IGNORED

Lori Alexander on STDs and promoting absistence

I understand what you are saying but there are many side effects to this vaccine and all others...

The next time someone makes a series of good points about something healthcare-related, I'm just going to ignore everything they said and say "but there are side effects!" I want to see their face upon hearing something that stupid. Are we sure Lori isn't actually a 10-year-old child posing as a pretentious old housewife? That's about the level she functions at.

Many mothers disagree with these findings. Their children were perfectly healthy until they started receiving vaccinations. Autism use to be very rare. Now it is common...

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Just because a disorder manifested in your kid at the same age that they started getting vaccines doesn't mean it was caused by the vaccines. That makes as much sense as when people thought maggots spontaneously appeared in rotting meat because they saw a correlation between the two. Could we maybe not turn the clock back on the scientific process? Does Lori even know the difference between statistical evidence and anecdotal evidence? Does she know that neurological disorders often have a specific age of onset not related to the person's environment?

Autism used to be "rare" because doctors didn't used to know how to screen for it, or didn't know it even existed. Kids with autism used to fall through the cracks and just weren't given the help they needed. In Lori's good old "autism-free" days, there were just as many kids like my brother who had autism. The difference is they were institutionalized and kept out of sight. Their lives sucked, but at least they weren't out and about disturbing Lori's sensibilities.

All I know is I didn't know anyone with autistic symptoms when I was growing up. No kids were on ridelin and most were very well behaved. The very few naughty ones were spanked by the principal and then they behaved.

Are we sure Lori isn't really a well-trained gorilla with a sign-language interpreter typing up her blog posts? She actually might be that stupid. Look, I've met many people with autism over the years. If you talked to most of them, you would never guess that they had autism. Had they been in school when Lori was young, they would have simply struggled in class, been held back grades, and probably eventually dropped out. There isn't some definite set of "autistic symptoms" to look for in people that makes you able to diagnose them. Yes, a few of the people I've met have disabilities severe enough that you could probably guess they had autism just by observing them. Of course Lori never met any such person, they were all institutionalized back in her day!

I call bullshit on the "naughty kids" behaving after one spanking from the principal. Both my parents went to school when corporal punishment was still used, and my dad taught school during that period. The chronic troublemakers they described sound no different than the ones I went to school with, the only difference in our experiences being that the chronic troublemakers in my parents' stories got beaten. It's also absolutely offensive that Lori would equivocate autism with being "naughty". Maybe she shouldn't make sweeping pronouncements about the causes of autism if her knowledge about the disorder is limited to offensive stereotypes.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a Chili's restaurant in my hometown that was traced as the source of a Hepatitis A outbreak. The owners didn't even try to salvage the situation--they just shut the restaurant down, assuming that no one would want to eat there again. While it is not the worst food-borne illness you can get, Lori should be more concerned about getting it since her health is already compromised.

As for the "inner curative power of Nature, " is she talking about the same Nature that gave us earthquakes, tornadoes, and the ebola virus?

I am JUST.SO.SICK. of hearing this "in my day there were no children with special needs" bullshit! Of course you didn't see kids with autism or other disorders, because people were still hiding their kids with special needs due to social stigma, or institutionalizing them or, if it was an issue where they could still go to school (like kids with ADHD), they were simply "the bad kids". It's like saying there was no depression "back in the good old days", when in fact, it was simply misunderstood and/or underdiagnosed.

Lori Alexander is a fucking monster.

She should take her anti-vaccine crap to the people who have been crippled from polio. And thanks to whack jobs like her, they still exist.

I am JUST.SO.SICK. of hearing this "in my day there were no children with special needs" bullshit! Of course you didn't see kids with autism or other disorders, because people were still hiding their kids with special needs due to social stigma, or institutionalizing them or, if it was an issue where they could still go to school (like kids with ADHD), they were simply "the bad kids". It's like saying there was no depression "back in the good old days", when in fact, it was simply misunderstood and/or underdiagnosed.

My baby boomer mother decided when she was 8 years old that she wanted to be a physical therapist for children with special needs. She probably got the idea because one of her cousins had polio, and her aunt and uncle kept talking about "what the physical therapist said." To inform/dissuade her, my grandmother took my mother to an institution/hospital for children and adults with special needs and asked "Is this really what you want to do with your life?"

So my mom's life story is a big FU to Lori's idea that 1. Everybody was so much healthier before vaccines and 2. Nobody had autism or other developmental/neurological problems when she was growing up. (And as a bonus, 3. That all women are called to be full-time keepers of the home, because my mom has improved the lives of so many children--including me--because of her chosen profession.)

And what about rape? I am getting my daughter the shot because of that risk, God forbid.

That's what I always think of when I hear these arguments. It makes me really angry.

Edited because of concerns of insensitivity.

I cannot, cannot wait to be working with chidren with special needs. I'm neither experienced enough, nor mentally perpared enough to do that - YET. Yet. But that doesn't mean that my time will never come : ) So lori can suck it... Yes, in Eastern Europe (albeit I doubt that was the only place in the world where it happened...) people would just hide their kids in the attic, in the basement, sometimes chained down and never let them out of the house. We are not living in a world like that anymore. Children are entitled to get proper education with teachers prepared to teach them according to their special needs. LAIAFM!

Reading Lori is bad for one's health. :roll:

It sure is. I mostly avoid reading fundie blogs... because they usually shorten my life by weeks. But I need a broader perspective of what kind of people are out there. If someone were to tell me about people or Sunshine Mary who advocates rape, I'd secretly think that they are liars.

I had to reply to Lori's comment because she's promoting such a load of shit, but I know it will never be approved since no one can disagree with Lori Alexander, the lying, evil monster.

I have studied the history of vaccination extensively and it was definitely vaccines that eradicated smallpox worldwide and polio in the US. Polio was actually caused by increased sanitation, not less. Immunizations are given all the time and compared to the disease, they are worth the risk to me. My children, outside of a medical reason, will receive their vaccines. There's zero proof of vaccines causing autism and my state has only a medical exemption, yet the autism rates are among the lowest in the country. Even if there was some sort of evidence that vaccines can cause autism, I'll take the autistic child over a dead one any day.

Also, I don't know who wrote the article you quoted, but 2-phenoxyethanol is NOT an ingredient for antifreeze. Antifreeze is poisonous and it's NOT in any vaccines. 2-phenoxyethanol and ethylene gycol are different chemicals. The former is used as an anesthetic and anti-infective agent. The latter is in antifreeze. There chemical makeup is different. I can understand some concerns about vaccines, but I can't stand outright lying on the part of "professionals" among an unsuspecting public.

My grandmother caught a mumps-like infection while pregnant before the vaccines were available. Her daughter died suddenly at almost four months and it was later determined she had a heart condition. The same heart condition disappeared once the mumps vaccine became widely available and mothers did not catch mumps while pregnant anymore. My grandmother may have recovered, but her fetus did not.

Can't give Lori facts. I could easily give citations, but she would refuse to ever look at them. She'd never bother to actually look any of that stuff up. She's never wrong and even if she is, she's too proud to ever admit it.

Lori Alexander is a fucking monster.

She should take her anti-vaccine crap to the people who have been crippled from polio. And thanks to whack jobs like her, they still exist.

Lori Alexander is a monster. I expect that people like her will cause polio to return to the US. I dont mind adults making decisions about their health care that could impact them negatively. I do have a large problem with adults making decisions about children's health care that could cause them to get preventable diseases. Utah still has a few measles outbreaks each year because of this kind of thinking. :angry-banghead:

She posted my comment shockingly. Wonder how long it will stay up or if she will bother to respond?

Again with Satan being prince of the air! Is she buddies with xtra gay and Dede? Or is the air prince a thing?

I did find a serious answer to this. Apparently, it's based on Ephesians 2:2

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience

biblehub.com/ephesians/2-2.htm

Minerva - I for one know that Koko is smarter than this Lori monster. I know this is often asked, but why do these women hate other women so much? My mind - boggled.

If I had the ability, I would have attached a photo of a polio ward pre-Salk vaccine. I guess those people ate poorly. Thanks Science!, scenes like those wards are a thing of the past here and brave people are risking their lives, and paying with them, to save children elsewhere. That is the Lord's work.

Minerva - I for one know that Koko is smarter than this Lori monster. I know this is often asked, but why do these women hate other women so much? My mind - boggled.

It's because they're bitter that their lives suck and want to make everyone else suffer.

Small chance that someone is doing it better than they are...easier to hate than to learn? Who knows. They take catty to the next level!

Not even gonna mind my words here. Lori Alexander, you are a fucking evil bitch! I have a nephew who is autistic. Equating autism with "being naughty" makes me literally want to put my foot up your crazy ass! :angry-cussingblack: :obscene-birdiered: You disgust me!

ETA: Now off to the prayer closet to repent for wishing violence on someone.

I really hate anti-vax people. You want to screw up your own kid? Fine (I mean, not fine, but whatever, it's your kid), then live in a vacuum-sealed pouch with him/her for the rest of eternity, because infants and immunocompromised patients should NOT have to risk their lives because you're an idiot.

Lori is a fucking monster, yes. But she also understands absolutely nothing about vaccines, the history of vaccination, the history of the study and spread of infectious diseases, etc etc. The "now that we vaccinate we see a lot more autistic people" makes no sense even if only because vaccinations became mandatory/widespread before autism was even a recognized diagnosis, and they continued to be so for years. I understand the emotional need of parents whose children are diagnosed with autism to try to come to terms with it by attending the Jenny McCarthy School of Medicine and finding something convenient and big-government-sounding to blame it on, but one day it might be THEIR infant exposed to measles because some other parent was just as much of a fucking imbecile, and then we'll see how well Dr. Google works for them at that point.

Archived