IGNORED

Looks like tomorrow's the big day... - Brantley Disharoon

justlurking

For Lindsay Keen and "alleged" sex offender Brantley Disharoon (aka Brant Harris): couples.weddingchannel.com/couple.htm?view=gr&cm_re=Index-_-WWS-_-WWS&occ=577736871&

What wedding gift would you give to the new couple?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
For Lindsay Keen and "alleged" sex offender Brantley Disharoon (aka Brant Harris): couples.weddingchannel.com/couple.htm?view=gr&cm_re=Index-_-WWS-_-WWS&occ=577736871&

What wedding gift would you give to the new couple?

I'd give Lindsay an annulment and a restraining order.

A lawyer's phone number and a wad of $100s, hidden deep inside something girly that the husband would never touch, like a lavender-scented purple teddy bear. This alleged offender allegedly offended against children, right? I'd want her to have resources years down the line if she suspected her own children were in any harm.

"Allegedly"

A brain, only a fucking idiot would marry someone they know is a Chomo. This makes me soo angry! She is going to give him a house full of captives that believe daddy is God, so whatever he does is God's will.

"Allegedly"

I'd give them wedding gifts, one for each. For Lindsay, a functioning brain. For Brantley, a one-way ticket to a very remote, uninhabited island with no way to contact anyone and no chance of escape.

Pepper spray & running shoes. For her.

He can get some furry handcuffs sans key to be used immediately on him & some solid pipe. (oh wait, that came out wrong... allegedly)

Lifetime supply of contraceptive pills. I really hope they don't have children.

Wonder what time the wedding will be occurring...

This is such travesty! Co-sign with everyone who said they would give Lindsay a brain. I'd also buy her a one-way ticket out of the patriarchal nightmare she's grown up in and will now be subjugating any future children to (god, I hope they're infertile!).

If this Brantley is the same alleged sex offender he has no business being married. He needs to be put on a sex offender list and kept away from children for the rest of his life!!!

And, that DOG Doug (Phillips) needs be ashamed of himself from promoting such an individual and allowing him to intern and be in the homes of families who had children given this guy's alleged background. For shame Doug! For shame!!!! :naughty:

I'm speculating. And if my speculations prove correct, much of my disgust at LL of vitafamiliae is justified and enhanced.

On her Twitter, she went to a wedding rehearsal last night; a wedding in which her three daughters are flower girls. This morning there is a picture of her three girls dressed up. She lives in Alabama. The alleged sex criminal and his mind-fucked bride are getting married in Alabama.

I do believe her kids are flower girls in their wedding. These interconnected families seem so damn incestuous. They're so intertwined it's like trying to decipher the connections between European royalty in the 16th century.

For Lindsay, I second the suggestions of a functioning brain and also think the best short-term gift would be for somone to interrupt the ceremony at the "Does anyone know of a reason why this man and this woman shouldn't be joined in holy matrimony?"

the best short-term gift would be for somone to interrupt the ceremony at the "Does anyone know of a reason why this man and this woman shouldn't be joined in holy matrimony?"

That's awesome! I only wish we had some Jingerites living in Alabama who could crash the wedding and do such a thing. You wouldn't even need to say anything (other that your objection of course)--all you'd have to do is produce the case document and let it speak for itself!

I found one of their wedding websites, The RSVP page is interesting, since many fundie royalty sent their regrets. Perhaps Brantley's past behavior warrents a "bless your heart" from some of these people anyway.

http://brantleyandlindsay.ourwedding.co ... 81/5947340

Yeah, that RSVP list looks rather sad...

No Browns, no Bradricks, no Serverns, no McDonalds, only 3 Valentis... Looks like the "royals" may be passively expressing their disapproval of this union. The Botkins will be there though (why must they continue forcing Anna Sophia to suffer through these things?), and so will Meth Brows and family.

What I don't get is; Are the charges still pending? It looks like it never got to court...

I cant find any appeal beyond the one that is posted - coupled with the fact that he's out and getting married there are only a few things that could have happened.

He was prosecuted under GA SB440 which allows the state to prosecute a juvenile for certain offenses (aggravated child molestation is one of them) as an adult. With someone that young it would have had to be VERY nasty for him to be charged. Additionally, they would have had some psych evaluations done before they decided to bring it to big boy court. Yes, Paulding is rural... but the prosecutors they have out there are from the city and dont take prosecuting children as adults lightly.

Agg child molestation is a "mandatory minimum" charge which means any conviction would result in prison time regardless of his age.

The appeal posted is a pretty common defense motion to whine their way out of a case, and this one is no different. His attorneys created the delay and the court didnt buy it. The fact that he is out can mean:

1 - He pled to probation on a "lesser" offense. This offense would have to be non sexual because he's not listed on the registry

2 - Its still open (although I cant imagine how thats possible)

3- He was aquitted

4 - The DA transferred it back to juvenile court and its over

Either way, the case says he had charges in multiple jurisdictions. He was charged with aggravated sodomy, which requires penetration... I wouldnt marry him...

Personally, I feel sorry for the bride. If Brant.ley's truly innocent, then the guy's life is forever plagued by the doubt people will have for him (I'm sure there are some fundies questioning it) and that will become a part of her everyday existence. However, if he's guilty I fear for the bride and ESPECIALLY for the little quiver that will be following. I wonder if Lindsay knows about the incidents? I know at least one FJer sent her a note. I wonder if she saw it? Have they talked through things? I wish these people had a blog. Of course they will be having a family. Guess we'll have to wait till Linds is "manning" a table at the Father-Daughter Weirdness Retreat next spring and a SAHD admirer posts a "Praise the Lord, the Dish.aroons are expecting!" bump-photo for us. Anyways, we don't know the full story here and I wonder who truly does know it. I know I personally wouldn't let him alone with kids, but I also hate to judge. Regardless, abusing a child is despicable and it's hard not to feel complete disgust towards the dude.

Anyways, what we haven't heard is an outright "He's a changed man, praise the Lord" from Dougie or anyone in Fundieland for that matter. If there was that... an outright "It's okay, because he's saved" I'd be livid... but we've still in the dark here because no one has commented on it officially. I feel sorry for all parties involved.

Archived