at 13 years of age determine our actions as adults. But I also think that if these alleged events actually happened, then the child who did them needed serious mental health and behavioral intervention and I have serious doubts about whether fundies would ensure he got those services, based on our knowledge of their beliefs and actions and behavior in previous similar situations. I do wonder though about the context of the events. Since it never went to trial, there's really no way to know.

Regarding Kressant, I think it's just baby weight. But I too am sure that she will be pregnant with #5 before you know it. Can't give that body a rest, you know.

They said that little girl gets sick on purpose because she's *angry*????? What THE HELL is wrong with people. Poor little thing :(

I actually agree with this to a certain extent. I don't necessarily believe that our actions at 13 years of age determine our actions as adults. But I also think that if these alleged events actually happened, then the child who did them needed serious mental health and behavioral intervention and I have serious doubts about whether fundies would ensure he got those services, based on our knowledge of their beliefs and actions and behavior in previous similar situations. I do wonder though about the context of the events. Since it never went to trial, there's really no way to know.

Regarding Kressant, I think it's just baby weight. But I too am sure that she will be pregnant with #5 before you know it. Can't give that body a rest, you know.

I'm with this. I don't think that would make him a pedophile. Maybe it would make him a sadist though.

However, I don't think we should judge him that hard for what he did when he was a kid. Perhaps I'm a bit biased, because no kid under the age of 15 would get any kind of punishment in my country. That is because they think that a child can't be fully responsible for his actions at a such young age. Not every kid knows right from wrong. Brantley obviously did not. There's nothing suggesting that he doesn't know better now. Those events occurred 9 years ago. In many ways Brantley might not be anything like the kid he once was. He definitely had issues, but we have no idea how he is like now. We have no insight in what has happened in Brantley's life during the last 9 years.

I really wonder if these families have any awareness at all of what Brantley was accused of (Mortons, Sanders, Vita, etc). We know they limit their Internet usage, it's possible they have absolutely no idea.

I'm not an attorney and therefore much of the legalese is lost on me but if I'm reading this correctly, he was arrested, served 21 days in juvenile detention, but the case never went to trial because his right to a speedy trial was denied. However, the reason the trial drug on was because his council kept filing for continuances. First because they needed to complete a video analysis of his victim, then his council's father died, then their expert witness died. So, they drag it out so long that he gets to get off without even a slap on the wrist because it was a speedy enough trial??? Really???

Maybe he is a changed man and all that, but something about that guy just screams, "Creep!". Makes me want to write to all of the bloggers that seem to sing his praises and ask why these allegations don't bother them. But, it's really none of my business, I suppose. Innocent until proven guilty and all that....

I would agree with what others have said if it weren't for the severity of the charges. It's not that America is this weird place where they charge 13 year olds for weird vague offenses, that's how fucked up the alleged actions were (and, was he going to be charged as an adult?). Not sure if it's a good idea to quote the report easternabeille linked to here, but go and look at it - they were multiple and quite severe charges.

(Also interesting - search for the word 'nevertheless' and read the following two sentences.)

I really wonder if these families have any awareness at all of what Brantley was accused of (Mortons, Sanders, Vita, etc). We know they limit their Internet usage, it's possible they have absolutely no idea.

I am guessing that most of them have no idea. Unless these families spent a lot of time with Brantley's when all of this was going on, it's not at all unlikely that they haven't heard about it. If they have heard about it, I'm sure it's been spun to make "poor Brantley" look pure as the driven snow.

I'm not an attorney and therefore much of the legalese is lost on me but if I'm reading this correctly, he was arrested, served 21 days in juvenile detention, but the case never went to trial because his right to a speedy trial was denied. However, the reason the trial drug on was because his council kept filing for continuances. First because they needed to complete a video analysis of his victim, then his council's father died, then their expert witness died. So, they drag it out so long that he gets to get off without even a slap on the wrist because it was a speedy enough trial??? Really???

Maybe he is a changed man and all that, but something about that guy just screams, "Creep!". Makes me want to write to all of the bloggers that seem to sing his praises and ask why these allegations don't bother them. But, it's really none of my business, I suppose. Innocent until proven guilty and all that....

It doesn't look like it's anything that got huge media coverage and many of these fundie families live in other states. I'm guessing Ma and Pa Disharoon didn't exactly brag about it in the Christmas letter, so it's highly possible that other fundies families have no clue any of this went on.

On the Brantley D situation, I feel uncomfortable discussing him as an alleged paedophile because he too was a child at the time the alleged abuses took place. I also don't think skeevy photos can be used to detect abusers - some people just aren't photogenic. I feel as though his parents and Church let Brantley down big time by not allowing justice to run its course and enabling him to get help for whatever issues led to the alleged abuse. This is not to say that I don't worry for Lindsay and any future children - I really do.

To be technical, it is probably more appropriate to refer to him as an sex offender than a pedophile. Pedophile conveys the image of an adult preying on young children, when that was certainly not the case in this situation. That said, my ire with this case has to do with the seeming lack of contrition on the part of Brantley's family and legal team. Instead of allowing Brantley to get the help he needs they attempted to sweep everything under the rug to make it all go away. Being that he was a child, there is high probability that he was sexually abused at some point as well--but that doesn't always have to be the case. For all we know, Brantley could have had undiagnosed Conduct Disorder which may also explain his physical aggression toward the other young boy.

Either way, Brantely's an adult now and he definitely doesn't appear to be repentant or remorseful about what he did. He gets to live a relatively "worry-free" life, star in low budget Christian movies, intern for Dougie, and marry a pretty girl who will be his oh-so-willing doormat. Wonder if his victim gets to live the same sort of life...

Found this little gem on the website that talks about "godly seed" :

"Tom Keen, Lindsay's father, shared a wonderful word to Brantley and Lindsay about how he and Nan have prepared Lindsay for this day. Tom and Nan have sharpened the arrow, preparing Lindsay for battle and today she will be released. Tom also gave a key to Brantley, which belongs to a heart locket that he gave Lindsay many years ago. Lindsay gave the key to her heart to her father, as he protected her over the years. Tom then released the key to Brantley with his daughter's heart in a beautiful picture of a father's protection and guidance in his daughter's life."

EWWWWWWWWW

I really believe that record should be sealed because he was a minor. My guess is the reason there is no record of a trial or plea to be found is it is sealed. But anyway, I found this part of the decision interesting:

...Disharoon argues that a bond condition, which prohibited him from any contact with anyone under 16 years of age and which resulted in his brother moving away for one year, caused him great anxiety. However, that condition was part of a bond related to similar charges against him in another county...

Wow...

Perhaps I'm a bit biased, because no kid under the age of 15 would get any kind of punishment in my country. That is because they think that a child can't be fully responsible for his actions at a such young age. Not every kid knows right from wrong. Brantley obviously did not.

I'm sorry, but I can't imagine that a person of any age who is attempting to rape someone, who is probably crying, screaming, and trying to get away wouldn't at some point have the thought run through their head that what they're doing is wrong. I'm sure the seven year old victim, clearly expressed his discomfort during the assault!

I'm just not buying it. At 13, Brantley may not have understood the consequences of what his actions would be (short-term and long term effects), but I find it very hard to believe that he did not know (as he was assaulting the little boy) that what he was doing was not right.

The Brantley Disharoon accused in the cited court cases had/has to be a seriously disturbed individual. Unfortunately, it's not clear that this individual received any professional help, and he would have need lots -- as in years -- of it to lead a normal adult life, assuming that he was/is treatable.

If that BD is the same BD who just married Lindsay Keen, it's hard to see a great future. Perhaps like the Stitler wedding in Idaho, the Disharoon-Keen marriage was seen as an answer to two families' prayers: getting a aging SAHD married off, and making sure that a son with, uh, "problems" is put on the right track.

The Brantley Disharoon accused in the cited court cases had/has to be a seriously disturbed individual. Unfortunately, it's not clear that this individual received any professional help, and he would have need lots -- as in years -- of it to lead a normal adult life, assuming that he was/is treatable.

If that BD is the same BD who just married Lindsay Keen, it's hard to see a great future. Perhaps like the Stitler wedding in Idaho, the Disharoon-Keen marriage was seen as an answer to two families' prayers: getting a aging SAHD married off, and making sure that a son with, uh, "problems" is put on the right track.

God. When I first read the Sitler thing I wanted to puke. There aren't even words to form questions on that one.

Edited for my usual typos

Could someone tell me about the Stitler wedding in Idaho? This is the first I'm hearing about it. Thanks!

Could someone tell me about the Stitler wedding in Idaho? This is the first I'm hearing about it. Thanks!

Same here...

Also, what the hell is Brantley supposed to have done? I've read through the thread but haven't seen anything he's been charged with... If the links were broken it's entirely possible I missed them, but could maybe somebody explain or give me a link?

Oh, it's horrible! A twenty-three-year-old girl was feeling bad about being twenty-three and unmarried, so she was set up with a convicted pedophile ... with her church's blessing!

Here's the thread on it:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1817&hilit=stitler

Oh, it's horrible! A twenty-three-year-old girl was feeling bad about being twenty-three and unmarried, so she was set up with a convicted pedophile ... with her church's blessing!

Here's the thread on it:

http://freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8 ... it=stitler

Oh dear Lord that is disturbing! Honestly, what kind of father lets his daughter marry a man like this? And what kind of church allows this behavior?

Also, what the hell is Brantley supposed to have done? I've read through the thread but haven't seen anything he's been charged with... If the links were broken it's entirely possible I missed them, but could maybe somebody explain or give me a link?

There is an appeal decision (if you Google his name) that says when he was 13 years old he was arrested and indicted for aggravated sodomy on a 7 year-old. The document is a denial of his move to have the case dismissed (and an acquittal) based on the fact that it took over 4 years for the trial. He lost the appeal.

As far as I can tell there is no information about whether or not he was actually convicted, if there ever was a trial, or if he hasn't or isn't still appealing the decision not to dismiss. Because he was a minor, I'm sure it is all sealed.

Here's the thread on it:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1817&hilit=stitler

I love this blogger's response/criticism of the "union":

www.keely-prevailingwinds.com/2011/05/m ... to-ed.html

Many of the things she says are quite applicable to the B.D. situation as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks.

My name is Brantley Harris Disharoon.

Obviously you know who I am, as well as my wife Lindsay. I'm writing because I think it's fair to give you something real to talk about for once.

Yup...it's true, I was absolutely charged as an adult for the hideous crimes you've mentioned. It's also true that those charges were dropped...because they never occurred.

At the age of 13 a child who my family had known for several years walked into my home and accused me of abusing him.

This is a family we had known for many years and gone to church with. My parents were aware of the physical abuse inflicted by the husband on the wife and were attempting to reach out and rescue her from the situation. Police had been involved numerous times. I maintained my innocence for over 7 years. When my legal team began to look into the history of this family--particularly the dad, it became evident that these abuses had indeed occurred...by his father. During our legal proceedings, we provided both charging counties with affidavits, videos, witnesses, and testifying to his father fondling him, bathing with him, and watching cartoons at 3 am naked together. The boy’s mother, who had a son from previous marriage, gave up custody of the other boy to save him from the abuse her husband daily inflicted. Soon thereafter, one county immediately dropped the charges. The other however, continually prolonged the proceedings (in spite of what that "famous" court doc you keep mentioning says).

Thankfully though...each charge was dismissed and I am free. I have never mistreated anyone.

Lindsay absolutely did receive the note from Debrand, and disregarded it entirely. She is aware of the entire situation and supports myself and my family.

Oh and FYI...the father, a man who had previously been arrested for raping his own sister, committed suicide.

Say what you will. But there's the story from someone who actually experienced it.

Now that I've given you what you wanted, let me make something clear: if any of you contact myself or my wife, personally, ever again, I will take legal action against you.

And yes....I contacted yuku.

I believe you contacted yuku...but I don't believe the rest of it. It's only your word. As the kids say, "dox or GTFO."

(That's Get the F*ck Out, if you're not familiar with the abbreviation.)

I haven't contacted, nor will I ever contact you or your wife, but I am surely unafraid of your threats. I've been harassed by professionals in a space-alien cult. You're NOTHING compared to them!

Sincerely yours,

Deana M. Holmes

Dear perv,

I stayed out of this, but in general there is no legal action one can take for emailing or contacting you unless it is repetitive and harassing.

So good luck with that.

Thankfully though...each charge was dismissed and I am free. I have never mistreated anyone.

So how then did the "similar charges" in another county come about? Another allegedly malicious and unfounded accusation? Wow, what a coincidence. :eusa-hand:

Archived