IGNORED

Sunshine Mary suggests rape as a cure for a frigid wife

snuggles911

I'm so horrified by this woman that I'm going to go clean up cat pee (I was out of town for 2 weeks, and my boys expressed their displeasure at lack of mommy cuddles) instead of reading anything more by this woman.

:vomit:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sunshinemary

May 28, 2013 at 11:48 am

One thing that strikes me is that the Bible doesn’t seem to offer a lot of concrete advice to husbands on exactly how to deal with a rebellious wife. The Qu’ranic Surah quoted above gives concrete advice: if your wife acts up, refuse to give her sex. If she persists, beat her. The Bible forbids us to withhold sexual access and, while it doesn’t outright forbid physical chastisement, one might argue that a man who does so is not loving his wife as his own body, which he is commanded to do in Ephesians 5.

Christian women are called to quell their own rebellion. I wonder if this is why feminism seems to have gotten its start and is most progressed in Christian and post-Christian countries?

She is fucking crazy. I'd bet you dollars to goddamned donuts that she's suffering domestic violence as well.

She is fucking crazy. I'd bet you dollars to goddamned donuts that she's suffering domestic violence as well.

You have got to be shittin' me. Batshit, no, evil batshit. Seriously, there is something wrong with this woman.

I have, and I think it's fairly common, but the key is that it's a fantasy, and in no way means that the woman wants to actually be raped.

At the end of the day in the fantasy the act is consensual - the woman in fact wants to but puts up a resistance before giving in.

In the BDSM world, the sub has the real power in the relationship, and the dom has to obliege if the sub does not want to go further. The MRA's don't quite get this concept, and explains a lot as to why they probably can't even pick up a date with a woman, much less have a sex ual relationship.

You misspelled the word "most", love. ;)

:lol: Won't happen again. Promise.

Okay on the fantasy front of things just because I fantasize about something illegal doesn't mean I have the right to do it. For example I can fantasize all I want about say holding up a bank, but if I did my ass would be in jail. As far as the man who was all I throw my wife on the bed and take her, did anyone in their head go okay you puffed up egotistical jerk you might get action twice a month if you can get it up. These guys who talk about sex remind me of a bunch of horny teenage guys who are more talk than action when it comes to sex. I personally have a rule of less talk more action, but that is me. Sorry for the TMI. :embarrassed:

Sadly, I suspect this is not only the case for sunshinemary, but for Lori and some other bloggers we snark on here.

The comments on this post are much worse than the original post. Here's what Sunshine Mary wrote today in response to a comment from a woman who enjoys being treated like her husband's possession. The women is in a relationship where her husband picks out her clothing and has punished her by taking away her checkbook and credit cards when she spent too much money.

Sunshine Mary wrote:

And that’s the thing. Being owned, and being treated like his possession, isn’t horrible, it’s wonderful. It bears repeating that this makes a woman feel both safe, loved, and hot as a cat in heat for her man.

Ironically, I feel safe, loved and hot for my husband even though he treats me as an equal.

Guest Anonymous

She seems to be saying that a husband beating his wife goes against the Bible because it is 'not loving his wife as his own body'. Surely a husband raping his wife falls into exactly the same category.

She seems to be saying that a husband beating his wife goes against the Bible because it is 'not loving his wife as his own body'. Surely a husband raping his wife falls into exactly the same category.

Well, that would require logic, and we all know about fundies and logic.

Sunshine Mary's post sounds like it was written by one of the Aunts in Atwood's Handmaid's Tale, women who are themselves so powerless & so angry that they turn that anger against those w/even less power than them: other women.

Aaaaaand suddenly the Quran is A-OK, because it contains a passage advocating domestic violence. Wonder what SSM and her Christian leghumpers would have to say about it if it didn't.

Science forbid that her husband doesn't take his own wife's advice some day. And I don't mean in the playful way that she describes already happens in her home.

I hope she wants a new arsehole, because that's what we'll rip her if she shows her face round here again...

I hope she wants a new arsehole, because that's what we'll rip her if she shows her face round here again...

Did she come here? That would be funny. I would suggest just answering every post with adverts for abused women and religious and racist hate help groups. THAT would be amazing 8-)

No need to say fuck off when others can do it better to show you what a twat you are.

Did she come here? That would be funny. I would suggest just answering every post with adverts for abused women and religious and racist hate help groups. THAT would be amazing 8-)

No need to say fuck off when others can do it better to show you what a twat you are.

Yeah, she came on the "Horrors of Female Suffrage" thread trying to explain why women didn't need to vote. At least, I assume it's the same Sunshine Mary. I'd SERIOUSLY worry for humanity if there were two of them.

Yeah, she came on the "Horrors of Female Suffrage" thread trying to explain why women didn't need to vote. At least, I assume it's the same Sunshine Mary. I'd SERIOUSLY worry for humanity if there were two of them.

I missed that. DAMN. Search will be my friend.

The problem would be that she would just go back to her blog where the leghumpers would tell her that we are all...frigid, lesbians, in search of an alpha male, in need of a good spanking.

Although did anyone else catch the comment where she said that spanking should only be foreplay and never discipline? I would screen shot but I spent enough time reading the comments today that I don't think there is enough soap in the world to make me feel clean again.

She is so desperate for male attention that it's pathetic. The majority of her readers are men commenting on her posts with a "why can't I meet a woman like you" type of response. She even tries to write with what she thinks is a "male" voice. She is very clearly writing about things that she thinks men like, so that they will fawn all over her. She is indulging in the very sort of female manipulation that she decries in her own blog.

If her husband was as "Alpha" as she claims he is, he would have put a stop to her little online circlejerk a long time ago. This sort of behavior is annoying in a single person, but somewhat disrespectful in a married person. I know I sure as hell wouldn't be happy with my spouse actively creating an opposite-sex cult following for themselves online.

I have a hard time being angry at a woman who is so clearly hungry for attention from guys. How sad.

I missed that. DAMN. Search will be my friend.

It would have been more fun if she would have been brave enough to stay and actually address what people were saying. She's a coward, though.

Did anyone look at any of the stuff that woman links to, about alpha men, for instance? I shouldn't be surprised by anything a person who suggests rape as cure is into, but it's pretty vulgar stuff for a Christian. It's clear her defense of purity culture doesn't extend to men. Sooooo gross.

She is so desperate for male attention that it's pathetic. The majority of her readers are men commenting on her posts with a "why can't I meet a woman like you" type of response. She even tries to write with what she thinks is a "male" voice. She is very clearly writing about things that she thinks men like, so that they will fawn all over her. She is indulging in the very sort of female manipulation that she decries in her own blog.

If her husband was as "Alpha" as she claims he is, he would have put a stop to her little online circlejerk a long time ago. This sort of behavior is annoying in a single person, but somewhat disrespectful in a married person. I know I sure as hell wouldn't be happy with my spouse actively creating an opposite-sex cult following for themselves online.

I have a hard time being angry at a woman who is so clearly hungry for attention from guys. How sad.

ITA. Her glib comments make me think that she wants attention more than really buying into these beliefs. The problem is she is attracting the attention of a dangerous crowd. MRA's really scare me, as many seem to be very sick and very volatile individuals.

ITA. Her glib comments make me think that she wants attention more than really buying into these beliefs. The problem is she is attracting the attention of a dangerous crowd. MRA's really scare me, as many seem to be very sick and very volatile individuals.

Agreed. The idea of MRAs was always a headscratcher to me, but on closer inspection, this group is actually terrifying. :pink-shock:

Agreed. The idea of MRAs was always a headscratcher to me, but on closer inspection, this group is actually terrifying. :pink-shock:

Very scary. Just checked her latest post and it's about how a man needs to nip his wife's disobedience in the bud to prevent her from rebelling. Sunshine confessed to putting her knives in the dishwasher instead of washing them by hand as her husband had commanded her to do. The dishwasher broke yesterday and now he's punished her by making her wash ALL of the dishes by hand and refusing to buy a new dishwasher.

There are comments by men AND women who think that it's a great idea to put a woman in her place. Ugh! Please remind me that it's 2013 and wives don't need to be punished.

Archived