IGNORED

Chad and Erin

busmgr

I wouldn't expect anything less. I hope they put it online. There will be an intro of a bunch of fundie families showcasing their screechy families, then all 50 bridesmaids and groomsmen (bride's siblings, groom's siblings, the J'slaves) will walk down the aisle, followed by 4 flower girls and 4 ring bearers, then finally Erin and Gil. Erin's hair will be higher than ever, and her dress will out-gaudy the surely gaudy bridesmaids dresses, but in an awesome way. Chad will cry. Then Gil will "transfer authority," and before the ceremony is over, both will serenade each other. Then they'll have an awkward first kiss, and at some point during or after the ceremony, Josh Duggar will make some sort of appearance on camera, if only to kiss Anna before they leave the church.

And Jim Bob will need to remind Gil that he already has 3 grandchildren.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh but Jim Bob won't be able to talk for long. If the Bates marry off Erin, Zach, and Alyssa by the end of 2014, by 2016 (assuming that all three couples stick to quiverfull at the beginning of their marriage) they could absolutely outbreed Anna, and it's not like any more Duggars are providing any grandchildren...

Awww! How cute!?! Erin's Birthday Surprise. (in a Anna Duugar voice) *because it is stuck in my head. ugh.

chadsperspective.blogspot.com/

Edited to break link - lilith

Awww! How cute!?! Erin's Birthday Surprise. (in a Anna Duugar voice) *because it is stuck in my head. ugh.

chadsperspective.blogspot.com/

I'm having a very hard time making sense of this, though his enthusiasm appears beyond question. They're not engaged, but are praying between two wedding dates. She doesn't have an engagement ring, but they went to look at wedding bands. For her birthday he wanted to buy her...shoes, so they went with sibling chaperones to pick out shoes. If this makes sense to anyone please post.

Edited to break link in quote - lilith

I liked Erin's dress she wore to meet Chad's grandparents, and her top in the birthday shopping post was nice. She's come a long way in fashion since Josh and Anna's wedding - the pastel clown dresses...

I guess their courtship is like a regular person's engagement, and their engagement is like when regular people send out wedding invitations.

I'm having a very hard time making sense of this, though his enthusiasm appears beyond question. They're not engaged, but are praying between two wedding dates. She doesn't have an engagement ring, but they went to look at wedding bands. For her birthday he wanted to buy her...shoes, so they went with sibling chaperones to pick out shoes. If this makes sense to anyone please post.

What about it doesn't make sense? Plenty of people talk about dates and look at wedding bands before actually getting engaged. In fact, I'd say that's the more common (and sensible) way to go about it.

Chad sure loves!exclamation!!marks!!!

"The wonderful day ended in going to eat at a lakeside restaurant with Mr. and Mrs. Bates. It couldn't have been more perfect!! So romantic and special! We can't wait to got back! <3<3"

Nothing says romantic and special like going on a date with your in-laws!

And Jim Bob will need to remind Gil that he already has 3 grandchildren.

Oh, he sure will, because to insecure little people like himself, life is nothing but a competition between "friends". And his son fathering 3 kids within 5 years is definitely jimbob's achievement... :roll:

I don't get that at all. If you're selecting the date why not just get engaged?

I suspect that they are waiting to be engaged because they don't want to be engaged long, so until they know the date, I think they'll hold off.

That's pretty common with many Christians, and I think typically even moreso with 'fundies,' as well as Mormons (though despite what they say, I know many wouldn't consider them - Mormons - Christians. In fact from some of the Mormon blogs I read, I'm FLOORED at how quickly most not only get engaged but also then how quickly they marry - but that's another story for another time. If you want some fascinating reading, Mormon sister missionary blogs take the cake!)

I also think besides that shorter engagements seem to often be the norm with Christians that Kelly's comments on her post the other day in reply to a question hinted at a reason particularly that could be the case with Chad and Erin - and that is that they had a different 'level' of physical touch that they had agreed upon (held out for?) once they got engaged.

She said they (C & E) are only doing very rare side hugs, once at their courtship 'celebration' and then also now if it had been awhile since they had seen one another.

Once C&E are engaged, they are going to do "real" hugs and also hand holding. More physical interaction, for them, seems to be of a different standard, and holding out for those things until they're engaged often means couples then want to get married quickly so as to prevent temptation to do more.

And I also have to say, I think C and E are quite cute as a couple and seem to truly care about one another and make each other very happy.

Though he can be a bit sappy in what he says, I think their marriage will be much happier, more genuine, and actually a much more mutual relationship with a more mutual level of respect and regard for the other than we see in many of the more conservative families. I don't think he's got himself on higher level compared to her nor do I see him 'dictating' things to her.

While I don't doubt that Erin will choose to 'submit' to Chad, I don't think it'll be to the extreme sense that is more common in that circle.

I'm not sure I see them becoming fundie-superlight, but I do think they will be much more on the fundie-light side than it may seem, but I think that'll become more apparent over time.

Zach and Whitney, on the other hand, I agree with those in that thread who see them as likely at least being fundie-light. And I think much of what I said above holds true for them, as well.

It's nice to see Gil and Kelly allowing their kids to actually have more control in their relationships, in who they are with (like Zach meeting Whit outside the typical circles, etc.) and in choosing how to handle the physical side of things and not making it a dictatorial stance on what's allowed, nor insisting on all the siblings handling things exactly how others in the family may have.

Seeing the difference in Zach's relationship with Whit and how happy he (well and they) seem, and how true that clearly is for Erin and Chad, I think there will be an increasingly loosing of some of the other more extreme fundie 'standards' in the months and years to come in the family.

And that makes me happy for all involved - especially the kids and the future generations to come!

I'm also a little baffled by them not being engaged already, but I agree the poster that engagements seem to be reserved for actually planning the details of the wedding (plus real hugs). And it would be a little weird for my husband-to-be to buy me platform shoes for my birthday (mainly because he's allergic to shopping). On the other hand, good for Chad for being willing to go shop for something girly--I don't think Jim Bob, for example, would be willing to do that.

I'm also kinda loving the crazy 4th of July nail painting party featured in the Bates Family's latest post. I know the J'Slaves have gotten manicures before (at least one has been filmed), but I am not sure that Jim Bob & Mullett would put up with nail designs, esp. on the younger girls.

Oh, he sure will, because to insecure little people like himself, life is nothing but a competition between "friends". And his son fathering 3 kids within 5 years is definitely jimbob's achievement... :roll:

Gil could remind Jim Bob that he has two daughters in a potential relationship. lol

Latisha is following the love story on Chad's blog:

"

Argon FamilyJuly 24, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Soooo exciting! Enjoy this time. So precious. Thank you for your example as young people. My husband's name is Chad! :) We met in 8th grade and I remember the anticipation of marriage, and ring looking and all that stuff. The BEST time, yet still gets better. You guys will look back and have fond memories. May the Lord continue to shine his face upon you!!!

Jessica Argon"

so they went with sibling chaperones to pick out shoes. If this makes sense to anyone please post

I never go shoe shopping alone. Actually, I never go clothes shopping alone. I always bring my gal pals along, but for fashion advice not as chaperones. Well, at the end of the day I do end up being their chaperone/designated driver because shopping is always followed by a few drinks, and I can't drink alcohol for medical reason. Anyway, IME, taking a man with you to shop for clothes or shoes, is not a good idea. Asking them "Honey do you like this on me?" is a landmine most men will go out of their way to avoid. :lol:

I don't understand why, given all the romance, he didn't buy her a huge box of chocolates or get a pillow made with their picture on it. Shoes just seem like something her siblings or parents could have gotten her.

I don't understand why, given all the romance, he didn't buy her a huge box of chocolates or get a pillow made with their picture on it. Shoes just seem like something her siblings or parents could have gotten her.

Maybe that's something she would really appreciate? As we know, fundies often buy used shoes at the Goodwill. Why not buy your beloved a NEW pair of shoes for her birthday. I don't think it's a bad idea.

A picture pillow is so JoshandAnna, btw....

I think that shoes are much more personal than chocolate or a pillow...

I would enjoy shoes. Why not? It's something I can actually use a lot. Chocolates are gone very quickly, and nobody likes picture pillows anyway. Good shoes, however, stay with you for years. Maybe Erin is the type of woman who prefers practical things over silly romantic stuff. I would also enjoy a nice purse, or a fancy coat or something like that. Kind of shows that my partner really cares about getting me something I will treasure but still be able to use.

Because Erin looks like the kind of girl who is very into shoes and clothes and between the modesty standards and sharing limited funds between eleventy children I doubt she gets to indulge very often. I'm not jumping on "aww-so-cute"wagon when it comes to Erin and Chad's courtship but I think it does show that he comprehends gift buying a whole lot better.than the average fundy male. He seems to have worked out that if it's better to buy his beau something that she really likes than just pick something off a tired list of standard 'romantic' gifts. Gifts are great, but gifts with thought involved are so much better. He seems to appreciate her an individual rather than a generic woman he wants to fill the godly wife role.

I'd be pretty psyched if my fiance wanted to buy me shoes.

Me too! If a boyfriend/fiance/husband got me a pillow with a picture of our faces on it, I'd throw it at them!

Edited to break link in quote - lilith

This is in rare form. Usually, the guy will say when the wedding will occur like Josh did with Anna, presumably. Chad appears to be outside the Gothard track of being the dominate head by being caring and showing his heart to the world. This is rarely seen in their neck of the woods until after the proposal. Too bad Esther does not have her own Chad.

The wonderful day ended in going to eat at a lakeside restaurant with Mr. and Mrs. Bates. It couldn't have been more perfect!! So romantic and special!

I know it's already been mentioned, but, ew, ew, ew. Romance + Parents = EW!

I hope the shoes are what she really wanted. Not sure what to make of it, so I'm not going to try. I just hope this isn't starting out with compromised wishes on the small things that kind of matter, like birthdays.

My husband had a wonderful gift for me a few weeks ago: Red flip-flops, really really RED. And very much appreciated. :cracking-up:

Archived